[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Hoops Final Weekend of Regular Season.

PantherDave

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be a tuffy, but if we make it to Friday, it will be all good with me.

Well, it looks like Henderson will be out, so that is in your favor.

And Billy Packer should be ashamed for saying that wasn't an intentional foul. It was flagrant and intentional and I hope Duke loses to State in Henderson's absence.

(the really bad word) Dook

Edited by billay

That so wasn't intentional. He went up for a block and hit him by mistake. My question is up by 12 with 14 seconds to go why is Hansborough still in? Trying to run it up? Classy.

You're kidding, right Timmy? You know basketball better than that. Henderson charged the lane with his elbow out. Is it a coincidence that the guy who burned you with 26 points and 15 rebounds just happens to end up the player who got bloodied? Give me a break.

And Hansbrough was in the game because K wouldn't let up. In the final minutes he continued to foul after every possession. He even pulled Paulus and McRoberts to put players in the game who had fouls to give (Paulus and McRoberts both had 4) If you are down 12 with 20 seconds to play, why on earth are you going to keep fouling? If that's K's strategy, then our strategy is to keep playing too. Not to mention that if you're committed to fouling the game out, Tyler is one of our best free throw shooters.

First, Paulus & McRoberts fouled out. They didn't get pulled for guy who can foul. Second, Coach K has a young team. He needs to keep teaching them how not to quit. Third, whil I admit the hit was hard Billy Packer was 100% right. Henderson wasn't even looking where his arm went. He swung for a block and found Hansbrough's nose. To me a suspension should be used for punches & such not for hard fouls.

Well, it looks like Henderson will be out, so that is in your favor.

And Billy Packer should be ashamed for saying that wasn't an intentional foul. It was flagrant and intentional and I hope Duke loses to State in Henderson's absence.

(the really bad word) Dook

Nice avy - :D I have not seen the elbow, I turned before it got to that point. A few observations.... Dook is just not good, I don't know how else to put it- they have LIMITED players at every position, why the weak recruiting of late?? I mean, they have to claw and do all they can just to stay with a team like Carolina, and that is it- they struggle to get quality shots, their G's are too slow to D up on quick, strong 1, 2's. McRoberts may be the most overrated player I have seen is a long time. They just don't have any guys that make plays, and I don't see them doing any real damage in the NCAA's.

Carolina has the potential, as ong as Ty never leaves the floor, and Frasor never sees it. Frasor has to have some pics of squeaky clean Roy, bc they guy does nothing well on the floor. An outsider, but I think Roy should tighten up the rotation - that may wear out Dook but all it will do against a quality team is give them a chance to make solid runs, and keep everyone out of sync for the Heels. Still dangerous, just seems like they are lacking the killer mentality of finishing teams, and making the plays needed in a tight game down the stretch.

On a plus fo yall- looks like GT is in, Clemson and FSU are DONE, barring some miracle run to the ACC title game.

I just saw the video for the first time. It was definately intentional. Henderson had his elbow out the entire way. He never extended his arm (which is what you would do if you were trying to block a shot), and he swung his elbow right into Tyler's face. Henderson should miss more than 1 game.

Billy Packer is a tool and blind, Henderson is not looking at the ball for one second, he is locked in on Tyler's face the whole time. Plus, when you go up for a block, it's with your hand out-strectched to meet the ball at it's apex, not with your elbow out front and your arm in chicked wing position----tough Henderson, as it did not get overlooked in the melee. That is BS and I don't appreciate that from Duke, as in the ACC, our teams play hard and intense....but never dirty.

Packer was doing damage control for the Dookies from the get-go. And the way he was condenming the officials like that? A coach would get a huge fine for making the comments about the officiating that Packer did.

Just saw it - definitely dirty, and Henderson had some serious intent with that shot. I don't know for sure if he went in there to pop his nose with his elbow like that - but he clearly went at Tyler to do some damage.

Pretty obvious, espcially bc the ball is loose, and Henderson hammers hmn afterwards. He could have pulled up if he wanted - clearly intentional, and clearly to jack up Tyler somehwat. Like how Roy and K got chippy with each other postgame about leaving starters in at that point. K made a point about starters still being in, ok, well, Henderson was still playing. Why the TO with 50 seconds left down by 13 if the game is already decided at that point.....

Coach K and Roy Williams have both said that they feel it WAS NOT intentional. They do feel because it was a hard violent foul that the 1 game suspension was fair. Coach K already said that he won't appeal the suspension. Coach K also said that if he felt t was intentional he would suspend Henderson himself for more then 1 game.

Henderson went for the block but Tyler was fouled before the shot so the ball wasn't there. If you look closely Henderson's hand is opened the whole time. If he wanted to hurt Tyler he would have had a closed fist.

Dook is just not good, I don't know how else to put it- they have LIMITED players at every position, why the weak recruiting of late?? I mean, they have to claw and do all they can just to stay with a team like Carolina, and that is it- they struggle to get quality shots, their G's are too slow to D up on quick, strong 1, 2's. McRoberts may be the most overrated player I have seen is a long time. They just don't have any guys that make plays, and I don't see them doing any real damage in the NCAA's.

You are 100% right about Duke. If it wasn't for heart & effort they would get crushed in every game. You are also right about McRoberts. I used to think he was good & Paulus stunk. Now it is the other way around. I just hope that next year with a few more talented freshmen and losing no one Duke can bounce back to being an elite team.

Just saw it - definitely dirty, and Henderson had some serious intent with that shot. I don't know for sure if he went in there to pop his nose with his elbow like that - but he clearly went at Tyler to do some damage.

Pretty obvious, espcially bc the ball is loose, and Henderson hammers hmn afterwards. He could have pulled up if he wanted - clearly intentional, and clearly to jack up Tyler somehwat. Like how Roy and K got chippy with each other postgame about leaving starters in at that point. K made a point about starters still being in, ok, well, Henderson was still playing. Why the TO with 50 seconds left down by 13 if the game is already decided at that point.....

Exactly, when coach K said "It's unfortunate that those players were still in the game..." he might as well say, "we thought they were rubbing it in, by having Tyler in the game, so we clocked him."

I don't know where the info on Roy and K agreeing it was not intentional came from, as the local paper here is quoting Roy as saying...."It looked like Tyler was HIT." Plus, given the fact it was our ACC Insider Andrew Jones means it most likely came straight from Roy after Andrew ask the direct question.

From the ESPN article.

"I don't think there is any intentional planned thing, 'I'm going to go get the guy,' " Williams said. "I think it was an unfortunate thing that happened during the game."

The whole article is here: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2788363

Well then we have an outright condradiction on our hands then, because it's in B and W in the Star News here in Wilmington NC.