[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wild Hogs movie review

DMD

Went and saw it today with the family. It was pretty much what you would expect - four aging nerd types trying to rediscover their sense of adventure by riding harleys and "highjinks" ensue. It had plenty of star power with Macey, Allen, Travolta and Lawrence in it, plis Marisa Tomei and Ray Liotta as well.

It got an "F" on movies.com and overall critics rated it a "D" and the grade given by actual real people seeing it was "B+". I would go much closer to the B+. It is not going to win any Oscars of course but as a mindless funny fluff flick, it was a great date movie kind of thing. I've seen funnier movies, but it had a constant thread of gags and one-liners that was good enough to carry the movie. I think the critics panned it mainly because they thought it was deraugatory to gays.

I wouldn't bring small kids to it but my 14 year old son laughed. There is no language I can recall, but there is more mature references than kids would understand anyway.

Nothing earth shattering, but just a decent comedy to me. Definitely worth a rental and a decent safe date movie as well. Kind of like a 90 minute TV comedy with a lot of big name actors in it.

Went and saw it today with the family. It was pretty much what you would expect - four aging nerd types trying to rediscover their sense of adventure by riding harleys and "highjinks" ensue. It had plenty of star power with Macey, Allen, Travolta and Lawrence in it, plis Marisa Tomei and Ray Liotta as well.

It got an "F" on movies.com and overall critics rated it a "D" and the grade given by actual real people seeing it was "B+". I would go much closer to the B+. It is not going to win any Oscars of course but as a mindless funny fluff flick, it was a great date movie kind of thing. I've seen funnier movies, but it had a constant thread of gags and one-liners that was good enough to carry the movie. I think the critics panned it mainly because they thought it was deraugatory to gays.

I wouldn't bring small kids to it but my 14 year old son laughed. There is no language I can recall, but there is more mature references than kids would understand anyway.

Nothing earth shattering, but just a decent comedy to me. Definitely worth a rental and a decent safe date movie as well. Kind of like a 90 minute TV comedy with a lot of big name actors in it.

sweet thanks for the heads up as me and the wife wanna see this flix

i have to say i laughed when i saw the trailer for the first time, because i couldn't think of four people who seemed like they have less in common than john travolta, william macy, tim allen and martin lawrence. it's like the producers said, "we want to make this movie this afternoon, and we'll take the first four guys who say yes, we don't care who."

i have to say i laughed when i saw the trailer for the first time, because i couldn't think of four people who seemed like they have less in common than john travolta, william macy, tim allen and martin lawrence. it's like the producers said, "we want to make this movie this afternoon, and we'll take the first four guys who say yes, we don't care who."

It was somewhat awkward but also kind of made the movie.

Thanks for the review. My wife wants to see it because she tells reminds me that Wedding Crashers got bad reviews but we liked it. This doesn't sound good to me and has bad reviews.

+1. But hey: if the wife is going to drag me to this, at least I get to feel her up in the theatre.