[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

VISTA even Intel is holding back.

Randall

Vista: Even Intel Is Holding Back

Et tu, Intel? On the heels of the Dept. of Transportation memo forbidding tens of thousands of U.S. government workers from upgrading to Microsoft's (MSFT) Vista, Intel CEO Paul Otellini told financial analysts at the Morgan Stanley Technology Conference in San Francisco that even his IT department is holding back.

"I know of no organization that is going to adopt it before Service Pack 1 is out -- that's in the second half of this year -- and that includes us. Starting in the second half of this year we'll do a modest deployment, and continue into next year. That's the large company approach for all the people I've talked to."

For Apple (AAPL) users he adds:

"I think people will like Vista as they play with it -- it's nicer and prettier. For those who use Macs, it's closer to the Mac than we've seen for a long time."

A girl in the office told me yesterday with much excitement, "Hey, I got my free Vista upgrade disk in the mail today." She bought a comp from Dell back in November.

I told her to just say no. She looked really depressed and said, "but it was free".

Edited by The Irish Doggy

A girl in the office told me yesterday with much excitement, "Hey, I got my free Vista upgrade disk in the mail today." She bought a comp from Dell back in November.

I told her to just say no. She looked really depressed and said, "but it was free".

:D

I bought a laptop and got the free Vista upgrade form to send in so I did. Four weeks later, I got a letter, addressed to me at my usual residence, telling me they needed my name and address details. :D

My new Gateway laptop with Vista is working fine. :D

getting a new machine with vista preloaded that has enough horse power to run it is a completely different animal vs. trying to upgrade an existing machine and get everything to work.

I bought a laptop and got the free Vista upgrade form to send in so I did. Four weeks later, I got a letter, addressed to me at my usual residence, telling me they needed my name and address details. :D

:D

Edited by The Irish Doggy