[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any hockey fans?

Vicky

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D well if you saw the video i posted, that may be one of the reasons i like shootouts

I am guessing that its on youtube since that site is blocked here at work. But since you are a Rangers fan is it Malik's between the legs goal?

eta to make it legible. typing like I'm drunk.

Edited by Cameltosis

maybe :D

So I hear Jagr is finally taking a shootout attempt or two. If I was a Ranger fan and my Captain and best player refused, yes refused, to take shootout attempt I would find a better team to root for. :D

Oh, and we want Shanny back. I dont care if his head is broken.

anybody catch this

the part i love is when the 2 coaches are fighting and Rob Ray is right in the middle of them :D

i bet he would have loved to jump in there

The best part was after Emery laid the boots to Biron, he threw down with Peters. Gotta give the kid credit, depsite being in goalie equipment and not being very mobile, he held his own against a taller and stronger Peters.

Edited by Tford

The best part was after Emery laid the boots to Biron, he threw down with Peters. Gotta give the kid credit, depsite being in goalie equipment and not being very mobile, he held his own against a taller and stronger Peters.

Emery's a tough mofo, golden glove boxer or something along those lines if I'm not mistaken. If he didn't have those big elbow pads and goalie pads on, he would have thrown a beating into Peters.

Emery's a tough mofo, golden glove boxer or something along those lines if I'm not mistaken. If he didn't have those big elbow pads and goalie pads on, he would have thrown a beating into Peters.

i agree, he was smiling and laughing the whole time

I can honestly state I hate the rangers mor than any team in any sport (sorry dabuff) ....with that I still love hockey ..old school and style was better for sure but I can watch the current product with noi problem

I hate the Yankees more than any other team in sports. Followed very closely by the Penguins and the Rangers. :D

Geez, go away for a couple hours and the thread explodes to 4 pages.

On shootouts in the playoffs - it will never happen. If Bettman even considers to bring that up to the owners, he will be abandoned by his faithful. Besides, no team sports championship should ever be awarded in that type of manner. If hockey did something that stupid, then why not end tied baseball game with a home run hitting contest? Or a basketball game with a free throw making contest. Or football with a field goal kicking contest. Hell, just get rid of the shootouts entirely.

Of course, if they made each win worth 3 points, and then kept the 2 and 1 like they do for overtime games, then the NHL would be on to something.

My best/worst Koharski experience was in the 2003 playoffs between Minnesota and Vancouver. I think it was game 3, and there was a lot of bad blood between the teams after a scrum at the end of game 2, so the whole Excel Center was ready to explode that night. You knew something was up when Wild tough guy Matt Johnson was on the ice for the opening faceoff. As soon as the puck was dropped, he and his compatriot on the Vancouver side (can't remember who their fighter was at that time), dropped their gloves and went at it. The crowd went nuts, and the roof came off the building. After that, Koharski called a penalty about every minute or so, and brought the game to a screeching halt. It ended up being one of the most miserable games to watch.

However, if you must be entertained by shootout goals, see if youtube has the goal Pierre Marc-Bouchard scored for the Wild against the Blackhawks this year. It was the old Dennis Savard spin-o-rama. Beauty of a goal.

Oh, and we want Shanny back. I dont care if his head is broken.

That would help out my fantasy team tremendously.

My best/worst Koharski experience

I loved how he single handedly gave Canada the suckyCup in 1987. Although I'm not sure what's worse, Koharski blatantly helping his fellow countrymen, or what a bunch of diving Rosie O'Donnell the Canadians are.

Without further ado:

Disclaimer: Clicking on the link above may very well may make you sick.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Of course, if they made each win worth 3 points, and then kept the 2 and 1 like they do for overtime games, then the NHL would be on to something.

However, if you must be entertained by shootout goals, see if youtube has the goal Pierre Marc-Bouchard scored for the Wild against the Blackhawks this year. It was the old Dennis Savard spin-o-rama. Beauty of a goal.

i agree with what you and Hugh said, i don't think a team should be awarded a point if they tie, then lose in overtime or something.

and here is the Marc-Bouchard goal :D

I loved how he single handedly gave Canada the suckyCup in 1987. Although I'm not sure what's worse, Koharski blatantly helping his fellow countrymen, or what a bunch of diving Rosie O'Donnell the Canadians are.

Without further ado:

:Canadian: What? Looked like a down the middle game to me... :Canadian:

Of course it was dirty like that, but Koharski was not the only guy to favor his country in international hockey.

Without further ado:

:D

No wonder he looks the way he does. Swallowing all those whistles has to put on a lot of weight.

The simple answer - The horrible officiating is the problem with it. The long answer - If I'm thinking of the right rule... A player is not only ejected for starting a fight in the last 5 minutes of the game, but they're suspended after that as well. For how many games depends on the number of instances. On the surface, ok, doesn't sound so bad. But it really translates to who drop the the gloves first, not who truly instigated the whole situation. With the horrible officiating lately, the one that does something to get someone to drop the gloves (spearing or something nasty) doesn't get noticed. I've been to more than one game this year that got nastier as it went on because the refs let everything go. In that last 5 minutes the other team would REALLY get nasty and basically leave our boys with nothing to do about it. Damned if you do, damned if you don't - No one sticks up for their teammates and they suck. Stick up for them and get penalized out the a$$ because some little punk happened to do something late in the game.

Meh. Bettman is the anti-christ.

I agree that this rule sucks. The players that give a cheap shot will only get a 2 min penalty for it or at most a 5 min major. The player that protects their team mate that received the cheap shot gets ejected and additional suspensions.

It almost promotes cheap shots as the players giving the cheap shots towards the end of the game get off much easier.

Since this seems to have turned into the generic hockey talk thread... Did anyone see that horrible swing that Chris Simon took at Ryan Hollweg in the Islanders/Rangers game last night? If he's not sitting out the rest of the season, the league is more hosed than we thought!

Since this seems to have turned into the generic hockey talk thread... Did anyone see that horrible swing that Chris Simon took at Ryan Hollweg in the Islanders/Rangers game last night? If he's not sitting out the rest of the season, the league is more hosed than we thought!

Yep, he's gone. You know you're in trouble when Melrose says it's a bad hit. :D He though Cam Janssen's hit on Kaberle should have been a 2 minute minor at best. :D

Simon's a goon, always has been. Took a clean hit and reacted like an animal. Good riddance.