[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm F'in PO'ed

darin3

I don't think anyone should be all that surprised that someone working at a bar on St Paddy's day might be a little extra sensitive then a regular night to how much they're serving to someone. Granted, maybe you feel they could have handled it better, but what are you gonna do? I seriously doubt you'll get any satisifaction from the BBB, who are they going to believe, some drunk or the management of the bar? :D

Best thing to do is express your feelings when you go back to get your card and let them know you'll be spending your money elsewheres in the future. Not much else you can do.

And you know, Blitz is just trying to bait you, don't get hooked.

I take it you, then, that you believe it is okay to "drink all day" and then drive home?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone should be all that surprised that someone working at a bar on St Paddy's day might be a little extra sensitive then a regular night to how much they're serving to someone. Granted, maybe you feel they could have handled it better, but what are you gonna do? I seriously doubt you'll get any satisifaction from the BBB, who are they going to believe, some drunk or the management of the bar? :D

Best thing to do is express your feelings when you go back to get your card and let them know you'll be spending your money elsewheres in the future. Not much else you can do.

And you know, Blitz is just trying to bait you, don't get hooked.

I hear ya. Having worked at some ridiculously packed joints on St. Patty's Day, I can't blame 'em too much... but we were nowhere NEAR the point of "suspects", if you will....

I'll get my card back and will express my dissatisfaction. I'm just bummed I have to do it, period. Love the bar, would have loved to gone back.... bartender woulda got a hell of a tip, too. Now he gets a big fat goose egg.

Agree, to a point....

I would have liked a discussion w/ management/ownership when I requested it, though. The doorman/bouncer recognized that I was sober and capable of an intelligent discussion, but gave me no opportunity to work things out.

I'm just bitter due to the fact that I was a/ probably the most sober person there, b/ had dropped 200 bucks in there... and c/ well the other reasons don't really matter but I had bought drinks for deserving servicemen, was going to tip big time (had been given great service) and loved the bar in our other visits...

I'd love to square things away with ownership/management and write it off as jumpy bouncers and a miscue from my buzzed fiancee who in all honestly simply lost her balance after some drunk college twit bumped into her..... but whatever.

If you feel that strongly than confront management when you go back for your stuff. Worst case scenerio you get how you feel off your chest, they do nothing about it but say sorry for the miscommunication and you walk out with your stuff. Best case scenerio they talk care of you in some way- total refund/some percentage off along with an apology.

Edited by irish

Check the record

An reckon an intentional wreck

Played off as some intellect

Made the call, took the fall

Broke the laws

Not my fault they're fallin' off

Known as fair square

Throughout my years

So I growl at the livin' foul

Black to the bone my home is your home

So welcome to the Terrordome

Pretty much, yeah. There's a lot of walking involved here at SXSW. Hey, it's 3 hours from you. If you did anything other than watch your kids play softball and manhandle other men in the dojo, maybe you'd know that. Thanks for your insight, sensei.

Edit: To expand on that... I got a DUI just about 1 year ago in Cali. I got drunk off my azz at around 2:30ish and stopped drinking at 5:30iish to make sure we'd be able to get home. Always have a sober driver. Hope you St. Patty's Day partiers did the same tonight.

So you got a DUI when you thought you were sober?

Alright we got the point you disagree with Darin's choices and feel he was wrong in this instance. Why continue posting in this thread other than to be a jackass and bust chops?

No he felt sober, probably acted sober, but his BAC was over the legal driving limit.

Just come out and say it, you shouldn't be drinking and driving that quickly after last drink (any drink, 1 shot whatever). I've been there before Darin and made the choice not to drive or to drive, irregardless I knew what the right thing was to do no matter what decision I made.

If you feel that strongly than confront management when you go back for your stuff. Worst case scenerio you get how you feel off your chest, they do nothing about it but say sorry for the miscommunication and you walk out with your stuff. Best case scenerio they talk care of you in some way- total refund/some percentage off along with an apolgy.

There's what I'm really hopin' for. I guarantee that any of the management staff and/or owners of the bars I worked at previously would have researched this occurrence 100% and if there was any doubt as to who was "at fault", they would have conceded in the favor of the customer. Most of the time, it's an employee that's over-reacted. Even it's the customer that's the one that's been drinking... most of the time it's the hot-headed bouncer that has over-reacted to a situation.

Anyways... just venting here. I spent way too much tonight... making sure my girl and her friend (who got into a car accident earlier) had a good time. Now I will most likely pay an even higher price in a blackball from one of downtown Austin's coolest joints.

As for the complaint on the BBB,I have had real good luck in filing claims with them. Real reputable businesses are registered with them and businesses that want to be around for awhile will at very least listen to any claims that are filed through the BBB. I will probably get my credit card and license back before the BBB even sends them anything. If I don't get a resolution in my favor at that point, I will continue with the claim. Nothing happens, no big deal. At very least I will raise the red flag that they are morons.

Anyways... just venting here. I spent way too much tonight... making sure my girl and her friend (who got into a car accident earlier) had a good time.

Blitz.....how far can you hit this soft ball?

Edited by Hat Trick

Check the record

An reckon an intentional wreck

Played off as some intellect

Made the call, took the fall

Broke the laws

Not my fault they're fallin' off

Known as fair square

Throughout my years

So I growl at the livin' foul

Black to the bone my home is your home

So welcome to the Terrordome

:D You realize Public Enemy played at Auditorium Shores last night, right? They were laggin' so we left..... :D

Alright we got the point you disagree with Darin's choices and feel he was wrong in this instance. Why continue posting in this thread other than to be a jackass and bust chops?

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Grits and Shins.

· View this post

· Squeeze me a little harder Grits and Shins

No he felt sober, probably acted sober, but his BAC was over the legal driving limit.

Just come out and say it, you shouldn't be drinking and driving that quickly after last drink (any drink, 1 shot whatever). I've been there before Darin and made the choice not to drive or to drive, irregardless I knew what the right thing was to do no matter what decision I made.

I seriously doubt my BAC was anywhere near the threshold.

But yeah, I probably had not driven after taking a shot within 20 minutes +/- but in all honesty, after the pumping of adrenaline and the 6-7 block walk to the car, I'm pretty certain it was all but burnt off.

I had a kicked-out, vomiting and crying loved one, sitting on the curb of a bar we had just unjustifiably been kicked out from.

I sprinted, purse and hugh cup of water (that they tried to take from me at the door) in hand, for 25 minutes to rescue my beau. F you, Twit and Grins.

Edited by darin3

Blitz.....how far can you hit this soft ball?

:D

MORE reason for me to cool my jets and let the girls have fun. My chick was in a pretty hairy wreck a few years ago (nothing comparing to mine) and we both told our stories tonight to lessen the blow.

Our friend was not hurt... just got her car pretty hammered.

Dix and Julios can try and smack that softball as far as he wants.

It is SxSW weekend and it is St. Patrick's Day. I imagine the leash is short for behavior issues with all establishments, especially today.

Chalk it up to a bummer experience and move on. :D

Stop making sense, a-hole.

Oh, and by the way... your blonde twin is the lead singer for a band that we saw earlier in the week. My chick thought it was Beck. Stay tuned for pics.

Edited by darin3

:D You realize Public Enemy played at Auditorium Shores last night, right? They were laggin' so we left..... :D

· View this post

I seriously doubt my BAC was anywhere near the threshold.

But yeah, I probably had not driven after taking a shot within 20 minutes +/- but in all honesty, after the pumping of adrenaline and the 6-7 block walk to the car, I'm pretty certain it was all but burnt off.

I had a kicked-out, vomiting and crying loved one, sitting on the curb of a bar we had just unjustifiably been kicked out from.

I sprinted, purse and hugh cup of water (that they tried to take from me at the door) in hand, for 25 minutes to rescue my beau. F you, Twit and Grins.

Just ignore him Darin. When he gives responses like he is tonight he's not worth the time and effort to respond back to. It's a shame though that he has to post such messages as he has half a brain and can actually make sense and offer good advice from time to time. It'll probably take an injury to one of his loved ones for him to have one of those life affirming moments and realize that he acts like a jerk way too often and then he'll mellow out. I always say age is just a number and that sometimes people never fully mature. I guess time will tell with Grits if he ever grows up.

Oh, and before someone drops the "oh, your chick was probably trashed and mouthed off or fell down" card... both of our friends that were with us saw some trashed college twit ram into her, making her spill part of her drink and drop to one knee. All the Army guys left right after we got booted and came down to the street to come to our aid and see if everything was OK. Thumbs-up to the grunts of Ft. Hood.

Just ignore him Darin. When he gives responses like he is tonight he's not worth the time and effort to respond back to. It's a shame though that he has to post such messages as he has half a brain and can actually make sense and offer good advice from time to time. It'll probably take an injury to one of his loved ones for him to have one of those life affirming moments and realize that he acts like a jerk way too often and then he'll mellow out. I always say age is just a number and that sometimes people never fully mature. I guess time will tell with Grits if he ever grows up.

:D

I am truely amazed at your adamament defense of drinking and driving ... and of the support you are getting from other Huddlers.

I also truely hope that me and my loved ones are never on the same roads with all of you guys that think it is okay to drink all day and then drive after a couple hours of sobering up time.

I am truely amazed at your adamament defense of drinking and driving ... and of the support you are getting from other Huddlers.

I also truely hope that me and my loved ones are never on the same roads with all of you guys that think it is okay to drink all day and then drive after a couple hours of sobering up time.

· View this post

Gettin' close to 20k. :D

I hear ya. Having worked at some ridiculously packed joints on St. Patty's Day, I can't blame 'em too much...

bartender woulda got a hell of a tip, too. Now he gets a big fat goose egg.

Hey D I hate to also be a voice of reason but remember that your service was great and the bartender wasnt responsible for your early dismissal. Bartenders live off of tips so try to let your hard feelings go when you sign your CC receipt. Chances are pretty good the tip will already be included but if not dont punish the bartender!

While I dont disagree with you I think you come off a little boorish at times. Sometimes it isnt the message but the messenger ya know!

Hey D I hate to also be a voice of reason but remember that your service was great and the bartender wasnt responsible for your early dismissal. Bartenders live off of tips so try to let your hard feelings go when you sign your CC receipt. Chances are pretty good the tip will already be included but if not dont punish the bartender!

That's very true but I will apply guilt by association. That's exactly what they did. I was completely sober (drinking water, but did have a shot with the Army boys) and not exhibiting ANY sign of outlandish drunkenness... and yet we were given zero warning.

You have been in the industry... you should know this... bartenders ARE inherently responsible to watch over their customers; that is, if any of them are exhibiting any signs that would lead them to being a/ cut off or b/ kicked out, they would either a/ alert a member or members of the group or b/ alert the bouncer(s). Our group was TOTALLY obvious. If the had alerted me that she was exhibiting signs of obvious over-drunkenness, I would have cashed out and left. Period.

Put it this way. If the owner/manager is cool and writes it off as his bouncers being overly cautious, I will still tip zero... but will make sure to tip extra good next time we're there. You know that I've been in the industry and I wouldn't be pissed if this had happened to me.

Goodness... it's only 12:10am. :D