[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

classless in nashville

Azazello1313

Its amazing but I think everyone got it right ...tootoo was right to protect himself as for sure he would have taken the first shot from a bigger guy if he did not react and secondly league is right to suspend him as it was a viloent act that led to an injury ..my two cents

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For one, his guard wasnt down. He was raising his hands and his stick in a posture to blow up Tootoo. Go watch it again. And I never understood the notion that you should allow somebody to throw the first punch. If you do so, they might knock you out. That dude was obviously coming over there to knock down a much smaller Jordan Tootoo. Tootoo made a pre-emptive strike to prevent the other guy from launching him into the boards. Dude should have had his guard up as he was fast approaching Tootoo to do him harm. It was not a cheap shot at all as the guy was not only facing Tootoo but was being the aggressor in moving rapidly toward him with his hands and stick raised. He just got tagged by a quicker player.

i may be wrong, but i think Robidas was raising his arms because he saw the punch coming. It's a natural reaction to put your arms up when a fist is coming at your face

i may be wrong, but i think Robidas was raising his arms because he saw the punch coming. It's a natural reaction to put your arms up when a fist is coming at your face

Fine then; why was he abandoning an offensive push to skate back to where Modano and Tootoo were getting up? Both pretty clearly looked OK. And he was making a beeline for Tootoo.

Fine then; why was he abandoning an offensive push to skate back to where Modano and Tootoo were getting up? Both pretty clearly looked OK. And he was making a beeline for Tootoo.

as i said before, he would have hit Tootoo if he was not punched. But we are talking about what was happening at the time of the punch. Robidas had not yet hit him or punched him, that's why Tootoo's punch got him suspended. If Tootoo had not punched him, then he probably would have been hit.

I have a hunch Robidas wasn't skating over to pat his butt on the good hit.

He was coming over to take action no doubt and from what I see Toodoo said im gonna punch him while he is skating instead of squaring up like a man..

I just watched it again like 5 times..Robidas is coming in to check him and he punched him in the face..I will defer to the hockey faithful on the boards since I am a casual fan at best..Is a retaliation check open season to take a free shot at someones face and usually when 2 players in hockey fight they both know punches are coming..I usually see a square up and circle before shots are fired..Am I wrong ?

Edited by whomper

OK, I finally was able to watch the video of the hit, and here's my :D on the matter.

Robidas screwed up big time. And got caught flush. The league gave it's reasons for the suspension, and I won't go into those here. Bottom line, when one of your stars gets run (although it looked like a pretty clean hit on Modano), and you're looking for payback, to run in with your guard down is just stupid. Typically the enforcers will square off with the guy or go after him with some semblance of control, but Robidas just skated in hard looking to blindside Tootoo, and got nailed for his efforts. I highly doubt Robidas was moving in to drop the gloves and square off with Tootoo, he was looking for an instant payback hit. Wrong reaction to take. It cost him. And as a result of his being caught cold by Tootoo, then Jordin was penalized further with the suspension. Try as they might, the NHL is trying to protect against the head shots, but they are very inconsistent with their rulings.

End result.....Robidas is knocked loopy, Tootoo is villianized, and as a result of everything that happened, Modano isn't given his due when he gets his goal record. All in all, nobody wins, everybody loses, and it's just a bad night for hockey.

There is one solution though............

Move the Predators to Winnipeg. :D

Kidding Spain, just kidding.

OK, I finally was able to watch the video of the hit, and here's my :D on the matter.

Robidas screwed up big time. And got caught flush. The league gave it's reasons for the suspension, and I won't go into those here. Bottom line, when one of your stars gets run (although it looked like a pretty clean hit on Modano), and you're looking for payback, to run in with your guard down is just stupid. Typically the enforcers will square off with the guy or go after him with some semblance of control, but Robidas just skated in hard looking to blindside Tootoo, and got nailed for his efforts. I highly doubt Robidas was moving in to drop the gloves and square off with Tootoo, he was looking for an instant payback hit. Wrong reaction to take. It cost him. And as a result of his being caught cold by Tootoo, then Jordin was penalized further with the suspension. Try as they might, the NHL is trying to protect against the head shots, but they are very inconsistent with their rulings.

Seductivenun has always talked Hockey on the boards so I will defer to his opinion..from a laymans POV it looked like he wanted no part of squaring up and took advantage of some carelessness by robidas and popped him while he was running in Kermit Washington style but I guess I was off

.from a laymans POV it looked like he wanted no part of squaring up

:D

Tootoo ALWAYS wants a part of squaring up. To me, it looked like he was still recovering his feet, saw somebody coming in hot, and just reacted.

My point was that if Robidas wanted a piece of Tootoo, he should have skated in under control and squared off with him, not try to blind charge him which is what it looked like he was trying to do. Robidas screwed up, and got popped in the grill for it. Had Tootoo not turned around when he did, he could have very easily been the one laying on the ice.