[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A look at the top of the draft

muck

After HOU and ATL swapped spots and Matt Schaub goes to Houston (freeing up David Carr), and with Miami snooping around Trent Green, I offer the following:

1 Oakland Raiders

Sign or trade for David Carr; Al takes Calvin Johnson, WR.

2 Detroit Lions

JaMarcus Russell, QB

3 Cleveland Browns

Brady Quinn, QB

4 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Amobi Okoye, DT (rumor: Gruden fell in love w/ Okoye at the Senior Bowl like he did Caddy two years ago)

5 Arizona Cardinals

Joe Thomas, OT

6 Washington Redskins

Gaines Adams, DE

7 Minnesota Vikings

Adrian Peterson, RB

8 Atlanta Falcons

Laron Landry, S

9 Miami Dolphins

Ted Ginn, WR

10 Houston Texans

Levi Brown, OT

I like it, but explain the reason MIN goes RB (APeterson) when they already have Chester Taylor on board? Best Player Available?

Chester Taylor is not the long term answer or the franchise back. If Peterson is available that means the QB's are probably gone. Drafting Peterson would improve this team...Kind of like New Orleans drafting Bush last year, you just don't pass on him.

Edit: I would like that pick if he was available.

Edited by Outshined

Chester Taylor is not the long term answer or the franchise back. If Peterson is available that means the QB's are probably gone. Drafting Peterson would improve this team...Kind of like New Orleans drafting Bush last year, you just don't pass on him.

Edit: I would like that pick if he was available.

Ok, I can see your point, but NOR also had a QB and WRs, which MIN is lacking, no?

Ok, I can see your point, but NOR also had a QB and WRs, which MIN is lacking, no?

Yes they are lacking...the jury is still out on Tarvaris Jackson. Childress said they need to work towards getting playmakers on offense. If the QB's are gone and Peterson is there, I think it is a huge upgrade and he would be a piece of the puzzle that they are looking for. They could draft need and take a DE or trade down for WR.

Yes they are lacking...the jury is still out on Tarvaris Jackson. Childress said they need to work towards getting playmakers on offense. If the QB's are gone and Peterson is there, I think it is a huge upgrade and he would be a piece of the puzzle that they are looking for. They could draft need and take a DE or trade down for WR.

While he might not be the franchise RB they might want, he is very servicable, and gets the job done. I think they would trade down and grab a WR.

While he might not be the franchise RB they might want, he is very servicable, and gets the job done. I think they would trade down and grab a WR.

I think this is the most likely scenario for Minny. There are quite a few quality WR's in this years draft, but most seem to be projected in the late teens and end of the first round selections, according to the Kiper God of Hair.

I could see both Buffalo and Green Bay trying to jump up if Peterson is falling into the 8 to 10 area of the first round. It would probably cost them a 3rd or 4th depending on which team we're talking about.

I think this is the most likely scenario for Minny. There are quite a few quality WR's in this years draft, but most seem to be projected in the late teens and end of the first round selections, according to the Kiper God of Hair.

I could see both Buffalo and Green Bay trying to jump up if Peterson is falling into the 8 to 10 area of the first round. It would probably cost them a 3rd or 4th depending on which team we're talking about.

I see Buffalo staying put...I think they will be drafting Patrick Willis. If AP happens to be there at 12, then I they draft him. But they will not move up to get him. The Bills will be happy with Pittman or Irons in the second or even the third.