[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Billy Gillispie to remain Head Coach at Texas A&M

myhousekey

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4668232.html

Texas A&M basketball coach Billy Gillispie will remain head coach of the basketball program he has turned into a national power, three high-ranking officials close to and within the A&M system have confirmed.

Gillispie apparently will receive a new contract that will pay him in the neighborhood of $2 million a year, guarantees added to the deal that runs through 2012 and construction on the new A&M basketball facility will begin on Monday.

The announcement should become official after the A&M regents meet Thursday and Friday.

Thank goodness.

I'd say Aggie fans are officially worried with Donovan turning down the KY job and Gillispie still yet to sign on the dotted line (at least all I've read is of a verbal agreement).

Edited by myhousekey

Uh oh - great move for Gillespie- horrible for A & M . Damn, that sucks for y'all.

No reason A&M shouldn't be able to get a top notch coach down there. Program is on the way up, and they have the $$$ to lure a good one.

The problem is there are no good ones available. Everyone has been hired already. And Arkansas is STILL looking for a coach.

Unreal offseason.

The problem is there are no good ones available. Everyone has been hired already. And Arkansas is STILL looking for a coach.

Unreal offseason.

:D Arkansas hired a coach. I want to say Creighton's coach but not positive.

Unreal offseason.

Apparently we hired John Pelphery today. I remember him as a player at Kentucky and it sounds like he has done a good job at South Alabama. Also, apparently he's also Donovan protege. I am very, very cautiously hopeful.