[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does a written warning have any implications

frenzal rhomb

that stood up in court?? did he give him the ticket dated for the original warning? or did he just say we was guilty of both 'crimes' on the later date?

He, I guess for lack of a better term, upgraded the warnings into tickets with the date it took place on and then ticketed him for the current offenses that day. My friend had said that the officer told him the day he gave him the warnings that if he pulled him over again for similar offenses he would do that and he did.

Come on, I don't know much about the legalities involved here, others of you would know better. I know it happened to my friend but was it a legit move by the cop or did he take advantage?

Edited by irish

I just wanted to know if my insurance co runs a check on me if they will find this. I wasnt cited and no fine issued, but if the insurance co sees I was contacted for excessive speed if they can use this against me.

I doubt it. There are a lot of variables. What's a "warning?" Is it defined anywhere? Is it recorded?

If you're concerned, call your SoS or look at their website.

Well then one of my friends got miraculously screwed over for things he was warned for and then ticketed for at a later date for a different infraction by the same officer. :D

In Michigan, there used to be a practice called taking something "under advisement." You would plead guilty to something. You paid court costs (of course). The court would designate a period - typically 6 months or a year. If you didn't receive a traffic citation during that period, the infraction would essentially go away, and nothing would appear on your record. If you received a ticket, the matter under advisement came back to life and you were assessed points and whatnot and it appeared on your record.

The Michigan Supreme Court put the kibosh on that a few years ago. Coincidentally, this occurred after a 3 term governor stacked the court with conservative, pro-insurance company justices.

If you're concerned, call your SoS or look at their website.

What's my SoS??

The written warning was kind of formal - piece of paper with all my id stuff, code of what law I violated, etc.

Until that, I was never pulled over for anything so this is a little new to me.

I just wanted to know if my insurance co runs a check on me if they will find this. I wasnt cited and no fine issued, but if the insurance co sees I was contacted for excessive speed if they can use this against me.

No your insurance company is not going to run a check and find this. This thing will not "officially" be turned in to anything. For lack of any better way to put it, the cop let you go.

No your insurance company is not going to run a check and find this. This thing will not "officially" be turned in to anything. For lack of any better way to put it, the cop let you go while attempting to give you a little scare/slap on the wrist.

Just letting you go doesn't have as much of an impact. Filling out paperwork and giving you a warning sounds more official and they hope (so I'm thinking) works like a scared straight tactic.

Oh...you meant 'warning.' I thought you meant 'esrning.' That is completely different. Please disregard my previous post.

:D

Well they turn that warning into the real deal and then you'll get ticketed for the offenses; speeding, blowing a red light, etc. Comprende? :D

So the cop put FRs warning on his Taxi squad

Well they turn that warning into the real deal and then you'll get ticketed for the offenses; speeding, blowing a red light, etc. Comprende? :D

Wow! Hopefully the next time you run somebody over, the same cop won't come out on the call. I'd hate to see you get into any trouble.