[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

jc in sports

dmarc117

does it bug anyone else when someone thanks jc or says jc helped him win a sporting event......

if the guy does exist, i think the last thing he is worried about is some dude winning a golf tournanment.

keep your faith to yourself!!!!

imho

does it bug anyone else when someone thanks jc or says jc helped him win a sporting event......

if the guy does exist, i think the last thing he is worried about is some dude winning a golf tournanment.

keep your faith to yourself!!!!

imho

I agree with this for the most part. If you play well on Sunday at the Masters it's because you have skill and cahones (sp?), J may help you with emotions and other inner related stuff but he ain't helping you stick a 3 iron within 8 feet for an eagle or chip to within a foot on 18. Where was he on 17 when you missed that 7 footer?

I've got no problem if an athlete wants to thank JC for giving him the ability that allows he/she to perform in their particular field. I do have a problem when the athlete gives thanks for Jesus being "with him/her" and helping them to victory.

So I guess if you're a bad boy, Christ will help your opponent on the athletic field. :D

I've got no problem if an athlete wants to thank JC for giving him the ability that allows he/she to perform in their particular field. I do have a problem when the athlete gives thanks for Jesus being "with him/her" and helping them to victory.

So I guess if you're a bad boy, Christ will help your opponent on the athletic field. :D

lol...my hs english teacher raised the same question, i went to a catholic hs. he asked if both teams prayed to jc before the game for victory, one teams prayers aint gettin answered!

:D

Thought you were our resident beener :D

That's Chavez, I'm just his backup. :tup:

Hell I failed Spanish at HFCC if that tells you anything.

I can eat some mean mexican though.

Well, I guess that could explain this.

Snap.

Honestly, I have no problem with a guy doing this and I am not at all religious. This is a far cry from somebody forcing their religion down my throat. JC is obviously a very important part of this guys life and, thus, gives him the strength to fight through tough times and keep a steady hand. Whatever gets you through the day, as far as I'm concerned.

If he got this strength from somebody else, like his father, wife, or old HS coach and went on and on about them instead, nobody would blink.

The only thing I was concerned about after he finished is that he quit crying and head to the practice tee 'cause it wasn't technically over yet and would have hated to see the guy get eaten alive in a play-off by Tiger after the gush-fest he had at 18. After Tiger parred 17, that's another story.