[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jesus I can't believe what i just heard

cliaz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I asuume the Korean gentleman was able to ignore the older man's remarks because old people are respected in the East far more than here. Or perhaps he walked away thinking about tonight's meal.

I ate dog meat in Thailand but it was bbqued in this fishy hot sauce that burned my taste buds so bad I couldn't tell if it was dog or rubber. And in the movie The Patriot I believe that Mel Gibson and another character thought eating the British general's dogs would be a fine meal.

Well--I think that settles that. :D

(For the record, I don't see any real difference between eating dogs and eating cows. If I were ever in a place where dogs comprised part of the people's diet, I wouldn't hesitate to join them in their meal.)

That's because you're a primitive.

I just told a Vietnamese guy in our office the same thing. He laughed and told me chihuahuas taste the best. :D

I had a dog in my dog training class that was a dog a woman saved from being slaughtered when she was in Korea. It looks like an all white Chihuahua with a curl to the tail and is as dumb as nails and one of the ugliest dogs I've ever seen. It is also not trusting of people and quite anti-social-these dogs weren't bred to bond or look good. The woman loves the dog and thought it learned fast, so whatever-she loves the dog.

She even went through my intermediate class but it was too dumb and skiddish to keep up with the class. I did see improvement though.

I had a dog in my dog training class that was a dog a woman saved from being slaughtered when she was in Korea. It looks like an all white Chihuahua with a curl to the tail and is as dumb as nails and one of the ugliest dogs I've ever seen. It is also not trusting of people and quite anti-social-these dogs weren't bred to bond or look good. The woman loves the dog and thought it learned fast, so whatever-she loves the dog.

She even went through my intermediate class but it was too dumb and skiddish to keep up with the class. I did see improvement though.

When I was a kid I lived near project housing where a lot of Vietnamese families lived. I also had a lot of friends living there as well. Well, one day me & a friend of mine were sitting on his back porch bsing and a couple of units down we see this tiny old Vietnamese lady walk out her back door talking to her little dog that she had on a leash. We couldn't understand what she was saying as most elderly Vietnamese don't speak English. Basically though we could understand that she was telling the dog to stay & she hooked the leash on a barb on the fence. Of course, being elementary school kids we really thought nothing of it & though that she was just taking the dog out & didn't want it to run away. About 5 minutes later the old woman comes back out, only this time she has a sawed off broom stick in her hand, probably about a foot & a half long and still she's talking to the dog which is just sitting there looking at her. All of a sudden, the lady bends down, grabs the dog by the skin on it's neck, raises the stick & whacks the sh*t out of it in the back of the head. The dog didn't even see it coming Me & my friend were like :D . Then, the little old lady just nonchalantly unties the dog & walks back in the house, still holding it by the skin of the neck.

When I was a kid I lived near project housing where a lot of Vietnamese families lived. I also had a lot of friends living there as well. Well, one day me & a friend of mine were sitting on his back porch bsing and a couple of units down we see this tiny old Vietnamese lady walk out her back door talking to her little dog that she had on a leash. We couldn't understand what she was saying as most elderly Vietnamese don't speak English. Basically though we could understand that she was telling the dog to stay & she hooked the leash on a barb on the fence. Of course, being elementary school kids we really thought nothing of it & though that she was just taking the dog out & didn't want it to run away. About 5 minutes later the old woman comes back out, only this time she has a sawed off broom stick in her hand, probably about a foot & a half long and still she's talking to the dog which is just sitting there looking at her. All of a sudden, the lady bends down, grabs the dog by the skin on it's neck, raises the stick & whacks the sh*t out of it in the back of the head. The dog didn't even see it coming Me & my friend were like :D . Then, the little old lady just nonchalantly unties the dog & walks back in the house, still holding it by the skin of the neck.

Subhuman old bag should have been shipped back to her cesspool.

The dogs typically eaten in China aren't a very attractive bread. They're mostly raised on an island in the South China Sea (I think it's called Hainen Island). At any rate, they appeared to be bigger than chihuahuas but pretty mean looking. FWIW. Once again, they taste like crap IMO so I have no prob crossing them off my list of things I eat.

Subhuman old bag should have been shipped back to her cesspool.

Honestly, to them it's nothing more than Grandpa on the farm going out & killing a chicken for dinner. I can't say I look down on her for doing it, but as a kid it sure shocked the hell outta me.

The dogs typically eaten in China aren't a very attractive bread. They're mostly raised on an island in the South China Sea (I think it's called Hainen Island). At any rate, they appeared to be bigger than chihuahuas but pretty mean looking. FWIW. Once again, they taste like crap IMO so I have no prob crossing them off my list of things I eat.

I'm waiting for the dog episode on Iron Chef! :D

I can. I'd love to have been a neighbor of theirs.

LOL, what would you have done to a 4 ft tall 80 something year old woman who didn't speak a lick of English and in fact looked like she just walked off a boat? You have to understand, it is/was a completely different world over there and a lot of the people who came here were poor villagers who ate whatever they raised, grew or hunted themselves including dogs and grew up knowing nothing different from their village life. These people were forced from their homelands & were granted refuge here. Do you really expect them to all-of-a-sudden adopt your sense of morals?

Edited by rajncajn

I'll donate $20 to send Ursa to India to eat cow and watch him get his ass kicked for eating their God. Who's in?

+1

Neither of you two twits need bother because when Ursa's in India, he's gonna have sufficient wit to respect the local sensibilities and not eat cow. What's more, he's gonna have the smarts to check what goes on in someone else's country in advance.

Neither of you two twits need bother because when Ursa's in India, he's gonna have sufficient wit to respect the local sensibilities and not eat cow. What's more, he's gonna have the smarts to check what goes on in someone else's country in advance.

OK, I then use my $20 to send you to Europe so that you can eat some horsemeat at a restaurant I know of in Switzerland. (You surely wouldn't offend the locals by not eating the local specialty would you?)

OK, I then use my $20 to send you to Europe so that you can eat some horsemeat at a restaurant I know of in Switzerland. (You surely wouldn't offend the locals by not eating the local specialty would you?)

Sure I would. Unless the Swiss are both rude and stupid enough to force horse upon me at said restaurant (which they won't be - I have met dozens of Swiss people), I'll simply pick something else.

Thanks for the $20.

I'll donate $20 to send Ursa to India to eat cow and watch him get his ass kicked for eating their God. Who's in?

I understand the meat of choice in India is rat. :D

Actually yes, up to a point. I expect immigrants to observe the law of the land or F off home.

It's kinda hard to call them immigrants, many of them didn't have a choice. :D

I understand the meat of choice in India is rat. :D

It's kinda hard to call them immigrants, many of them didn't have a choice. :D

Don't care two hoots - this is where they live, this is the law they obey. Don't like it? F off then.

So, it's ok for you to offend the locals in Switzerland, but not ok for the Vietnamese to offend you in America. Gotcha.

Confirm to me that the Swiss are offended when people come to their country and don't eat horse, if you would. TIA.

While you're about it, would you also confirm that a good host checks what their guests might not want to eat in advance of hosting them? Also TIA.