[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12 Team Dynasty League

L Johnson (2 years left on his contract) and RFA rights to Michael Bennett and my 2nd round rookie pick for

Maroney (5 years left on Contract) Henry (2 years left on contract) and a 3rd, 5th and 6th round rookie pick

I'm the LJ owner.... thoughts?

Which Henry, Travis or Chris?

If Travis, it sounds like a good deal for you. LJ had a bunch of mileage last year, and backs typically break down after a year with 400+ attempts.

THen will be as useful for the two years you'd have him, which is good value for you, as he won't turn into an albatross in Denver. Everyone loves Maroney (with good reason), and a 5 year contract seems like butter for that guy. I'd think you can package that package of picks and find a rook who's got some impact if you didn't want to cast your net wide.

What does your RB situation look like? On the surface, it sounds like a good deal for both guys, if he has RB depth and you need some. Where are the respective selections in the draft? 2.?? for 3.??, 4.??, & 5.?? IDP or team D?

Edited by Bronco Billy

What does your RB situation look like? On the surface, it sounds like a good deal for both guys, if he has RB depth and you need some. Where are the respective selections in the draft? 2.?? for 3.??, 4.??, & 5.?? IDP or team D?

Travis.

I haven't looked at where the picks are - because the later picks didn't mean too much to me...

this is what I am rolling with, with the trade.... its almost comical. Important to note though - that I am worthless in RFA this year because of in-season trades....

Prior to this trade, I also had only a 1st and 2nd round pick (out of six rounds)

Not IDP

Delhomme, Jake CAR QB

Rivers, Philip SDC QB

Brown, Chris TEN RB

Duckett, T.J. WAS RB - RFA

Gado, Samkon HOU

Henry, Travis TEN RB

James, Edgerrin ARI RB

Jones, Kevin DET RB (I)

Maroney, Laurence NEP RB

McGahee, Willis BUF

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Holt, Torry STL WR

Johnson, Bryant ARI WR

Lelie, Ashley FA WR

Williams, Roy DET WR

Smith, Alex TBB TE

Smith, L.J. PHI TE

Winslow, Kellen CLE TE

Hanson, Jason DET PK - RFA

Janikowski, Sebastian OAK PK - RFA

Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def RFA

Dolphins, Miami MIA - RFA

Cutler, Jay DEN QB DTS

Gradkowski, Bruce TBB QB DTS

Jackson, Vincent SDC WR DTS

White, Roddy ATL WR DTS

Edited by Duchess Jack

to me it looks like you make out in the long run with the time left on those contracts and better if some of those rookie players pan out who knows you might find a gem in those later picks that will pay off....good luck

I would do it. LJ's line is gone, and he has been way over used. Add to that we don't know who KC's QB is going to be, and I see it as a long year for LJ owners.

That's what I am feeling. Questionable QB, Questionable Oline, too many carries, Herm....

I figured that I'd unload him while he was still seen as the #2 overall

I think the contract years are a little screwed up there. LJ has 3 years left and Travis Henry only has 1 (I have insider information :D ).

I think Duchess has better upside if Maroney continues to improve. I'm not a Travis Henry fan at all (especially playing for skeletor). 5th and 6th round picks in a rookie draft aren't very valuable (unless you have a large taxi squad to stash them on) so I think getting a 3rd, 5th and 6th for a 2nd round pick is a wash.

The other owner has Shaun Alexander (which is obviously a question mark but was a superstud until getting hurt last year) and Chester Taylor.

LJ is a more proven commodity and even though he had a ton of carries last year, he is just getting into the prime of his career. Those 3 years that are left should be very productive. There are real question marks however with the O-line, questions with Huard and a mediocre receiving core to take some heat off of the running game.

So the other owner has Alexander and LJ for the next three years with Chester Taylor on the bench.

I think the trade is pretty even with Duchess' team poised to really benefit if Maroney blossoms into a super player (although New England hasn't really been a team to utilize one RB to fantasy stardom). The other team has an opportunity to have two of the best backs in the league for 3 years.

I think the contract years are a little screwed up there. LJ has 3 years left and Travis Henry only has 1 (I have insider information :D ).

I think Duchess has better upside if Maroney continues to improve. I'm not a Travis Henry fan at all (especially playing for skeletor). 5th and 6th round picks in a rookie draft aren't very valuable (unless you have a large taxi squad to stash them on) so I think getting a 3rd, 5th and 6th for a 2nd round pick is a wash.

The other owner has Shaun Alexander (which is obviously a question mark but was a superstud until getting hurt last year) and Chester Taylor.

LJ is a more proven commodity and even though he had a ton of carries last year, he is just getting into the prime of his career. Those 3 years that are left should be very productive. There are real question marks however with the O-line, questions with Huard and a mediocre receiving core to take some heat off of the running game.

So the other owner has Alexander and LJ for the next three years with Chester Taylor on the bench.

I think the trade is pretty even with Duchess' team poised to really benefit if Maroney blossoms into a super player (although New England hasn't really been a team to utilize one RB to fantasy stardom). The other team has an opportunity to have two of the best backs in the league for 3 years.

Agreed on all ends.

L Johnson (2 years left on his contract) and RFA rights to Michael Bennett and my 2nd round rookie pick for

Maroney (5 years left on Contract) Henry (2 years left on contract) and a 3rd, 5th and 6th round rookie pick

I'm the LJ owner.... thoughts?

Don't fault you for looking at trading Larry Johnson when his stock is high. But that is the key right there. I think you are undervaluing him.

You're worried about Larry Johnson's durability after a heavy season last year. However, with Maroney you're taking someone that has a terrific upside but has already proven themselves to be injury prone. This offseason Maroney underwent shoulder surgery involving "fairly significant damage," which is why he had such poor production in December and January including four games with less than 10 carries each. Some of you may have forgotten, but he also experienced torn rib cartilage and a minor knee sprain during his rookie year. On the other hand, Travis who also has a good upside is going to the home of "the devil of RBBC".

I'm not saying either of these players are bad options. What I am saying is that I would feel better if at least one of the players you were getting for LJ didn't have these shadows hanging over them. I also can't figure out why in the world you would be giving the other team an improved draft position (although I do like the multiple picks you are racking up).

Bottom line -- by all means trade LJ, but I have got to believe that you can do better than this trade.

:D SuperChiefs / John