[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

d3 does Florida (again)

darin3

So it's time for my every-6 or 8-week trip to Florida. Because Delta has stopped their non-stop service from Austin to Orlando, I was able to convince my boss to allow me to extend my visit by one full day so I'm not pressed for time and offering limited flexibility to our clients.

Anyways, I land in Orlando on Tuesday afternoon, and will be swiftly to-from Ocala, about an hour or so northwest of Orlando to meet a client at a project site. I will be staying in Orlando, near the airport (on Orange Blossom, home of several "clubs" :doh:) on Tuesday night.

Wednesday will be a breeze, driving from Orlando to Vero Beach (I usually do the Orlando-Ocala-Vero thing in one day :D). I will be meeting a client for lunch and then visiting the project site... but after that, I'm wide open. :D I'm staying on the ocean (as I always do) in Vero. There's a cool bar right next door to the hotel that serves the best french dip sandwich on the planet. I will most likely stay in the area, but if any local Huddlers want to come up to Vero for a beer, PM me.

Thursday I stumble out of bed, head to my final project to inspect (in Jupiter) and then head to West Palm Beach to fly home to Austin. Won't have time to dilly-dally or meet anyone on Thursday, unfortunately (I know unta is close to Jupiter and we've been meaning to grab lunch or something....).

So... any Space/Treasure Coast Huddlers want a beer on Wednesday night? Or Orlando Huddlers that want to meet up on Tuesday night?

:tup:

P.S. DC area Huddlers, there may be a similarly-themed thread started this time next week. :D

Edited by darin3

Damn it man! I wish you could have come this weekend. I had my every 6th week Friday-Sunday off. :D The week you're coming to the Sunshine State is my 6 day work week. I'm only about an hour and a half from Ocala, 2-2.5 from Orlando. Vero Beach is a little longer but unfortunately I won't be able to meet up with you. Maybe Unt can meet you in Vero with his big green egg.

Damn it man! I wish you could have come this weekend. I had my every 6th week Friday-Sunday off. :D The week you're coming to the Sunshine State is my 6 day work week. I'm only about an hour and a half from Ocala, 2-2.5 from Orlando. Vero Beach is a little longer but unfortunately I won't be able to meet up with you. Maybe Unt can meet you in Vero with his big green egg.

Now you are relegated to stroking your pus.sy.

Edited by Chief Dick

I can't make it to vero this Wednesday but I will make every effort next time you come through. Vero is only a little more than an hour from my home.

If you could ever arrange to be in Jupiter over night, you could visit the unta estate and I provide you with the BGE experience.

I can't make it to vero this Wednesday but I will make every effort next time you come through. Vero is only a little more than an hour from my home.

If you could ever arrange to be in Jupiter over night, you could visit the unta estate and I provide you with the BGE experience.

Trust me, as a lover of all foods grilled, I'm looking forward to this. I could adjust my trip a bit next time. Will letcha know. :D

Trust me, as a lover of all foods grilled, I'm looking forward to this. I could adjust my trip a bit next time. Will letcha know. :D

As it will be in the middle of the week, I think that something grilled will have to do (versus something smoked). I will create a steak that will bring tears to your eyes--provided you eat it medium rare. If you like it well done, I'll give you one of my old shoes to eat.

As it will be in the middle of the week, I think that something grilled will have to do (versus something smoked). I will create a steak that will bring tears to your eyes--provided you eat it medium rare. If you like it well done, I'll give you one of my old shoes to eat.

:D Still mooing, please.

So it's time for my every-6 or 8-week trip to Florida. Because Delta has stopped their non-stop service from Austin to Orlando, I was able to convince my boss to allow me to extend my visit by one full day so I'm not pressed for time and offering limited flexibility to our clients.

Anyways, I land in Orlando on Tuesday afternoon, and will be swiftly to-from Ocala, about an hour or so northwest of Orlando to meet a client at a project site. I will be staying in Orlando, near the airport (on Orange Blossom, home of several "clubs" :doh:) on Tuesday night.

Wednesday will be a breeze, driving from Orlando to Vero Beach (I usually do the Orlando-Ocala-Vero thing in one day :D). I will be meeting a client for lunch and then visiting the project site... but after that, I'm wide open. :D I'm staying on the ocean (as I always do) in Vero. There's a cool bar right next door to the hotel that serves the best french dip sandwich on the planet. I will most likely stay in the area, but if any local Huddlers want to come up to Vero for a beer, PM me.

Thursday I stumble out of bed, head to my final project to inspect (in Jupiter) and then head to West Palm Beach to fly home to Austin. Won't have time to dilly-dally or meet anyone on Thursday, unfortunately (I know unta is close to Jupiter and we've been meaning to grab lunch or something....).

So... any Space/Treasure Coast Huddlers want a beer on Wednesday night? Or Orlando Huddlers that want to meet up on Tuesday night?

:tup:

P.S. DC area Huddlers, there may be a similarly-themed thread started this time next week. :D

I go brack to work on the 30th. Let me know some dates you will be in the area.

holy shiznit what a day...

started off with an early wakeup call and taxi ride to the austin airport... figured out that i forgot my shades at home so had to buy the $10 cheapos at the airport. bleh. got on the plane and it was delayed about a half hour to 45 minutes for a mechanical issue. and no first class upgrade. so they announce that some people with connections will get alternate arrangements handled for them... sure enough, i'm one of those people... i get a backup flight confirmed for me out of atlanta just in case i miss my connecting flight... ends up that i am able to make my original connection... but guess what... THAT flight has mechanical issues and is delayed... and delayed... and delayed... at this point i am beyond pissed and start bangin' on my flight attendant call button... i ask to leave the plane to catch my alternate flight, as i figure that plane was going nowhere ... i rush to make THAT flight... and GUESS F'IN WHAT???? YUP! that flight is delayed due to mechanical issues too... bear in mind, people, the weather is f'in perfect... delta is quickly moving down the list of airlines for me... wow... so i finally get on a damn plane to orlando, pretty much ruling out doing ANY work today (a day that started at 6am)... i make sure that my baggage has been transfered to the right plane... i get to orlando and GUESS WHAT.... YUP... my bag was on my original flight... IDIOTS... so i have to wait an hour for my bag (not like i can go anywhere) and end up just going to my hotel without doing my site inspection.... now i have to do it tomorrow morning (not a hugh deal) and then drive to vero beach...

got to my hotel, relaxed a bit, checked email and caught a cab to a local bar/restaurant... great choice (orlando ale house)... i am pretty trashed... :D

Don't fret. You can come, too.

How bout me? I live in Tampa and go to Orlando about once every other week or so. Ill make a trip over there sometime.

Lemme know next time youre over this way... I work right off of Orange Blossom when Im over that way.

How bout me? I live in Tampa and go to Orlando about once every other week or so. Ill make a trip over there sometime.

Lemme know next time youre over this way... I work right off of Orange Blossom when Im over that way.

You "work" on Orange Blossom? :D After seeing who works there, I now have some questions. :D

I will PM ya in 5 weeks... should be out here in 6 week's time. :tup:

Had a nice time tonight. On fire with the NBA betting. :doh:

A BGE party...let all know the joy.

I love this little slice of Florida. Vero's a sleepy town and is even sleepier with the Dodgers buggin' out during Spring. But there's a cool Holiday Inn which gives free oceanside room upgrades to Priority Club members, regardless of their status (I basically just signed up). Had a few drinks and some chicken strips down in the hotel's bar (which is actually pretty fun) and then walked next door (as per the norm) to a local "dive" restaurant/bar (Bobby's) and had my requisite french dip sandwich. Delicious as usual. Shot the chit with a few locals re: the NBA playoffs and headed back to the room. Gotta get up somewhat early so don't want to get too drunk :D ... now just enjoying the sound of the surf and trying to find TNT on the TV.