[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

irate marine's letter home

dmarc117

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. All I can say to that is I am all for a smaller government (less taxes, more money that I earn in my pocket), and for more personal freedoms. But I do see your point. There's always a mild-conservative, mild-democrat, strong-republican, etc...

I don't think you see my point at all. How can you be remotely happy with the degree to which this current version of republican has protected personal freedoms? Pathetic little cowards like dmarkymark can be happy that they've shredded the constitution to protect him from the boogie man and I suppose they can sell us the notion of taking away personal freedoms for the sake of national safety. OK then, what about one of their biggest talking point of the 2004 election, gay marriage? Is there some link between two guys getting hitched and the terrorists as well.

Forget the taxes in your pocket issue because the only that will actually matter is if they cut spending as well (which they really haven't enough to make up for the lack of tax revenue). Here's an example. If you stopped paying rent/mortgage, you'd have an extra grand or two so in your pocket each month right? Well that would sure be cool. Well, that is until you get kicked out on the street. How is that any different than cutting taxes but spending like crazy. We all get extra spending money but it's not like the money is free. The country is now in massive debt, so we're just going to have to pay back that money and then some over time. How do you equate this with smaller government? It's the same size, it's just spending money it doesn't have rather than collecting taxes.

I don't think you see my point at all. How can you be remotely happy with the degree to which this current version of republican has protected personal freedoms? Pathetic little cowards like dmarkymark can be happy that they've shredded the constitution to protect him from the boogie man and I suppose they can sell us the notion of taking away personal freedoms for the sake of national safety. OK then, what about one of their biggest talking point of the 2004 election, gay marriage? Is there some link between two guys getting hitched and the terrorists as well.

Forget the taxes in your pocket issue because the only that will actually matter is if they cut spending as well (which they really haven't enough to make up for the lack of tax revenue). Here's an example. If you stopped paying rent/mortgage, you'd have an extra grand or two so in your pocket each month right? Well that would sure be cool. Well, that is until you get kicked out on the street. How is that any different than cutting taxes but spending like crazy. We all get extra spending money but it's not like the money is free. The country is now in massive debt, so we're just going to have to pay back that money and then some over time. How do you equate this with smaller government? It's the same size, it's just spending money it doesn't have rather than collecting taxes.

arent you the schmuck that wanted to hang the duke players because of their 'image' on campus.....so much for freedoms!!

:D

:tup:

arent you the schmuck that wanted to hang the duke players because of their 'image' on campus.....so much for freedoms!!

:tup:

I invite you, like I have others to point out one example of me claiming they were guilty or should be found so.

Another lib exposed. Great job Dmarc. Although we know they are fos most of the time. :D

You know, I'll actually take crap from guys like Atomic about my stance on the Duke players (despite the fact that he to, claims that I ever called them guilty) because, unlike pathetic little ...(well, I'd use the female dog analogy but wouldn't want to disgrace my two female dogs with a comparison to you guys) he actually believes in the constitution and doesn't just want to follow it when convenient. You scared little boys are happy to get sodomized by dubya as long as he keeps you safe from scary brown men.

So, you claim that the fact I have little sympathy for a bunch of coddled a-holes that have actually caused monetary damage to one of my restaurants as well as my neighbors as well as have been convicted of felony battery because I was the kid always on the outside who always rode the pine. You're wrong BTW, but neither that, or the promise of some of Rush's drug addled goo has ever stopped you from opening your mouth before.

OK, my turn. Who is ineverknewmydaddy?

Early on, you were one of the bigger kids, so when you were 12-14, you were the bomb. Since you were already like 5'6" 150 in 7th grade, you were the starting pitcher who also hit like .650, Bball center, and quite a force on the pee wee football team. You also let it get to your head. Problem was, that was pretty much it. You hung on to it as long as you could, but by the time you were a senior in HS, everyone had pretty much caught up to you. BMOC in 8th grade turned jug-head idiot who was pretty much only good for a few laughs when he'd smash cans against his head at parties.

Everyone was basically cool to you but you pretty much just had a handful of other dimwitted friends and you guys drove around in trucks a lot. Because it didn't dawn on you until far too late that you wouldn't be a pro ball player one day, you never listened in class. This explains the fact that you are an embarrassment to those technically on the same side of the political fence as you as well as being nothing short of conveniently hilarious to those of us trying to make points about how stupid the right can be.

I grew up with guys like you, I saw it happen. I only wish for their sake that they could have ridden the BMOC status at least until the end of HS. Oh, I don't know, maybe at your HS you actually could pull that off. At mine, you actually had to have some actual game and, while the chess club may not have been getting mad love from the women, neither were the jug heads. None the less, from time to time I run into those guys if I'm back home. One runs a linen truck, one's a trash man, one works for a funeral parlor. I'm guessing none of those guys picked those jobs when they were acting the man at 13. What do you do?

You know, I'll actually take crap from guys like Atomic about my stance on the Duke players (despite the fact that he to, claims that I ever called them guilty) because, unlike pathetic little ...(well, I'd use the female dog analogy but wouldn't want to disgrace my two female dogs with a comparison to you guys) he actually believes in the constitution and doesn't just want to follow it when convenient. You scared little boys are happy to get sodomized by dubya as long as he keeps you safe from scary brown men.

So, you claim that the fact I have little sympathy for a bunch of coddled a-holes that have actually caused monetary damage to one of my restaurants as well as my neighbors as well as have been convicted of felony battery because I was the kid always on the outside who always rode the pine. You're wrong BTW, but neither that, or the promise of some of Rush's drug addled goo has ever stopped you from opening your mouth before.

OK, my turn. Who is ineverknewmydaddy?

Early on, you were one of the bigger kids, so when you were 12-14, you were the bomb. Since you were already like 5'6" 150 in 7th grade, you were the starting pitcher who also hit like .650, Bball center, and quite a force on the pee wee football team. You also let it get to your head. Problem was, that was pretty much it. You hung on to it as long as you could, but by the time you were a senior in HS, everyone had pretty much caught up to you. BMOC in 8th grade turned jug-head idiot who was pretty much only good for a few laughs when he'd smash cans against his head at parties.

Everyone was basically cool to you but you pretty much just had a handful of other dimwitted friends and you guys drove around in trucks a lot. Because it didn't dawn on you until far too late that you wouldn't be a pro ball player one day, you never listened in class. This explains the fact that you are an embarrassment to those technically on the same side of the political fence as you as well as being nothing short of conveniently hilarious to those of us trying to make points about how stupid the right can be.

I grew up with guys like you, I saw it happen. I only wish for their sake that they could have ridden the BMOC status at least until the end of HS. Oh, I don't know, maybe at your HS you actually could pull that off. At mine, you actually had to have some actual game and, while the chess club may not have been getting mad love from the women, neither were the jug heads. None the less, from time to time I run into those guys if I'm back home. One runs a linen truck, one's a trash man, one works for a funeral parlor. I'm guessing none of those guys picked those jobs when they were acting the man at 13. What do you do?

Very funny stuff for a jealous little puke. You are way off. Not even close. Still the BMOC for that matter. That will never change. As for what I do...I am Director of Sales for a tech company here in the Burgh. Been in my business for nearly twenty years. I have a beautiful wife and two great kids. I get to play golf twice a week and live at the end of a cul de sac in one of the greatest areas of the city. I have no debt and life is great. Sorry burger flipper....things are not as you had hoped. Some of the cool guys actually make it as I did. Oh well, the good news for you is as sson as both kids move on to college, the wife and I plan to move to North Carolina. Unfortunately, that is 13 years away. You will be bankrupt by then. See you at the local Hardees....fry cook.

Very funny stuff for a jealous little puke. You are way off. Not even close. Still the BMOC for that matter. That will never change. As for what I do...I am Director of Sales for a tech company here in the Burgh. Been in my business for nearly twenty years. I have a beautiful wife and two great kids. I get to play golf twice a week and live at the end of a cul de sac in one of the greatest areas of the city. I have no debt and life is great. Sorry burger flipper....things are not as you had hoped. Some of the cool guys actually make it as I did. Oh well, the good news for you is as sson as both kids move on to college, the wife and I plan to move to North Carolina. Unfortunately, that is 13 years away. You will be bankrupt by then. See you at the local Hardees....fry cook.

Oh gee, and here I thought I had you nailed. So, you just pretend to be an idiot. I've got it. If you've got it so going on, why do you act like a scared little girl?

Edited by detlef

please please keep moving south... TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... would be good place for yah

...I have little sympathy for a bunch of coddled a-holes that have actually caused monetary damage to one of my restaurants as well as my neighbors as well as have been convicted of felony battery...

i thought you said you never came into any contact whatsoever with the 3 individuals wrongfully charged with rape :D

or do you think it's cool to impute the actions of others on to these guys because the play the same sport?

i thought you said you never came into any contact whatsoever with the 3 individuals wrongfully charged with rape :D

or do you think it's cool to impute the actions of others on to these guys because the play the same sport?

I'll recant a portion of my statement in as much as I have no specific evidence that any of the three charged were the ones that thrashed my restaurant or that of the next door neighbor. That said, Finnerty was convicted of Assault, so the choir boy title at least does not fit one of them.

My point all along, is that this is not the first time someone got railroaded for running with the wrong crowd and that I wasn't going to rush to their defense. If a local gang busted up your shop and your neighbor's shop are you going to be the first in line to tell everyone to be cool if a member of that gang gets accused of something else?

I didn't join the marches against the house, I did not call them guilty. I, like many others in the community who'd had it up to here with their antics, just said, "Surprise, surprise, someone is accusing guys on that team of rape. Why am I not shocked." After all, members of that "gang" did make very over-the-line advances at one of my waitresses. Is that rape? Of course not. Of course, I've never said it was.

I'm only guilty of saying what my father said to me, "If you are always testing what you can get away with, don't be surprised if you get caught in the wrong place at the wrong time and don't go looking for sympathy if someone accuses you of something you didn't do."

Why so many here have taken that as me calling them guilty or wishing they'd hang, I don't know.

Just today there was an article in the Raleigh paper talking about an HBO movie airing soon about a local black guy recently released from prison who actually served 20 years for a similar crime that many were surprised ever made it to court. The evidence was laughable but I'm guessing dude had some flunky public defender rather than a high-priced team of attorneys. I don't know much about the case, maybe he also was not a model citizen so people weren't tripping over themselves to save him. Just going to go out on a limb here, but I'm guessing there are plenty here who aren't going to be calling for the head of the DA who ran him through. Of course, this comparison isn't even close. People want to talk about ruining your life, how's 20 years sound?

My only intention all along when I was being bombarded by people jumping up and down calling for justice and making a point to say, "I know these guys aren't angels" and then also making a point of diminishing the extent to which "they're not angels" was simply remind everyone that this stuff happens all the time. It's just that this time, it happened to some kids from the rich side of the tracks. That guilty or not, if you play with fire, you might get burned. That's really it.

Edited by detlef

i'm not sure a sports team is quite the same as a "gang", which by definition usually refers to a group of people bonded together by criminal enterprise.

in any case, it sounds as though you're in favor of people getting railroaded because they ran with the wrong crowd?

1) I chose "gang" because with the rep that team has earned in the community they might as well be one. I'm sure there are guys on that team who are certainly not down with the majority of crap they pull. Then again, I'm sure there are guys who end up in a gang because their big brother is in it or something but lay low and get out when they can. Honestly, the title was chosen for effect.

2) How many times do I have to say that Nifong was wrong and both he and the accuser should be punished. How many times do I have to say that these guys should not have been found guilty rape if it didn't happen? Christ! Can you read? I don't agree with those who called them rapists. I don't think that anyone should get railroaded for running with the wrong crowd. However, I just thought it odd that everyone decided right here and now was the time to start making a big deal about this sort of thing happening.

i think so. i read a bunch of posts where you attempt to minimize the injustice perpetrated against these guys, and to basically say they had it coming. and i just think that is total bullchit.

A little collage just for you of what you are interpreting as me saying they had it coming:

I, for one, think these kids got screwed. Plain and simple.

If you asked me what I honestly thought, I'd say that they didn't rape her.

Now, there's a mile of difference between being an a-hole thug and being a rapist.

All along, my main point was to point out that the token lip service the author gave to "playing music loud" and "one of them getting in a brawl somewhere" is a gross and convenient underestimation of the continued misconduct that these guys were guilty of.

The bit about one of them "getting in a brawl somewhere" mentioned in the article should have said. "One of them was accused of and did not enter a plea in exchange for 25 hours community service for beating up a gay man in DC". Now, why did the author intentionally downgrade this in his op ed to "got in a brawl somewhere"?

I'm not saying they get what they deserve, I'm simply saying that I'm in no way surprised that eventually they got accused of doing something over-the-top and I'm tired of those constantly diminishing their reputation as you have done in your latest post.

This is perhaps what you are referring to, and I understand how you could think so (at least with regards to the first one). However, my intention was basically to point out what was an inconvenient truth. Keep in mind, both of those statements below were written long before the charges were dropped.

Members of the Duke Lacrosse team have been dancing all over and around the line for quite some time now. It appears that now they've been publicly accused of crossing it. Perhaps wrongly so. Sucks for them. If you play with fire...

I also think they're a bunch of f-ups and there is a lesson to be learned. If you go through life testing the limits of what you can get away with, you're more likely than others to end up on the wrong end of a sh**ty deal.

A final note: I would be happy to quit bringing this up as soon as people quit saying that I called them guilty then not providing any evidence of such once I call them on it.

Edited by detlef