[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

irate marine's letter home

dmarc117

I don't think you see my point at all. How can you be remotely happy with the degree to which this current version of republican has protected personal freedoms? Pathetic little cowards like dmarkymark can be happy that they've shredded the constitution to protect him from the boogie man and I suppose they can sell us the notion of taking away personal freedoms for the sake of national safety. OK then, what about one of their biggest talking point of the 2004 election, gay marriage? Is there some link between two guys getting hitched and the terrorists as well.

Forget the taxes in your pocket issue because the only that will actually matter is if they cut spending as well (which they really haven't enough to make up for the lack of tax revenue). Here's an example. If you stopped paying rent/mortgage, you'd have an extra grand or two so in your pocket each month right? Well that would sure be cool. Well, that is until you get kicked out on the street. How is that any different than cutting taxes but spending like crazy. We all get extra spending money but it's not like the money is free. The country is now in massive debt, so we're just going to have to pay back that money and then some over time. How do you equate this with smaller government? It's the same size, it's just spending money it doesn't have rather than collecting taxes.

It's not that I am really "happy" with how the terrorists have forced us to partially "violate" personal freedoms, but I have no reason to be upset about it. The ONLY way my personal freedoms will be affected is if I were a terrorist. Otherwise, I really don't care who listens in on my phone calls because it really won't make a difference in my life what-so-ever. I have nothing to hide and nothing to fear from our government, it is only those that want to harm our way of life that should fear for their personal freedoms in this country.

I'm not really going to touch on the subject of gay marriage because personally I don't care if other people decide to be gay or not. Nor do I care if they can or cannot get married. In fact, I one of my best friends step-sister is a lesbian, and she's actually really cool too! So if you really want to know, I actually voted to allow gay marriage, but to be honest, I am partially relieved it didn't pass. Not because I am some sort of gay-hater, but because marriage is defined as a legal commitment for a man and a women to live as husband and wife. Maybe the gay community can make up their own name for getting "married", so as to create different guidlines for which the definition of it would be? :D Something along the lines of "consummation", maybe...? But in reality, I just don't care because it's not my problem.

You're right, Republicans tend to spend "more" with less available money because of their tax policies. However, the debt is something the United States has been suffering with for much longer than just the last 6-8 years. Along the same lines, though, this equates to smaller government because the Republicans tend to lean more towards the Private industry and not so much relying on the government for support; Democrats believe the government should not only support our main infrastructure with roads, police security, etc. (as do Republicans), but they take it a step further and demand the government should play a role in alleviating poverty and social injustice, even if that means a larger role for government and progressive taxation to pay for social services.

The government might be literally "the same size" whether a Democrat or Republican is in office, but the main idea here is that the Democrats want the government "to play a larger role" in supporting its citizens. There is a hugh difference there.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that I am really "happy" with how the terrorists have forced us to partially "violate" personal freedoms, but I have no reason to be upset about it. The ONLY way my personal freedoms will be affected is if I were a terrorist. Otherwise, I really don't care who listens in on my phone calls because it really won't make a difference in my life what-so-ever. I have nothing to hide and nothing to fear from our government, it is only those that want to harm our way of life that should fear for their personal freedoms in this country.

Jimmy, would you please educate this child.

I'm not really going to touch on the subject of gay marriage because personally I don't care if other people decide to be gay or not.

"decide" :D:D

You're right, Republicans tend to spend "more" with less available money because of their tax policies. However, the debt is something the United States has been suffering with for much longer than just the last 6-8 years. Along the same lines, though, this equates to smaller government because the Republicans tend to lean more towards the Private industry and not so much relying on the government for support; Democrats believe the government should not only support our main infrastructure with roads, police security, etc. (as do Republicans), but they take it a step further and demand the government should play a role in alleviating poverty and social injustice, even if that means a larger role for government and progressive taxation to pay for social services.

The government might be literally "the same size" whether a Democrat or Republican is in office, but the main idea here is that the Democrats want the government "to play a larger role" in supporting its citizens. There is a hugh difference there.

Right. Thats why Bush and the GOP Congress passed the largest expansion of Medicare in in decades. At least know yer facts before coming to these silly cliched generalized conclusions.

Edited by skins

Very funny stuff for a jealous little puke. You are way off. Not even close. Still the BMOC for that matter. That will never change. As for what I do...I am Director of Sales for a tech company here in the Burgh. Been in my business for nearly twenty years. I have a beautiful wife and two great kids. I get to play golf twice a week and live at the end of a cul de sac in one of the greatest areas of the city. I have no debt and life is great. Sorry burger flipper....things are not as you had hoped. Some of the cool guys actually make it as I did. Oh well, the good news for you is as sson as both kids move on to college, the wife and I plan to move to North Carolina. Unfortunately, that is 13 years away. You will be bankrupt by then. See you at the local Hardees....fry cook.

Yet despite all of that, you still take the time to lie about having relatives fighting in Iraq, zeke.

The US is still the most powerful country in the world, but guys like you are under the delusional notion that this power is endless. That we can simply decide what we want to do and do it without consequence.

I generally avoided these clusterf*cks, but I have to agree with this. We too shall pass.

Yet despite all of that, you still take the time to lie about having relatives fighting in Iraq, zeke.

Ok goof...I did not lie...maybe embellished a little. I have a brother in law that was a retired air force pilot that was called back to service to fly c130s out of Kuwait into Iraq. He is now back in the states. My wife's uncle is a retired army colonel that is still active in the private security sector. He has quite a bit of contacts currently serving and I was repeating the info he was and still is giving me. By the way, I still stand by my position that a majority of servicemen still support this administration. I am sure many do not. However, I believe that the ones that are fervently against this war and administration are a small minority.

Ok goof...I did not lie...maybe embellished a little. I have a brother in law that was a retired air force pilot that was called back to service to fly c130s out of Kuwait into Iraq. He is now back in the states. My wife's uncle is a retired army colonel that is still active in the private security sector. He has quite a bit of contacts currently serving and I was repeating the info he was and still is giving me. By the way, I still stand by my position that a majority of servicemen still support this administration. I am sure many do not. However, I believe that the ones that are fervently against this war and administration are a small minority.

So....your relatives aren't there then? Is that what you're saying? As opposed to "I have relatives there", which was your starting point? And the one that was there was a cargo pilot?

Gotcha.

So....your relatives aren't there then? Is that what you're saying? As opposed to "I have relatives there", which was your starting point? And the one that was there was a cargo pilot?

Gotcha.

Just like your claim that all of the marines in your son's unit felt the same way. Gotcha.

while the chess club may not have been getting mad love from the women, neither were the jug heads.

Now, my son is only 10 and kind of aware of the ladies but he is in the chess club. He's beating kids who are two grades above him. Are you saying he's not going to be getting mad love from the ladies?

Now, my son is only 10 and kind of aware of the ladies but he is in the chess club. He's beating kids who are two grades above him. Are you saying he's not going to be getting mad love from the ladies?

just certain ladies.... not all

Only when the student surpasses his master will he achieve true mad love.

Your perception of the differences between Democrats and Rebpulicans is oversimplified and extremely outdated. If you want 4 more years of George W. Bush then you should be supporting Hillary Clinton.

Somehow this doesn't appear to me as a logical assumption.

Your perception of the differences between Democrats and Rebpulicans is oversimplified and extremely outdated. If you want 4 more years of George W. Bush then you should be supporting Hillary Clinton.

I dunno, with Clinton what you get will depend entirely on which way the polls are leaning that particular day.

Better dig that one out because I think you're lying.....again.

Here you go liar. I dug it up for you. In your own words. Idiot.

You know nothing, you worthless piece of crap. My son is in the Marines, his best buddy is in the Marines, one of their buddies is in the Air Force, yet another two buddies are in the Army. To a man, each of them thinks this administration is made up of idiot cowards. To a man, each of them has told me that many more of their comrades think likewise.

You are a fool, an armchair warrior knowing nothing and spouting worthless trash.

Go to hell.

Why do you love some Republicrats and hate others?

Because some are too extreme (which could also be considered the most pure form of a Republican), while others have a voting record that parallel my personal views more closely. I'm more of a mild-conservative, so there are cases where the extreme-conservative's have slightly different opinions than I do. However, I don't "hate" any of them. I just disagree with some of their policies (such as anti-stem cell research and anti-abortion, and in rare cases I'm sure there are a few Republicans for more strict gun control laws).

Because some are too extreme (which could also be considered the most pure form of a Republican), while others have a voting record that parallel my personal views more closely. I'm more of a mild-conservative, so there are cases where the extreme-conservative's have slightly different opinions than I do. However, I don't "hate" any of them. I just disagree with some of their policies (such as anti-stem cell research and anti-abortion, and in rare cases I'm sure there are a few Republicans for more strict gun control laws).

Explain why you called George W. an extreme right winger yesterday?

Here you go liar. I dug it up for you. In your own words. Idiot.

You know nothing, you worthless piece of crap. My son is in the Marines, his best buddy is in the Marines, one of their buddies is in the Air Force, yet another two buddies are in the Army. To a man, each of them thinks this administration is made up of idiot cowards. To a man, each of them has told me that many more of their comrades think likewise.

You are a fool, an armchair warrior knowing nothing and spouting worthless trash.

Go to hell.

So I didn't say that his entire unit felt the same way? I thought not. Thanks for that.