[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Azazello1313

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You always wanna look at log charts.

Note that most mutual fund marketing packets don't show log charts ... they show linear charts for a reason. Distortion of reality.

It's not a distortion of reality. It's just a different view on it. :D

I wonder if just perhaps 9/11 played any role in that at all... :D

that hit the markets pretty hard, but by far the primary factor was the fact that stocks were ridiculously overvalued in the late 90s. prices HAD to come down, and they started doing so before 9/11 and before bush took office. bush and/or his policies had zero to do with the stock market plunge of 2000-2002, and anyone with half a brain wouldn't really try to argue otherwise -- that chit was coming regardless.

"look at da hole....blame bush....can't you read a graph?" :tup::D

Ever since we were taken off the gold standard, does it really matter? The Gubment will just print more money making the dollar worth half what it was X years ago. That million dollar nest egg you have now will be worth nothing by the time you retire.

And the middle class won't get ahead. I saw an interesting stat on the Today show this morning. They said the difference between the middle class and the rich hasn't been this great since the Depression.

Of course, I'm packing away as much as I can in my 401(k)...I just hope to stay ahead of the curve a little.

And the middle class won't get ahead. I saw an interesting stat on the Today show this morning. They said the difference between the middle class and the rich hasn't been this great since the Depression.

that must be a lie :D

Ever since we were taken off the gold standard, does it really matter? The Gubment will just print more money making the dollar worth half what it was X years ago. That million dollar nest egg you have now will be worth nothing by the time you retire.

Of course, I'm packing away as much as I can in my 401(k)...I just hope to stay ahead of the curve a little.

:D Be very careful putting a ton of money in your 401k... yes you are deferring taxes; blah blah blah, but when you retire there is a high likelyhood that your tax bracket and tax rate will be higher.

I advise clients to put enough money into a 401k to get the maximum company match and put additional monies into Roth's and investments that are liquid just incase they need it! The best thing any family can do is to meet with a good financial planner, estate planner and CPA.

that hit the markets pretty hard, but by far the primary factor was the fact that stocks were ridiculously overvalued in the late 90s. prices HAD to come down, and they started doing so before 9/11 and before bush took office. bush and/or his policies had zero to do with the stock market plunge of 2000-2002, and anyone with half a brain wouldn't really try to argue otherwise -- that chit was coming regardless.

"look at da hole....blame bush....can't you read a graph?" :D:D

Since the Spain quote you are referring to was referring to my post, I suppose I should reply. I mentioned in my thread that we shouldn't just blame the president when the economy tanks. That assumes that policy has way more control on the economy than it does.

I don't blame Bush for the "hole". I think, like you, that the economy was bound to correct, 9-11 obviously didn't help, but that also, America finds a way to rebound. The market always has and was going to again. My issue with what Bush did was do some rash stuff that we're going to have to pay for and I don't think most of it was needed.

:D Be very careful putting a ton of money in your 401k... yes you are deferring taxes; blah blah blah, but when you retire there is a high likelyhood that your tax bracket and tax rate will be higher.

I advise clients to put enough money into a 401k to get the maximum company match and put additional monies into Roth's and investments that are liquid just incase they need it! The best thing any family can do is to meet with a good financial planner, estate planner and CPA.

That is exactly where I've been today. I'm learning a lot already.