[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jim Rome

nuke'em ttg

Does Rome still repeat the same two lines all hour in hopes of being funny or making a point?

Does Rome still repeat the same two lines all hour in hopes of being funny or making a point?

I haven't listened to it in years.

Still the same cast of characters?

Yup.......think he said there were 3 or 4 new ones this year besides previous years winners.....Jay Moore may be callin in too........

:D

:tup:

Troof

The best thing he ever did was call Jim Everett...Chris Everett

Other than that, I find him very annoying

He's been riding that his entire career. Every time you mention what a suck up he ultimately is to his guests, that gets brought up. "How can he be a suck-up? He called Jim Everett Chrissy..."

Jim Rhome is the most annoying f'er in the sports world. How the hell this guy ever got a radio show is beyond me. He can take the simplest crap & drag it on for half his show & it may or may not even be about sports.

He's been riding that his entire career. Every time you mention what a suck up he ultimately is to his guests, that gets brought up. "How can he be a suck-up? He called Jim Everett Chrissy..."

I don't believe this. Yeah that gets discussed but that's 15 years ago?

Yeah he sucks up to his guests to a degree but he is by far the best sports interviewer I've ever heard. Bar none.

He does drag a lame topic on too long but he knows most of his listeners like that crap. I like it sometimes but sometimes I do turn it off.

Last week he said that was a low point he'll always be known for .....and regrets it.......in regards to the Imus deal goin on.....that may end up the same way for the I-man.........

sometimes he sucks up ....sometimes he asks a question that draws out the truth.....

Jim Rhome is the most annoying f'er in the sports world. How the hell this guy ever got a radio show is beyond me. He can take the simplest crap & drag it on for half his show & it may or may not even be about sports.

and you give Irish slack............ :D

Yeah he sucks up to his guests to a degree but he is by far the best sports interviewer I've ever heard. Bar none.

Your joking right? Sure, he gets great interviews but that's because they know he's gonna lob them softballs the whole time. You never know anything more about those guys than you did going in.

"So, you're chasing the single season <<insert feat here>> record. But, when you get out there on the field, you're just worried about getting a "W" for the team, right?"

"There's a bond that only players understand when you guys are going into battle together each week, right?"

Dude, he could ask them what their favorite flavor of ice cream is and you'd get more insight than the crap he serves up.

Saying an obvious statement and ending it with "right?", is not a question.

I don't believe this. Yeah that gets discussed but that's 15 years ago?

He does drag a lame topic on too long but he knows most of his listeners like that crap. I like it sometimes but sometimes I do turn it off.

I wouldn't say he's the best sports interviewer, but he's certainly very good and I know for a fact that athletes like him.

and you give Irish slack............ :D

Your joking right? Sure, he gets great interviews but that's because they know he's gonna lob them softballs the whole time. You never know anything more about those guys than you did going in.

"So, you're chasing the single season <<insert feat here>> record. But, when you get out there on the field, you're just worried about getting a "W" for the team, right?"

"There's a bond that only players understand when you guys are going into battle together each week, right?"

Dude, he could ask them what their favorite flavor of ice cream is and you'd get more insight than the crap he serves up.

Saying an obvious statement and ending it with "right?", is not a question.

So what if he lobs them softballs? Athletes like rapping with him because he keeps it simple (or, rather, keeps it about SPORTS... on-the-field stuff). He's not pining for a promotion. He's not trying to be the one to break some story.

If you don't like him, fine. You don't have to listen to him. There's plenty of options. But posting repeatedly about how badly you despise someone is pretty trite.

I wouldn't say he's the best sports interviewer, but he's certainly very good and I know for a fact that athletes like him.

So what if he lobs them softballs? Athletes like rapping with him because he keeps it simple (or, rather, keeps it about SPORTS... on-the-field stuff). He's not pining for a promotion. He's not trying to be the one to break some story.

If you don't like him, fine. You don't have to listen to him. There's plenty of options. But posting repeatedly about how badly you despise someone is pretty trite.

I didn't bring it up. Someone commented that he repeats himself to no end (which he does) and I agreed. Somebody said he was the best interviewer bar none and I didn't agree. That's what happens here at the huddle. You say something and people often either agree with you or not.