[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty League - Keepers

Our Dynasty League draft is on June 26th and cut down day is early next month - I need to get my roster down to 18 player and can inculde 1def and 1 kicker if I wish - I currently have 13 players I know I am keeping and I have to decided on the final 5 most valuable to my team.

I have the 1.2 pick in the up coming draft which should get me either AP of CJ2 - Our weekly lineup is 1QB,3WR,2RB,1TE,1Kicker and 1Def/Sp

Any advice would be appreciated.

California Gamblers

Harrington, Joey ATL QB - 8 FA

Schaub, Matt HOU QB - 10 FA

Vick, Michael ATL QB - 8 FA

Buckhalter, Correll PHI RB - 5 FA

Bush, Reggie NOS RB - 4 FA

Calhoun, Brian DET RB - 6 FA

Hicks, Maurice SFO RB - 6 FA

Lewis, Jamal CLE RB - 7 FA

Perry, Chris CIN RB - 5 FA

Taylor, Chester MIN RB - 5 FA

Williams, Domanick FA RB - - FA

Williams, Ricky FA RB - - FA

Bryant, Antonio FA WR - - FA

Clayton, Mark BAL WR - 8 FA

Gaffney, Jabar NEP WR - 10 FA

Hagan, Derek MIA WR - 9 FA

Jackson, Darrell SFO WR - 6 FA

Jones, Brandon TEN WR - 4 FA

Lelie, Ashley SFO WR - 6 FA

Marshall, Brandon DEN WR - 6 FA

Mason, Derrick BAL WR - 8 FA

McDonald, Shaun DET WR - 6 FA

Moulds, Eric FA WR - - FA

Smith, Brad NYJ WR - 10 FA

Gonzalez, Tony KCC TE - 8 FA

Watson, Ben NEP TE - 10 FA

Panthers, Carolina CAR Def - 7 FA

27 Total Players

Lelie

Perry

Buckhalter

McDonald

Hicks . what do you have at K and D/S ?

Thank you! My Defense/Sp is Carolina and I will draft a kicker in the last round of our 7 round draft and pickup a second defense in the 3rd round most likely.....

I was thinking

Lelie, Hagan or *ABryant (no one will sign him until his sentence is handed down until after his 5/15 court date)

CPerry,Buckhalter and *Ricky Williams (especially if he ends up in GB, ATL, Ten)

One thing to consider... if the dog fighting story blows up even more (and the rumor is that it's definitely going to) then Harrignton might just end up the starting QB in Atlanta this coming season (or at least for a major portion of it).

Whilte I'm not a fan of Harrington's at all, he has the potential for a large FF opportunity this coming year. I'd make him one of your final five as Vick's backup.

One thing to consider... if the dog fighting story blows up even more (and the rumor is that it's definitely going to) then Harrignton might just end up the starting QB in Atlanta this coming season (or at least for a major portion of it).

Whilte I'm not a fan of Harrington's at all, he has the potential for a large FF opportunity this coming year. I'd make him one of your final five as Vick's backup.

thats not bad thinking ! but if you want to do that wait till the last second to see what hapens with Vick .As for ricky I think that he is a wash he has nothing left in the tank....

I was planning on cutting Harrington and then just re-drafting him since he really doesn't have much value to the other 11 owners

He has a lot more value to them when they realize he may be the starter, and, with your only other option being Schaub that by grabbing him, they force you to make a hard move at QB if things do shake down with Vick. He has definite value over most of the 3rd/4th string RBs/WRs you're considering.

I think I would go Harrington, Perry, Lelie, Buckhalter and then a toss up between McDonald and Ricky Williams.

Okay, here's your list of 5 to pick from minus your selected top 13:

Now let's trim down some obvious non-picks:

Buckhalter has little value with the Eagles adding Hunt in the draft. If they thought Buckhalter was legit, they wouldn't have seen the need to draft hunt. Put Perry in the same situation with CIN. Williams has no team & no interest. Moulds has no team and little to no interest. Bryant has no team & little interest also.

That leaves:

Hard to see Hicks or McDonald getting anything significant considering the teams they are on and the players ahead of them. Ditto Gaffney on that. That leaves:

Harrington becomes a must have handcuff to Vick, especially with Schaub being your only other QB. Hagan is probably worth rostering given MIA's WRs and Ginn showing health issues already. So we'll keep those 2 guys. Brad Smith is probably worth keeping since he's a bit intriguiing and is now projecting to the Jets' #3 WR. So we'll keep those 3 guys:

So you need to pick 2 from:

Lelie is the primary backup for your #1 WR right now. Calhoun is stuck deep on the roster at RB in DET and may be IRed for the coming season given DET's offseason moves. If you have IR spots, that wouldn't be a bad spot to stash him. If you can't IR him, given DET's offseason moves, he looks like a cut. Ricky Williams is intriguing, even though I'll freely admit that I think his NFL career is over.

So, depending upon how you feel about Ricky/Calhoun, I'd say that you're WRs are worse off than your RBs right now. You also have Jackson on your roster, so you'de have the backup for a WR who has had injury issues in the past. Given that, I think if I were you, I'd keep these 5:

and try to IR Calhoun.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Okay, here's your list of 5 to pick from minus your selected top 13:

Now let's trim down some obvious non-picks:

Buckhalter has little value with the Eagles adding Hunt in the draft. If they thought Buckhalter was legit, they wouldn't have seen the need to draft hunt. Put Perry in the same situation with CIN. Williams has no team & no interest. Moulds has no team and little to no interest. Bryant has no team & little interest also.

That leaves:

Hard to see Hicks or McDonald getting anything significant considering the teams they are on and the players ahead of them. Ditto Gaffney on that. That leaves:

Harrington becomes a must have handcuff to Vick, especially with Schaub being your only other QB. Hagan is probably worth rostering given MIA's WRs and Ginn showing health issues already. So we'll keep those 2 guys. Brad Smith is probably worth keeping since he's a bit intriguiing and is now projecting to the Jets' #3 WR. So we'll keep those 3 guys:

So you need to pick 2 from:

Lelie is the primary backup for your #1 WR right now. Calhoun is stuck deep on the roster at RB in DET and may be IRed for the coming season given DET's offseason moves. If you have IR spots, that wouldn't be a bad spot to stash him. If you can't IR him, given DET's offseason moves, he looks like a cut. Ricky Williams is intriguing, even though I'll freely admit that I think his NFL career is over.

So, depending upon how you feel about Ricky/Calhoun, I'd say that you're WRs are worse off than your RBs right now. You also have Jackson on your roster, so you'de have the backup for a WR who has had injury issues in the past. Given that, I think if I were you, I'd keep these 5:

and try to IR Calhoun.

Damn! Thank you very much for your in-depth analysis of my team. I think I will be able to re-draft Brad Smith at some point in our 7 round Draft we have in June for rookies, free agents, Def/Sp and kickers.

I believe A. Bryant could still be in the mix for some team if he isn't in jail - I don't think he can be suspended for additional games since he is already half way done serving his 4 game suspension.

Not much there but I would also go with

I could see keeping Harrington since you have Vick (and swap him with McDonald)