[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A serious topic that I'd like some comments on.

rocknrobn26

Well then we're all just speculating here. Whether the school district has grounds to terminate or reprimand your godson is likely contained in those agreements.

Agree, but possibly not spelled out to match every circumstance. That's why I told my GS to read it throughly, but I think he is putting his faith 100% w/ the union lawyers and the reps, which I think is a mistake. :D "Past Practice" is a typical clause in most bargaining aggreements in ILL..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, but possibly not spelled out to match every circumstance. That's why I told my GS to read it throughly, but I think he is putting his faith 100% w/ the union lawyers and the reps, which I think is a mistake. :D "Past Practice" is a typical clause in most bargaining aggreements in ILL..

If you want an independent opinion, if you can scan the documents and email them to me, I'd be happy to take a look at them.

If you want an independent opinion, if you can scan the documents and email them to me, I'd be happy to take a look at them.

Furd, thanks for the offer. I don't have a current contract and even if I did, it would be 100 or more pages. If I can find something that pertains, I will send it along. Thanks again. :D

Furd, thanks for the offer. I don't have a current contract and even if I did, it would be 100 or more pages. If I can find something that pertains, I will send it along. Thanks again. :D

My pleasure.

Here's the update:

My GS is reporting back to work tomorrow.

He and his mentor have to meet w/ the principal (I'm sure that will be just her flexing her muscle and a major chastising to soothe her ego :D ).

In 14 days the board will render a final decision whatever that might be. :D

I talked w/ my GS a few minutes ago and he seems pretty cool w/ everything. He wants to transfer to a different school inside the dist. asap for next year as there are openings. I told him I agree, but that these principals may be as thick as thieves regardless.

That's it for now. In 2 weeks I'll post an outcome. I hope it will be positive.

Thanks again to you all! Your support, advice and other offerings were superb.

God I love this place and the people that make it so great. Bless you all! :tup:

RR, it seems to me your GS had the best interest of the students at heart. He reached out to the students parents and apparently they okayed the selection. I agree with one of the posters about looking into the banned books in your district. If it is not listed then instead of firing him they should just ban another book. Since it was used before in another class seems to set the president of it being used...and where was the drama teacher the year the book was being read? Nothing is a secret in Junior High...let me tell ya.

Anyway I think he has a case in my opinion. Such a knee-jerk action makes me wonder about the Principal...but instead of firing a good teacher why dont they make a policy that here on out all books students want to read must be cleared by the Principal...problem solved. Let the Principal feel the heat.

BTW wonder what dirt the drama teacher has on the principal??? :D

all books should be band... well except one

I agree, there is no need for anything aside from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas to be taught in our schools.

• 3 weeks later...

Follow up:

My GS got a negative letter in his jacket. :D Supposedly based on the fact that it was not an "approved" book! I call BS!

There is no "approved" book list! :D

It was available at another JRHS library in the district! :tup:

He did NOT assign the book! :doh:

IMHO, the union is taking the wussy way out! :D The unions I was in and was active in never would have allowed this, but it's the "new age" union! That is they'll take a minor battle victory over winning the war! Total BS!!!!!

I talked w/ my GS about it and I didn't force my views, but I think he will be released next year! :clap: We'll see what happens, but as you all can tell I'm not optimistic! :clap:

Damn.............Give me back the days of a union w/ balls! When I was in the IAM we had some great meetings. Shouting down the dissidents and sometimes even physically throwing them out of the meeting hall!!!! :D

Anyway, thanks for the offers some of you gave. My GS is just going to have to live w/ his decision and I pray it won't kick him in the ass.

Ok union haters, have at me.......and before you say anything...................F' YOU!!!!!!

Follow up:

My GS got a negative letter in his jacket. :D Supposedly based on the fact that it was not an "approved" book! I call BS!

There is no "approved" book list! :D

It was available at another JRHS library in the district! :tup:

He did NOT assign the book! :doh:

IMHO, the union is taking the wussy way out! :D The unions I was in and was active in never would have allowed this, but it's the "new age" union! That is they'll take a minor battle victory over winning the war! Total BS!!!!!

I talked w/ my GS about it and I didn't force my views, but I think he will be released next year! :clap: We'll see what happens, but as you all can tell I'm not optimistic! :clap:

Damn.............Give me back the days of a union w/ balls! When I was in the IAM we had some great meetings. Shouting down the dissidents and sometimes even physically throwing them out of the meeting hall!!!! :D

Anyway, thanks for the offers some of you gave. My GS is just going to have to live w/ his decision and I pray it won't kick him in the ass.

Ok union haters, have at me.......and before you say anything...................F' YOU!!!!!!

Sorry about your GS.

But proud of your backbone bro.