[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you agree with this statement?

H8tank

Do you agree with this statement?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with this statement?

• Yes, basic common sense.
    • No, anytime, anyplace.

"I would like to see Roe v. Wade overturned because it's an unconstitutional decision that substituted the views of a few Supreme Court justices for 50 state legislatures. The people in each state need to decide this issue, not a handful of lawyers on the Court. As for my personal view, I oppose partial birth abortion; I support parental notification, I support informed consent, and I support a 24-hour waiting period. And only under these parameters would I, if I were a state official, support a law permitting abortion."

Would you vote for a person who held this view?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubbish...even good kids make mistakes. I would want to know.

So would I. That's why its a parent's job to develop an open, honest relationship with their kid: so they'll discuss these things with you... preferably before they start having sex in the first place. If you need the government's assistance in order to have that kind of discussion with your kid, then its really no surprise that your kid got someone/became pregnant in the first place.

Edited by yo mama

So is it possible for a good parent to have a rebellious child? Damn straight.

Sure, children typically are rebellious. But when the chips are down, they either love and trust you, or they don't. If they do, they'll come to you for help regarless of any law. If they don't, they won't, and parental notification laws won't change that. Those kinds of laws amount to little more than shutting the barn door after the horse got out: they don't stop kids from getting a pregnant.

Edited by yo mama

kill more babies, woo hoo!!

They will die anyway....along w/ the Moms.

I remember tooooo well when abortion was illegal. Babies died as did the moms holding a coat hanger. Banning abortion won't stop abortion, it will just drive it back to the underground. We all know how well making Josh Gordon, cocaine, and other such substances illegal has worked. :D

I also don't believe that men should/can make a decision to be pro-life. Let the women sort it out. It's their body and their life, as most men (fathers) in these situations will never fully support the child anyway. I hope that didn't come off as anti-woman, for it is just the opposite.

This whole topic begets the argument of when is a fetus a human being. I won't go there.

Also it's religion that likes to dictate rules for unwed moms. I won't go there either, except to say that if we as Americans have one great credo, it is separation of church and state. I love God and believe in him as much as anybody, but I will NOT involve him in legal decisions. They are separate, we fought for that right to keep it that way.

:D OVER!

My belief is that abortion is an awful decision to make. But I agree with RR. It's the woman's ultimate decision. It's her body. Do I fully agree with Roe v Wade? No. But I do believe in keeping every right I have and not giving ANY of them up, whether it's the 2nd Amendment or a woman's right to have an abortion.

I hope so. :D

:D You kind of have to, don't you?

BTW, I also believe it is the obligation of the majority to ensure the rights of the minority in a democracy so while I'm pretty big on states rights, I believe states should act to expand, not limit the rights of a person under the constuitution.

I remember tooooo well when abortion was illegal. Babies died as did the moms holding a coat hanger. Banning abortion won't stop abortion, it will just drive it back to the underground. We all know how well making Josh Gordon, cocaine, and other such substances illegal has worked. :D

I also don't believe that men should/can make a decision to be pro-life. Let the women sort it out. It's their body and their life, as most men (fathers) in these situations will never fully support the child anyway. I hope that didn't come off as anti-woman, for it is just the opposite.

This whole topic begets the argument of when is a fetus a human being. I won't go there.

Also it's religion that likes to dictate rules for unwed moms. I won't go there either, except to say that if we as Americans have one great credo, it is separation of church and state. I love God and believe in him as much as anybody, but I will NOT involve him in legal decisions. They are separate, we fought for that right to keep it that way.

:tup::doh:

yo momma is gifted at the internets...

Babies died as did the moms holding a coat hanger. Banning abortion won't stop abortion, it will just drive it back to the underground.

Here, the country of liberty and freedom, the supposed good guys (don't ask bear fatty, to him we're the worst country in the universe)... you pro abortion people always bring up this back alley, coat hanger straw man.

Today, as we speak... another country has a 'back alley' syndrome.... it's china, there, they have back alley births, in an attempt to subjugate the law of one child per family. Isn't that ironic? One country fights for life.... but people like you? What is it you are fighting for?

It's their body and their life

So a woman can walk into a clinic and demand to have her breasts removed and a penis sewn into her vagina all before the sun sets? I don't think so.

Also it's religion that likes to dictate rules for unwed moms.

I don't agree with this either, but I can see it is an easy crutch for someone who has no other means to endorse infanticide.

You know many disorders that require an abortion to save the mom's life? My kid's surgeon doesn't know of any, but hey, I mean its not like he is a pediatric surgeon or anything.

Sure, children typically are rebellious. But when the chips are down, they either love and trust you, or they don't. If they do, they'll come to you for help regarless of any law. If they don't, they won't, and parental notification laws won't change that. Those kinds of laws amount to little more than shutting the barn door after the horse got out: they don't stop kids from getting a pregnant.

:D

just look at all the tax payer money wasted in TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... on " abstinence" education... there teen pregnancy rate in all races has gone up....

You know many disorders that require an abortion to save the mom's life? My kid's surgeon doesn't know of any, but hey, I mean its not like he is a pediatric surgeon or anything.

yup i almost had to make that choice... and it wasnt a disorder it was a complication at birth because the momo docs SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!ed up....

yup i almost had to make that choice... and it wasnt a disorder it was a complication at birth because the momo docs SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS !!!ed up....

What happened? I am trying to educate myself.