[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Credit Card Companies

alexgaddis

3% to a realtor would be fine - the standard rate is 5-7% isn't it?

If people want to pay 5-7% for a realtor, fine by me.

What is not fine by me is when a real-estate agent (basically) says, "The commission on this sale is 6%; 3% of that will go to me as the seller's agent and 3% will go to your buyer's agent. Oh, you aren't using a buyer's agent? Well that means I get to keep all 6%."

Edited by wiegie

What is not fine by me is when a real-estate agent (basically) says, "The commission on this sale is 6%; 3% of that will go to me as the seller's agent and 3% will go to your buyer's agent. Oh, you aren't using a buyer's agent? Well that means I get to keep all 6%."

wrong then u go tell on him or here for that

If he is the listing agent AND he finds a buyer why shouldn't his commission be more :D

what if the buyer just walks in the door at an open house....

Who's having the open house........the listing agent, it's part of the game.

And I think it's pretty rare to get a buyer from an open house.

Not to hijack my own thread here but real estate agents were much more valuable before the age of the internet...but now everyone has access to the MLS to find what they want...my agent on my house purchase was worthless...I found the listing on the computer and told her about it...all she did was get an appointment to go see the house and because it was only on the market 6 days, we paid the asking price...she made thousands of dollars for absolutely no work at all...

...we TRIED to offer less but ended up settling for the asking price as the seller was a crazy bitch who couldn't bear to let go of the house she built 20 years ago...

Not to hijack my own thread here but real estate agents were much more valuable before the age of the internet...but now everyone has access to the MLS to find what they want...my agent on my house purchase was worthless...I found the listing on the computer and told her about it...all she did was get an appointment to go see the house and because it was only on the market 6 days, we paid the asking price...she made thousands of dollars for absolutely no work at all...

bingo--this is pretty much exactly the point I made in the other thread

And that is why the listing agent is getting 3%.

So I can just list houses all day and let other agents bring buyers to me and make the same commission as if I was going out humpin to find the buyers.....It's just like tons of other industries the more you do the more you make, that's the incentive.

IMO...Never use a selling agent as your agent when you're buying a house unless the selling agent is willing to lower the commission they are charging the seller. This will allow you as the buyer to put in a lower offer on a house and the seller of the house to still get more money on the deal than from another buyer who comes in with their own agent and makes a higher offer. (Man that sounds confusing....)

IMO...Never use a selling agent as your agent when you're buying a house unless the selling agent is willing to lower the commission they are charging the seller. This will allow you as the buyer to put in a lower offer on a house and the seller of the house to still get more money on the deal than from another buyer who comes in with their own agent and makes a higher offer. (Man that sounds confusing....)

Did you read any of muck's thread? There are about 4 pages of posts on this very subject, which is how it started up here.

So I can just list houses all day and let other agents bring buyers to me and make the same commission as if I was going out humpin to find the buyers.....It's just like tons of other industries the more you do the more you make, that's the incentive.

You "should" make the same commission on each sale, but you will sell a ton more houses and hence make more money if you bust your butt to sell the homes.

Edited by wiegie

I have a need to transfer several balances, does applying with two seperate company's at the same time hurt the chance with either one individually?

I don't think so, but honestly don't know for sure. What I can tell is this:

- you will be charged a balance transfer fee for each card you are transfering from (i.e., if you are consolidate three cards, you'll be hit with three balances transfer charges even though you're transfering the balances all to one new card);

- I'd call the new credit card company and try to do this over the phone. They should be able to tell you what the aggregate maximum amount you can transfer is (which you won't know if you apply by mail). The reason you do this is to make sure you don't get only part of one or more cards transfered, leaving you with more credit cards than you had to begin with (the new one, plus partial balances remaining on the old ones).

Who's having the open house........the listing agent, it's part of the game.

And I think it's pretty rare to get a buyer from an open house.

thats how i found my first home... second was the intranets. and the land i own was the internets....