[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should we consider Jabbar Gaffney as legit #2?

I was of the thinking he would have a very good season before Moss, and I think he still will have one with Moss on the team as well. Moss will pull some double coverage and Gaffney is good at getting open anyway. So, can we put JG in a line-up.....say 12 team league as the #2??

You have Welker-who I feel is not as good as Gaffney-but they paid him $'s

Then you have Stallworth? I'm trying to gauge Gaffney, as he was Brady's #1 target in the post-season, and I don't sse them just putting him back to WR #4 or #5???

As a NE fan I see him struggling just to make the team.

He's competing with:

Moss, Stallworth, Caldwell, Welker, Kelly Washington, Troy Brown

Maybe more. Chad Jackson may end up on the PUP.

JG is not a good wr. The numbers he put up last year during the playoffs are more of an aberation than anything else. He was a bad pick by the texans and did nothing in houston with every oppertunity to succeed, the eagles were desperate for a solid wr and they let him walk. Moss, Stall, and Welker are all locks to make the roster. Watson is going to get looks. Gaffney is hardly worth a roster spot imo.

I was of the thinking he would have a very good season before Moss, and I think he still will have one with Moss on the team as well. Moss will pull some double coverage and Gaffney is good at getting open anyway. So, can we put JG in a line-up.....say 12 team league as the #2??

Interesting question ... :D Are you related to Gaffney or were you just trying to boost his value momentarily so you can trade him? :D

NE just spreads the ball around too much. Since Brady became QB in NE, the #2 WR there has averaged 49 receptions for 667 yds & 5 TDs. That translates give or take to the 40th best WR in most FF leagues. If Gaffney does indeed end up as the #2 WR - and that's debatable - he's still only probably going to be worthy of a marginal #3/#4 FF WR.

Then add that WRs & TEs in NE are completely unpredictable in their performances from week to week with how NE tries to exploit a weakness & then pounds it every week, and then changes up & attacks a new weakness the next week, and you have a #3/#4 FF WR whose predictable numbers are a total crap shoot. He might score 20 FF points one week followed by three weeks of 4 FF pts or less. Personally if you have enough roster room you might keep him as your 4th/5th WR, but if rosters are tight I can think of a lot of other WRs with bigger upsides laying around the 40th FF WR spot that I'd rather roster.

It's the same reasoning that I really don't like Moss this year given how much excitement he's generated. I think someone is going to pick him in a FF draft well before what I believe his eventual value is going to play out to be.

I am a long time Pats fan going back to the 2-12 teams. Gaffney was awesome in the playoffs. However, right now i have to believe he is no higher than 4th on the list. If Moss/Stallworth/Welker got hurt he might be able to jump to the 3rd WR.

If the Pats had confidence in Gaffney to be a #2 then they would not have brought in four wideouts with more talent. Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Washington.

The Pats will more than likely keep 6 WR.

Moss

Stallworth

Welker

Brown-likely coming back

and the last two being a battle between

Caldwell, Gaffney, Washington

Chad Jackson heads to the PUP list.

Interesting question ... :D Are you related to Gaffney or were you just trying to boost his value momentarily so you can trade him? :tup:

He's probably evaluating his WR's. He has good RB's, but with Carr going to Carolina has 2 Carolina QB's now.

He may want to trade with me to pick up Joey Harrinton. :D