[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Post your funny online poker chats here...

darin3

Man, some of the funniest posts I've ever read here at The Huddle were H8's cut n' pastes of his random chats with foreigners on instant message programs. Well, I've had some doozies on Bodog poker over the past few months. So, anyone else have some funny exchanges while playing online poker?

Here's a good one. I was in BB and I simply checked my option with 52off. There were 2 limpers ahead of me. Flop came 542rainbow. I bet about 75% of the pot, and the first guy doubles my raise. Weak. I had him on an ace, probably A8 or A9. Second guy called. I re-raised all-in (like 25 bucks) and the dude calls. Sure enough, he has A3. Doh. Well, the river was a 2 to fill up my boat. :D And then dude goes off:

STEELWORKER: OMG

darin3: weak raise

darin3: that had draw written all over it

STEELWORKER: stay on 5 2 fish

darin3: big blind you donkey twit

darin3: learn how to play poker

MistriManX: lol

nagel: lol

:D

So, let's see some of your good poker chats. :tup:

PM me if you need me to give you another Bodog loan. :D

Douchebaggery. I'm doing okay.... Had a great run going last weekend.... then dropped nearly $100 in about 10 minutes at a cash game after making about $70 in tournies. I even told myself I was to otired to be playing, but it was a very fishy table. One bad luck hand (my flush running into a rivered boat) and some dump play by me... chasing draws way too long and overplaying top pair medium kicker a couple of times cost me.

So the dude flopped a straight, gets all his money in with the best hand (maybe he played it wrong, maybe he didn't, some might argue that his min raise induced a bad all in by you) - then you suck out on him and take it upon your self to lecture him about his play. And then you're so pleased with yourself that you post it over here?

Meh.

So the dude flopped a straight, gets all his money in with the best hand (maybe he played it wrong, maybe he didn't, some might argue that his min raise induced a bad all in by you) - then you suck out on him and take it upon your self to lecture him about his play. And then you're so pleased with yourself that you post it over here?

Meh.

Yup! Meh.

This is .10/.25 NL we're talking about here. Play for a couple months on Bodog and you'll pull your hair out with the calls some people make.

I only lectured (one frickin' sentence, mind you) after he spazzed out.

Bad all-in? The guy flopped the nut straight and pushed out a weak raise. Had the guy gone all-in or pushed out a raise with some hair on it, I would have folded instantly.

Meh.

Yup! Meh.

This is .10/.25 NL we're talking about here. Play for a couple months on Bodog and you'll pull your hair out with the calls some people make.

I only lectured (one frickin' sentence, mind you) after he spazzed out.

Bad all-in? The guy flopped the nut straight and pushed out a weak raise. Had the guy gone all-in or pushed out a raise with some hair on it, I would have folded instantly.

Meh.

6-3 was actually the nut straight and at those stakes I've seen many online players stick around with that hand preflop.

6-3 was actually the nut straight and at those stakes I've seen many online players stick around with that hand preflop.

Mmm, you're right. Even more reason for the guy to lay down.

The funny part of all this has nothing to do with whether or not I played the hand right. I couldn't care less what EnD or anyone else says. Dude just got all bent because I supposedly "held 52" and in actuality it was just big blind special.

I never criticized the way you played the hand. Perhaps "bad all in" was a poor choice of words, I can't fault you for pushing there but it was certainly a good all-in from his perspective.

But to lecture him about it afterwards is ludicrous - alot of players would make a small raise here or even just call with his hand, take a chance on the 6 coming on the turn in order to maximize his winnings if his hand holds up, which it is very very likely to do. So to criticize his raise here is weak, and to somehow think that this chat was so damn funny as to go post it on another message board is even weaker...all IMO of course.

Meh again.

I never criticized the way you played the hand. Perhaps "bad all in" was a poor choice of words, I can't fault you for pushing there but it was certainly a good all-in from his perspective.

But to lecture him about it afterwards is ludicrous - alot of players would make a small raise here or even just call with his hand, take a chance on the 6 coming on the turn in order to maximize his winnings if his hand holds up, which it is very very likely to do. So to criticize his raise here is weak, and to somehow think that this chat was so damn funny as to go post it on another message board is even weaker...all IMO of course.

Meh again.

You gotta admit, calling him a donkey twit is kind of funny.

Darin: He wanted a call. He was begging for a call. He practically announced that he had the straight by such a lame raise. Why would anyone in his spot want to chase everyone out with an enormous raise like you are suggesting? His hand looked like the best hand at the time, AND IT WAS BY A MILE. You sucked out on him after all the money went in. Look, I dont fault your play of the hand at all. Nor do I fault his play at all. But like you, I do like to harrass folks who get bent out of shape when they get felted though! :D

Darin: He wanted a call. He was begging for a call. He practically announced that he had the straight by such a lame raise. Why would anyone in his spot want to chase everyone out with an enormous raise like you are suggesting? His hand looked like the best hand at the time, AND IT WAS BY A MILE. You sucked out on him after all the money went in. Look, I dont fault your play of the hand at all. Nor do I fault his play at all. But like you, I do like to harrass folks who get bent out of shape when they get felted though! :D

Oh I knew it when he called that I was screwwed. But I've been playing with house (or make that donk) money for months now. I have not reloaded since I don't know when. Not saying I will play loose or with a total cavalier attitude but I've been on a couple hot streaks so I took the chance.

I guess I read it differently. The lame raise, to me, signaled that I had not bet enough (in his mind) and that his draw was better than what I had. I'm not suggesting he should have raised enormously.

And yeah, it wasn't the fact (or opinion) that he or I misplayed the hand that makes this funny. I just found it funny that he had to whine about it (a common occurrence at Bodog) after not realizing my table position. Had I been middle position (or even a non-blind later position) and made the call with 52 off and sucked out, that'd be one thing. But I checked through to find two pair, and felt like the guy was trying to buy the pot with Ax. :D

Oh I knew it when he called that I was screwwed. But I've been playing with house (or make that donk) money for months now. I have not reloaded since I don't know when. Not saying I will play loose or with a total cavalier attitude but I've been on a couple hot streaks so I took the chance.

I guess I read it differently. The lame raise, to me, signaled that I had not bet enough (in his mind) and that his draw was better than what I had. I'm not suggesting he should have raised enormously.

And yeah, it wasn't the fact (or opinion) that he or I misplayed the hand that makes this funny. I just found it funny that he had to whine about it (a common occurrence at Bodog) after not realizing my table position. Had I been middle position (or even a non-blind later position) and made the call with 52 off and sucked out, that'd be one thing. But I checked through to find two pair, and felt like the guy was trying to buy the pot with Ax. :D

He probably thought you were trying to steal the pot, so his min raise there accomplishes a couple things - one, it likely knocks out any 6 that may look for a gutshot, it may knock out any 3 with an open ender, may knock out any flush draw if one was possible, and it likely draws a reraise from a weaker hand on that seemingly innocent board, a hand like A5, or something that may have limped for set value like 99-66.

I don't think anyone is or could fault your play, and no one can fault his play (other than being involved with A3 in the first place, so I guess it depends on his position and how many had limped in ahead of him)

He probably thought you were trying to steal the pot, so his min raise there accomplishes a couple things - one, it likely knocks out any 6 that may look for a gutshot, it may knock out any 3 with an open ender, may knock out any flush draw if one was possible, and it likely draws a reraise from a weaker hand on that seemingly innocent board, a hand like A5, or something that may have limped for set value like 99-66.

I don't think anyone is or could fault your play, and no one can fault his play (other than being involved with A3 in the first place, so I guess it depends on his position and how many had limped in ahead of him)

I seriously doubt this fishy thought I was trying to steal. The guy couldn't even figure out that I was in BB. Moreover, the guy reloaded and proceeded to donk off another $25 in about 10 minutes.

And yeah, he was in early position and called with A3off. One more limper, SB folded and left table.

The two "lol's" came from pretty solid players so I thought my comments were spot on. :D

Again, had I been in any other position than BB, this wouldn't have even happened.

STEELWORKER will be added to my fish list tonight.. right next to darin3

Again, just let me know if you need me to spot you on Bodog. :D

:D

:tup:

Ya know, looking back... this is probably a key example of why I'll never be a "great" poker player. I know I don't suck ( :D ) and I know I'm better than many of my friends and I'll let my "Huddle poker games" speak for themselves... :doh: .... but in retrospect, I should have known he flopped the straight and the raise was bait. But the way I look at it, it's what he gets for playing A3off in early position. Sometimes the poker gods smile upon the "better than average" players. :D