[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

P Manning

How early would draft him in a 12 Team League?

The earlier you draft a QB, the more you risk hurting your depth at other positions. The earliest you SHOULD draft him is always too late because someone will pick him up too early. Personally, I think you should draft the best available RBs and WRs first and then solidify the quarterback position later.

To answer your question directly, I would maybe draft Peyton in the 3rd round, but I'm confident he will be gone in the first or second. Just my opinion.

Good Luck!

:D

Edited by Yannick Noah

How early would draft him in a 12 Team League?

The earlier you draft a QB, the more you risk hurting your depth at other positions. The earliest you SHOULD draft him is always too late because someone will pick him up too early. Personally, I think you should draft the best available RBs and WRs first and then solidify the quarterback position later.

To answer your question directly, I would maybe draft Peyton in the 3rd round, but I'm confident he will be gone in the first or second. Just my opinion.

Good Luck!

:D

I would never draft Manning. For the exact reasons stated above. I don't start thinking about QBs until the mid to late rounds or if Manning fell into the 4th which would never happen.

Edited by irish

I haven't done a boatload of research yet, but I think you want to make sure all the top 2 tiers of RBs are gone - and like Zuko says, the top level of WRs seems to have deepened, so you may be able to hold off on them a bit longer.

Late 2nd sounds OK. Still, I think you could get a comparable value in Brees, Palmer, or Brady a round or 2 later, and there are almost ALWAYS guys who fall who are absolute fantasy bargains (Elvis Grbac was Mr Irrelevant in one of my leagues the year he popped off for 4000+ yds and 28 tds and top 5 status; I'd imagine Brees was available pretty late last year).

Others have anwsered the question pretty well, and the strategy/logic behind those reasons were laid out in extreme detail in your QB Centered league thread.

He will likely go late 1st/early 2nd, and theoretically should go there based purely on his value, but, because of the relatively steady values of QBs and the rapidly decreasing values of RBs and WRs, it is a mistake to do so unless you strike gold with your RB/WR gambles later on.

Drafted Manning 6th overall this year in a 10 team league and won the Superbowl, and it's not with a bunch of chumps either.

Depending on draft position, I would go Manning early to mid 2nd.

Draft theories are like buttholes, everyone has them and we think everyone elses stink.

• 2 weeks later...