[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Faced with a choice between OPEC and America, who does W support?

wiegie

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean that thing that basically everyone on both sides of the political fence engage in? As I said before, nobody wants those things in their backyard. Nobody.

If he'd bothered to look at the link to Jeb Bush and his successful persuasion of Brother George to not allow drilling in Florida waters, he'd know this.

If he'd bothered to look at the link to Jeb Bush and his successful persuasion of Brother George to not allow drilling in Florida waters, he'd know this.

True. But Dmarc doesn't know what to do with facts any more than a sea bass knows what to do with a rubik's cube.

Edited by yo mama

And any man who has no heart and no brains shall call himself dmarc117.

I thought the former was the tinman and the latter was the scarecrow.

Why don't we just print more money so everyone gets richer?

That's what my dad did and they put him in prison. f'n libs!

so why werent the refineries being built for the last 20 years?

Why don't we just print more money so everyone gets richer?

now youre cookin with gas

There was a subtle metaphorical connection between your question and mine.

I've grown tired of pointing out that you are wrong. I want to teach you how to think critically.

If you figure out the similarity... then you will expand your mind to the level of "poseur". I will continue to grow you, and you will eventually learn to make decisions for yourself.

I've grown tired of pointing out that you are wrong. I want to teach you how to think critically.

If you figure out the similarity... then you will expand your mind to the level of "poseur". I will continue to grow you, and you will eventually learn to make decisions for yourself.

can u also teach me how to throw a rockin scrap book party?

And I'd like to take a trip around Alpha Centauri. I figure my chances are better than yours.

You can give a man vinegar and he'll catch flies for a day, but you'll teach him to catch more fish with honey.

your notion that big oil didnt build more refineries so they could charge more is poppycock

Specifically... are you challenging the notion that having less refined gas makes gas cost more, resulting in higher profits?

Or are you challenging the idea that Big Oil isn't operating at the capacity they could by investing a slightly larger portion of their massive profits in refineries?

I mean... it makes pretty good business sense... why spend money on something which will ultimately cost you profits? I totally understand the motivation to do it... but you say that it isn't true. :D

Why do you think they aren't building refineries again? Think it out. Bounce an idea off me, and I'll give it critical analysis.

Edited by AtomicCEO

San Francisco Chronicle? (And and 2+ year old article at that).

Actually, I more concerned about the objectivity of the author. I did a quick look into his research and he seems to be a bit of an ideologue. (For example, I just found this paper which the same guy authored and it is not mainstream economic analysis at all (and, in fact, seems to be a bunch of nonsense).)

Actually, I more concerned about the objectivity of the author. I did a quick look into his research and he seems to be a bit of an ideologue. (For example, I just found this paper which the same guy authored and it is not mainstream economic analysis at all (and, in fact, seems to be a bunch of nonsense).)

Well, yeah. I sort of assumed that as well when the article Dmarc posted failed to cite any sort of facts or authority to substantiate its various opinions.

Specifically... are you challenging the notion that having less refined gas makes gas cost more, resulting in higher profits?

Or are you challenging the idea that Big Oil isn't operating at the capacity they could by investing a slightly larger portion of their massive profits in refineries?

I mean... it makes pretty good business sense... why spend money on something which will ultimately cost you profits? I totally understand the motivation to do it... but you say that it isn't true. :D

Why do you think they aren't building refineries again? Think it out. Bounce an idea off me, and I'll give it critical analysis.

I think they aren't building refineries because they realize that fossil fuel is a finite resource. They also do not want the United States to be dependent on foreign oil. Quietly, behind the scenes, I bet most of their profits go into developing solar energy, biodiesel, and the power of butterfly wings. I am ready for the pebble now.

You know, you may want to re-evaluate your approach. Even the worst dog trainer in the world wouldn't attempt to teach a mutt to make a sammich. You need to take into consideration the cognitive abilities of the animal you are working with.

Edited by cre8tiff

Well, yeah. I sort of assumed that as well when the article Dmarc posted failed to cite any sort of facts or authority to substantiate its various opinions.

and im overwhelmed by the mounds of facts that the libs have provided supporting their argument. show me anything written by a non lefty helping your argument. you can not. all you guys keep crying about is big oil. the big bad oil companies. wah wah wah. show me facts!!!!!!

u can lead horses to water.......now drink!!!!!!!

I've grown tired of pointing out that you are wrong. I want to teach you how to think like a left wing wacko that thinks the sky is falling and that big business is out to kill us all.

i refuse to take the blue pill, but thanks for offering.