[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Add this WR to your Sleepers List?

irish

New York Giants WR Steve Smith has been doing so well in practice that GM Jerry Reese is thinking about Smith possibly starting this season. "He has been catching punts for us in practice and looked pretty good doing it. But we think he can come in and fight for the number three spot right away and battle for the number two if he can grasp the offense quickly enough, which we think he will" Reese said.

Plaxico Burress doesn't think offseason work is important enough to show up for. Amani Toomer has seen better days, and Sinorice Moss has been up and down. There's no reason to think Smith can't come into this WR corps and make some noise.

http://www.giants.com/news/eisen/story.asp?story_id=25606

I've liked him since college. Any chance Eli is accurate enough to get him the ball? :D

Probably not and as a Dallas fan that's fine by me. :D

I guess I'd either say in a redraft ALL rookie WRs are sleepers - or that I tend to stay away from them in any case, unless they fall far.

Generally, a GOOD rookie year for a WR is in the 60-900-6 range, and most do MUCH less. Greg Jennings had a solid rookie year and was 40-600-4 or something.

I don't think he's a true sleeper...

How not? He's a rookie WR, that has a great opporrtunity to see significant playing time and has the skill-set to be very productive. True definition of sleeper an unknown quantity on the pro level about to get an opportunity to produce= Sleeper.

There's really only 2 ways that a guy can't be viewed as a sleeper; 1) he's already too well known and has been good or 2) you really don't expect much from him, whether it be lack of opportunity or skill-set.

Smith doesn't fall into either category.

How not? He's a rookie WR, that has a great opporrtunity to see significant playing time and has the skill-set to be very productive. True definition of sleeper an unknown quantity on the pro level about to get an opportunity to produce= Sleeper.

There's really only 2 ways that a guy can't be viewed as a sleeper; 1) he's already too well known and has been good or 2) you really don't expect much from him, whether it be lack of opportunity or skill-set.

Smith doesn't fall into either category.

I think pirates' thinking was that he's on peoples radar - he played at a major program, was drafted fairly early, and is already being touted.

He probably WILL produce, but he stands a good shot of being the first rookie WR drafted. Depending on where that is in your league, the sleeper tag may or may not fit. I'm guessing it won't.

I think pirates' thinking was that he's on peoples radar - he played at a major program, was drafted fairly early, and is already being touted.

He probably WILL produce, but he stands a good shot of being the first rookie WR drafted. Depending on where that is in your league, the sleeper tag may or may not fit. I'm guessing it won't.

He's definitely not a Colston of even Greg Jennings of last year. James Jones or Johnnie Lee Higgins would be more of a sleeper if they became starters.

Jacoby Jones could be one in Houston.

Maybe under-rated player would be a better label for Smith?

He's definitely not a Colston of even Greg Jennings of last year. James Jones or Johnnie Lee Higgins would be more of a sleeper if they became starters.

Jacoby Jones could be one in Houston.

Maybe under-rated player would be a better label for Smith?

I see what you 2 are sayng. I also believe that alot has to do with the competition in regard to the other owners in your league and how knowledgeable they are. Like most in my local won't even think twice about him and he would be an easy scap up in the last or second to last round in that league. :D

Edited by irish

I see what you 2 are sayng. I also believe that alot has to do with the competition in regard to the other owners in your league and how knowledgeable they are. Like most in my local won't even think twice about him and he would be an easy scap up in the last or second to last round in the that league. :D

OK. We're used to playing in leagues with professionals. :D

OK. We're used to playing in leagues with professionals. :D

I know you are but the question is professional what? :D

:shakesheadandslowlywalksaway:

Oh stop trying to start fires. Anyone else makes a comment like that and Randall or someone else responds with something even more outlandish and sarcastic. I can joke just like anyone else on this board and there's no need to make more of it than that. :D

Most I play with are huddlers and if I tried drafting players late like you mentioned they'd be gone.

Very true I agree. I can't imagine getting anywhere near as lucky with players falling in leagues here as I do in the local I'm in. Then again the local league I'm in is just a bunch of family/friends that aren't the most die-hard fantasy guys, whereas this is a FF site/message board so the difference is to be expected.

I've liked him since college. Any chance Eli is accurate enough to get him the ball? :D

I don't think all of the accuracy problems are Eli's fault. There are plenty of times that Shockey and Plaxico are in the wrong spot or late in their routes. Chavez speaks the troof about rookie WRs.

I don't think all of the accuracy problems are Eli's fault. There are plenty of times that Shockey and Plaxico are in the wrong spot or late in their routes. Chavez speaks the troof about rookie WRs.

What bothers me about Eli is how he seems to bail out and throw off his back foot even when there is perceived pressure. He needs better coaching. Plax and Shockey do give up on routes. That's certainly true.

I think Peyton winning this year affected Eli. Hope if showed him what they all could accomplish if they dedicated themselves to working at a higher level.

And yes few WR's succeed as rookies.