[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Player in the NBA

Tru Playa

Lots of people say lebron but i disagree...Kobe is the best today

:D

IMO neither is the best player in the NBA but I would put Lebron far and away better than kobe.

Tim Duncan

I did not agree before the playoffs(I thought Dirk finally took over)...but I do now.

The Big Fundamental still holds the crown for now, but Lebron is starting to look MJ scary.

As for Kobe, whatever . . . Lebron made it to the finals with a supporting cast not much better if any than Kobe's. Truly great players (i.e. Bird, MJ, Duncan) make the players around them better.

Kobe ?? That's pretty funny ....if catergory is " biggest ball hog who shots 40 x per game , does not make the players around him better , and worried only about his stats and will never win a ring without shaq " , then I agree , Kobe is your man

Lebron on a different level than kobe ...duncan similar to this as well

As for Kobe, whatever . . . Lebron made it to the finals with a supporting cast not much better if any than Kobe's. Truly great players (i.e. Bird, MJ, Duncan) make the players around them better.

huge difference. Kobe is in the West and Lebron is in the East. I'm not a fan of Kobes at all I'm just saying.

Duncan is the best overall and most valuable player, and it really isn't close. The dude just doesn't get the pub because he is a mellow guy who doesn't care about the spotlight.

Kobe is the most talented basketball player.....with Lebron right behind him.

Duncan is the best overall and most valuable player, and it really isn't close. The dude just doesn't get the pub because he is a mellow guy who doesn't care about the spotlight.

Kobe is the most talented basketball player.....with Lebron right behind him.

Define talented ..and I am asking respectfully as I am not being sarcastic

I think lebron has more talent and skill ...certainly a more complete player based on avg assists and rebounds as compared to kobe ..throw in fact lebron gets more out of his supporting cast and gets more out of them than kobe and I think lebron is a much better player and more talented

I do agree duncan is probably the best player in nba now

Define talented ..and I am asking respectfully as I am not being sarcastic

I think lebron has more talent and skill ...certainly a more complete player based on avg assists and rebounds as compared to kobe ..throw in fact lebron gets more out of his supporting cast and gets more out of them than kobe and I think lebron is a much better player and more talented

I do agree duncan is probably the best player in nba now

Yeah- I wasn't clear enough. I would say Kobe/Lebron are about even in talent, both can do things the other cannot. Lebron definitely shares the ball more, but on the other hand Kobe is damn near unstoppable with it, tough call either way. To Kobe's credit, he did try to set up his teammates, help them to make some plays, but they are so inept- I think he finally said eff it.

I just give Kobe the edge right now bc he is in his prime- Lebron has a ways to go still...... BUT wow he is awesome.

Tim Duncan is the easy answer with the focus on the Finals. But...I'd say how about a shout out for Steve Nash? The guy is about the shortest player in the league, elevates all those around him, makes crazy passes, and if needed, will drop 10 in a short span of time to jumpstart his team. :D

Lots of people say lebron but i disagree...Kobe is the best today

Kobe might be the best streetball individual offensive talent -- but his inability to be part of a system traps him in the Iverson mode of waste. When he was willing to play within a system and allow others to shine, he helped Shaq win titles -- he was the LA version of Scottie Pippen, best supporting actor. His ego couldn't stand being overshadowed, however -- as it wasn't about the team for Kobe ... so Shaq gets shipped away to win a championship elsewhere as LA deludes itself into thinking Kobe can do it without the Big Diesel ...

Trade Duncan for Kobe straight up and would SanAn be in the finals? :D No. It would no longer be about the team for the Spurs and the guy he'd be replacing in the lineup doesn't need replacing and there'd be a hugh hole in the front court ...

Trade LeBron for Kobe straight up and would Cle be in the finals? :D No. Kobe would have quit trying and started whining for a trade after falling 0-2 to Detroit ...

Tim Duncan is the easy answer with the focus on the Finals. But...I'd say how about a shout out for Steve Nash? The guy is about the shortest player in the league, elevates all those around him, makes crazy passes, and if needed, will drop 10 in a short span of time to jumpstart his team. :D

I would take Timmy over Nash every time. Defense wins championships, not an electric offense.

Trade Duncan for Kobe straight up and would SanAn be in the finals? :D No. It would no longer be about the team for the Spurs and the guy he'd be replacing in the lineup doesn't need replacing and there'd be a hugh hole in the front court ...

Not really comparing apples to apples.

Trade LeBron for Kobe straight up and would Cle be in the finals? :D No. Kobe would have quit trying and started whining for a trade after falling 0-2 to Detroit ...

A better comparison, and I agree Cleveland would have struggled to make the playoffs let alone the finals. However, the Lakers might have pulled the upset over Phoenix with Lebron anchoring them at both ends. His defense is underated, IMO.

Can I stir the pot a little bit and vote for Kevin Garnett? I think he's the only player besides Duncan who is an annual contender for both MVP and Defensive Player of the Year. And frankly, I'd vote for Garnett over Duncan for DPY. Switch Garnett and Duncan's teams and Duncan would be the one who never does anything in the playoffs.

flame away!

Can I stir the pot a little bit and vote for Kevin Garnett? I think he's the only player besides Duncan who is an annual contender for both MVP and Defensive Player of the Year. And frankly, I'd vote for Garnett over Duncan for DPY. Switch Garnett and Duncan's teams and Duncan would be the one who never does anything in the playoffs.

flame away!

That is a good point and a tough one to argue. I think Timmy elevates his teamates better than KG but is obviously in a better situation. KG probably has the edge on Timmy athletic wise.

Furthermore, one can only imagine how much better KG would be if he had come into the league with Mr. Robinson to ease the transition and had only ever had one coach (and a great one at that).