[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

anybody here know anything about thermostats?

Duchess Jack

THe old ones in houses relied on a mercury tube-much like a mercury thermometer and they do go bad after awhile. The new digital work on a sensor just like the climate control in cars that have that feature. I guess I wouls need to hear your particular problem first.

I believe-red hot and red cold, but while I'm a GC I'm no heat/air man-Hold on I'll nextel my HVAC man. No answer-I called and left a message. One is for the ac(red cold) and the other the heat/furnace(red hot). I'll double check to be sure when I get up with my sub about it.

Does the "auto" setting give you two setting for temp? My is on auto and the ac is set at 75 and the heat right now at 71. This allows you to kep the system on without switching the thermostat to cool in summer and back to heat in the winter. I can also not go "auto" and just do "cool" or "heat", but it's more economic to use the "auto" setting with digitals. This may be all wrong, but I believe I'm on the right track-I'm sure we have a HVAC man as a huddler.

There were two extra wires that weren't in the diagram. I took them both of... and put in the ground as suggested in the former of the two options and it seems to work. Now... because I still have two wires not hooked up... I might have the Rc and Rh, but its working now. :D

thanks for the help brother

Got up with him, he say's there the same wire-use the jumper if it's there-if not wire them together.

hmmm... interesting... once the house cools down, I might play some more.

Thanks for going the extra mile, Dave.

Go Panthers!

Go Panthers!

No problem-just hope I helped...now ya know why when it's not wood related..we sub it out.

Go Panthers!

Not the two extra wires, just the rc and rh, if ya can use the jumper via the diagram-do it, if not, wire them together and clamp at the "red" pole.