[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For those that travel on business or audiophiles

darin3

I read about these headphones in one of the airline mags and since I was in the market for some new headphones, I researched a bit more. I was going to follow the herd and buy the Bose noise-canceling phones but those bad-boys are expensive (read: over-priced). These Audio-Technica's retail for $220ish, but they're available on eBay for about half that. Audio-Technica is a common name in the audiophile world, especially in the recording industry. Boy, they hit a home run with these headphones. :D The clarity, bass and overall smoothness of the sound is ridiculous.

I may never take them off. :D

So yeah, if you travel a lot and are in the market for some good headphones for the plane, these are absolutely spot-on perfect. They fold up neatly and have a nice, durable case. I am rarely blown-away impressed by products, especially audio equipment (I'm an audio snob, I admit it) but these things are very, very impressive.

:tup:

they look great. I went for the smaller Shure E3c

Love em

Shure - another name that's commonplace in the recording industry that not everyone would recognize. I can't use earbuds :D .. they just feel too weird, and my hearing sorta sucks as it is, so I need the over-the-ear kinds of headphones. Fortunately, these A-T's aren't that bulky. I'm still blown away by these bad boys! :D

I work in A/V.

I bought Radio Shack brand.

Wow, I'm sorry. :D

About to jump on my plane to Houston. Gonna catch a few z's whilest listening to these badass 'phones. Then it's on to stormy Orlando for the night. I believe Black Hawk Down will be the DVD of choice on that flight. Hope everyone's having a nice Sunday. :D

Shure - another name that's commonplace in the recording industry that not everyone would recognize. I can't use earbuds :D .. they just feel too weird, and my hearing sorta sucks as it is, so I need the over-the-ear kinds of headphones. Fortunately, these A-T's aren't that bulky. I'm still blown away by these bad boys! :D

Are you a musician or a producer?

The last thing I thought i'd find on the huddle would be a discussion on AT and Shure...

We use both of those companies mics...

The last thing I thought i'd find on the huddle would be a discussion on AT and Shure...

:D He works in the land development field.

Well, musician I guess. I've played piano for years and tried to learn guitar but it just wasn't happening. I was in a band in HS and college... sang, played keyboards/percussion and wrote most of lyrics to the songs. I think we had Shure mics. Really love these headphones, though. :D

Well, musician I guess. I've played piano for years and tried to learn guitar but it just wasn't happening. I was in a band in HS and college... sang, played keyboards/percussion and wrote most of lyrics to the songs. I think we had Shure mics. Really love these headphones, though. :D

I don't think it gets any better than Shure mic's.

I'll have to take a look at our producer's headphones in a few months when we're recording... He spent a few hundred bucks on each set... Insane...

Then again, he has a giant mixing board that had a limited production run of 8 in the entire world... Three of them are in the U.S. Two of the three are in the great state of Texas. :D

Shure - another name that's commonplace in the recording industry that not everyone would recognize. I can't use earbuds :D .. they just feel too weird, and my hearing sorta sucks as it is, so I need the over-the-ear kinds of headphones. Fortunately, these A-T's aren't that bulky. I'm still blown away by these bad boys! :tup:

I love my Shures, but I may pick these bad boys up for the office.

That way it is obvious that I am not listening to my co-workers :D

Shure SM 58's for vocals SM 57's for mic'ing amps and their bullet for harmonicas. They've been the standard for years.