[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Traditional classics.

skylive5

Can't remember if I ever asked this before..... I know I was planning to.

Who all here has an opinion (like every Huddler doesn't have an opinion :oldrolleyes: ) on what they consider a traditional classic?

My list has these to start off with:

Ray Charles - America the Beautiful

Hendrix - Star Spangled Banner

Herbie Mann - Battle Hymn of the Republic

Edited by skylive5

Marvin Gaye's rendition from the 198(3?) NBA All-Star game is quite awesome.

As was Jose Feliciano's rendition at a Super Bowl....but IMHO Hendrix's is an absolute classic while theirs were just great renditions.

I see sky that yours are exclusively patriotic in nature... was that conscious on your part? Couple just off the top of my head (obviously a different generation :D)...

CCR - Long as I Can See the Light (reminds me of both God and my wife)

Stevie Wonder - You Are the Sunshine of my Life (reminds me of my son)

I see sky that yours are exclusively patriotic in nature... was that conscious on your part? Couple just off the top of my head (obviously a different generation :D)...

CCR - Long as I Can See the Light (reminds me of both God and my wife)

Stevie Wonder - You Are the Sunshine of my Life (reminds me of my son)

Just talking about "Traditional" songs. There are all kinds of "classics" out there by any number of people. Layla by Clapton being one of that type. But not talking your run of the mill classics. LOL

I think that Amazing Grace by The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards is another classic of a traditional song.

I think that Amazing Grace by The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards is another classic of a traditional song.

Link?

...I love the traditional church hymn version of the 4th movement of Beethoven's 9th Symphony (a.k.a.: Ode to Joy)...

Just talking about "Traditional" songs. There are all kinds of "classics" out there by any number of people. Layla by Clapton being one of that type. But not talking your run of the mill classics. LOL

I was thinking of that one, but a very special arrangement done by the Blind Boys of Alabama. It's sung to the music of House of the Rising Sun. Very special.

Not a big fan of Hendrix's National Anthem after it was use by North Vietnam's radio for American armed forces to hear in South Vietnam. I appreciate the music but it was used as a slap in America's face at the time.

Oh ok... I'm following you now. :D