[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free to a good home

Kid Cid

Ok, so last week I had a running battle with the air conditioner guy. I'm not going to go into the details other than to say never do business with that cesspool of mutant fektards known as ARS. One piece of collateral damage in this whole drama was my subwoofer. It is a Definitive Technology PF 15 that's about 4 years old. I've been thinking of ugrading my main speakers to some Def Tech BP7002s with the built in subs so this seemed like the perfect excuse.

So here's the deal. You probably don't want to pay to ship this monster anywhere (at least 50 lbs but I do still have the original packaging) but if you want the sub, it's yours. It cost $750 new, I figure that $150-$200 in repairs gets you a really nice sub. You come pick it up, or I will ship if you want to pay it.

right up the interstate from me....but unfortunately i was on the phone with VERIZON so I missed this thread :D

I've heard really good things about Verizon. How are they working out for you? :D

• 1 month later...
I must have gotten the wrong box... this thing is as big as a washing machine. :usnure:

What are the Def Tech BP7002s gonna run you? They look nice.

They list at 1099 each. They are carried by a local store around here as well as Magnolia in Best Buy. I was able to get the local store to do them for 899 each.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear my new best friend, Kid Cid:

I want to share with you the love I have for you, I will hold the image of you close to my bossom from this day forward. I received the sub in it huge box, and marveled at it's lovely shape... I called my technology repair center... expecting to pay a few hundred bucks to get it repaired... they said they cannot, they cannot get schematics or parts for this rare little sub... so I was distraut... I called my local high end audio/video store... they referred me to a speaker repair shop. He told me based on what it was doing... the amp was shot... he suggested I contact the manufacturer, which I did. My dear newest friend there named chet suggested I send the amp in, so I took the sub apart, removed the amp and circuit boards, and sent it along with return shipment papers.

It returned to me today... completely rebuilt... free of charge. :D

So my new love, will you be meh baby daddy? Get to vegas, I owe you a dozen beers and a steak, tube steak or bovine, whichever you prefer. :D

Dunno, I have to put it back together, going to Quakecon today, won't have time to mess with it til next week, I am sure it does, they sent me a completely refurbed amp, even replaced the broken knobs. :D

My next speakers will DEF be definitive techs!

kids will do that

Yup. Good thing I got what I wanted when I could.

Flat panel. Check

Nice receiver. Check

Nice front speakers. Check

Nice rear speakers. Checkish

Nice center speaker. :D

Mrs. Egret said she doesn't want me to have a sub. She claimed that she likes her sleep. I told her it's overrated.

Dunno, I have to put it back together, going to Quakecon today, won't have time to mess with it til next week, I am sure it does, they sent me a completely refurbed amp, even replaced the broken knobs. :D

My next speakers will DEF be definitive techs!

Def Tech has one of the best customer service reps going. I would heartily suggest not having anything that isn't nailed down within 6 feet of that thing when you fire it up. It has a 15" speaker and moves a ton of air. My wife tried to put knick knacks on top of it when we first got it. It took less than 30 seconds for them to shattered into several small pieces.

Oh and H8, I will be happy to knock you up.