[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sports video game players, help

Goopster24

So my best friend and I are playing MLB 2K7. For anyone who has played it, it has a new swing system where you have to step and then hit the ball by pulling the right joystick back, then letting go to hit. Pretty complicated and takes some getting use to. Added to that, it's hard enough to judge balls and strikes because it is a video game.

So here comes my problem. My friend only throws balls. He throws them because he says I swing at everything and it is easy strikeouts. When I pitch, I use all of the strike zone and the rest of the plate and won't get a strikeout just by throwing way outside of the zone. I started laying off the balls but when it was a full count sometimes or two strikes, he would throw a ball way off the plate and strike me out.

Is it bush league to throw balls way off the plate every single time? I dunno, I think it is, am I wrong thinking that? It totally takes away from the fun of the game and my friend is just saying "he does what it takes to win."

Edited by Goopster24

Do I think it is bush league? No. Would I do it? No. You do have the option of letting him throw balls and take the pitches and get walked. It wouldn't be much fun but it could be effective.

ahh ya gotta love the competitive spirit in the young gamer...........damn u kids are soft these days.

Are you effing kidding me? yer complaining because he throws you balls off the plate, yet you still swing at them...... :D figure it out my man. Have some patience at the dish, and he will have to throw you strikes. Get an eye at the plate, and let him walk yer ass- guarantee he will throw srikes.

He has to be laughing his ass off at you swinging and missing at balls way outside the strikezone. Pretty good strategy

Edited by wildcat2334

I had a friend that used to use a bottle cap on the track and field game in the old sega..When you did hurdles you would need to hit a b a b a b while jumping in between..He used a bottle cap and would just scrape it side to side over the AB..It made his guy go about 10 times faster then ours. We cried foreign object..He cried no foul..We almost came to blows

edit to add: I agree dont swing and he will have to come to you..My guess is that you have tried not to swing and you are leaving yourself open to him sneaking in some fastball strikes because you are being too cautious when you try to be patient

Edited by whomper

I had a friend that used to use a bottle cap on the track and field game in the old sega..When you did hurdles you would need to hit a b a b a b while jumping in between..He used a bottle cap and would just scrape it side to side over the AB..It made his guy go about 10 times faster then ours. We cried foreign object..He cried no foul..We almost came to blows

:D in "track and field" on the original nintendo, i used one of these. just turn on the "turbo" button and hold down A and B. car lewis didn't have sh!t on me.

edit to add: I agree dont swing and he will have to come to you..My guess is that you have tried not to swing and you are leaving yourself open to him sneaking in some fastball strikes because you are being too cautious when you try to be patient

sega hockey....possibly the best game there was.

sega hockey....possibly the best game there was.

Without a doubt in my opinion you are 100 correct..We would have marathon 7 game series..Checkin people through the glass..Scoring on the face off by hitting the B button..Good times..