[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bank of America SUCKS

Dr. Rock

I have closed accounts at banks for far less offenses. It is my money, not theirs.

Zac'ly. I must have gone through 4 ripoff banks before I found one that actually wanted my business. Many of them are fee factories who pray on people too lazy to do anything about it.

Compass is the worst. Those guys had the shadiest practices to generate fees. My direct deposits would take the maximum time allowed by law to actually be deposited, often after a holiday weekend. Withdrawls were all processed in the morning before deposits regardless of the time of day they occurred. And, debits would always process in the order of largest to smallest, so that if you did overdraw your account (probably because your paycheck hadn't hit when it was supposed to), the $500 check would bring your balance into the negative first, and then 5 $10 transactions to rack up $150 more in overdraft charges. Fun.

Zac'ly. I must have gone through 4 ripoff banks before I found one that actually wanted my business. Many of them are fee factories who pray on people too lazy to do anything about it.

Compass is the worst. Those guys had the shadiest practices to generate fees. My direct deposits would take the maximum time allowed by law to actually be deposited, often after a holiday weekend. Withdrawls were all processed in the morning before deposits regardless of the time of day they occurred. And, debits would always process in the order of largest to smallest, so that if you did overdraw your account (probably because your paycheck hadn't hit when it was supposed to), the $500 check would bring your balance into the negative first, and then 5 $10 transactions to rack up $150 more in overdraft charges. Fun.

Huh. I've heard great things about Compass here in Texas. Not that it's a hugh deal, but they do not charge you to use non-Compass ATMs and even reimburse you when other banks charge you for using their ATMs. I'm not really in the market to change banks, but Compass was on the short list for sure. I'll have to do some more research, apparently.

Huh. I've heard great things about Compass here in Texas. Not that it's a hugh deal, but they do not charge you to use non-Compass ATMs and even reimburse you when other banks charge you for using their ATMs. I'm not really in the market to change banks, but Compass was on the short list for sure. I'll have to do some more research, apparently.

That is true with the ATM fees. Just so you know... you must bring the ATM receipts to the bank teller to get reimbursed for other banks fee. Maybe 3% of their customers bother to actually do that. It sounds good though.

I'm not kidding about their other stuff though. If I had more than a paycheck's worth of cash in my bank account at all times, it probably wouldn't matter, but when I go to pay my bills on the 3rd, and my check still hasn't cleared, I had to watch out.

Not dissimilar to the ol' credit card company trick of letting your check lie about on the desk for a week, then processing it too late. I closed a CC account for that.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Not dissimilar to the ol' credit card company trick of letting your check lie about on the desk for a week, then processing it too late. I closed a CC account for that.

Oh yeah... I had that experience too, I can't remember what bank. They told me my check was late even though I had mailed it over a week before the deadline. Really? REALLY?? How slow is the post office where you are? My 1 oz mail gets from CT to LA in 3-4 days.

GB On-line bill payments with a digital record.

I have had nothing but success working with the BoA folks. Of course, I've had to stop checks 3 times in the last year and each time I went in to my local branch (about a mile and a half from where I live) and they didn't charge me. When you are sitting there face to face with a person and give them your side of things in a very nice, chatty, smiley way...it beats that non-personal crap on the phone.

And Rock...I think that apt. person was a real tool for depositing your check...you hadn't even signed the lease. In my experience, they'll hold it, but not cash it.

I have also never run in to the odd things you guys are whining about online. It is pretty straightforward. Then again, I don't have millions to jockey around between all of my homes, cars, credit cards, etc. :D

• 2 months later...