[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thoughts on this trade

This is a dynasty league in its 2nd year...

Here are my current WRs:

Curry, Ronald OAK WR

Gabriel, Doug OAK WR

Kennison, Eddie KCC WR

Owens, Terrell DAL WR

Rogers, Charles FA WR

Taylor, Travis OAK WR

Vick, Marcus FA WR

Walker, Javon DEN WR

Wilson, Cedrick PIT WR

I have been offered this:

I give - Walker, the 2.06 rookie pick, and the 3.02 rookie pick

I get - Deion Branch, Mark Clayton

standard scoring with PPR.

Thoughts?

Edited by peepinmofo

Usually I wouldn't go for something like this, but seeing your lack of depth - Owens, Walker, and then a total crap shoot with 3 OAK WRs no less - I think in your position I'd make that move. Branch is going to get his share, albeit not great, and Clayton is ascending. Neither will getn to Walker's level, but both combined are probably better than Walker and any of your other WRs as a #2/#3 WR tandem unless Curry really breaks out, and he's limited by the OAK O-line and QBs.

I'd do that trade.

I personally wouldn't do it. I look for Walker to have a pretty big year; and even though your current WR's look a mess, I wouldn't give up all that for a Branch and Clayton. Both are not close to Walkers upside and giving up those picks will hurt you in the long run.

I personally wouldn't do it. I look for Walker to have a pretty big year; and even though your current WR's look a mess, I wouldn't give up all that for a Branch and Clayton. Both are not close to Walkers upside and giving up those picks will hurt you in the long run.

+1...Personally, I get nothing out of Branch and Clayton in return for giving up the best player in the trade and two fairly high rookie picks.

+1...Personally, I get nothing out of Branch and Clayton in return for giving up the best player in the trade and two fairly high rookie picks.

I agree and wouldn't make that trade. I could easily see Curry outperforming Branch and maybe even Clayton.

Clayton is becoming a very good receiver. He is one that is being way undervalued this year. Perhaps not as good as Walker, but not as far off as people think. I expect Branch to have a nice season this year. He will be the #1 option and will have a much better understanding of the offense after a full year of training camp under his belt. I think I make this trade and look for Curry to have a decent season this year as well.

Kind of an important question here....let's say you keep Walker. What kind of talent can you expect from the rookie pool? Do you have a shot at any of the top 2-3 rookie WRs?

Because if you do, I'd retract my previous advice and gamble on one of them - hoping Curry (not holding my breath personally) or say Gonzalez can perform at #3 WR levels.

This is a dynasty league in its 2nd year...

Here are my current WRs:

Curry, Ronald OAK WR

Gabriel, Doug OAK WR

Kennison, Eddie KCC WR

Owens, Terrell DAL WR

Rogers, Charles FA WR

Taylor, Travis OAK WR

Vick, Marcus FA WR

Walker, Javon DEN WR

Wilson, Cedrick PIT WR

I have been offered this:

I give - Walker, the 2.06 rookie pick, and the 3.02 rookie pick

I get - Deion Branch, Mark Clayton

standard scoring with PPR.

Thoughts?

What I would probably do is package one or two of your WR's not named T.O. or Walker and your #2 rookie pick and squeeze your way up to one of the top few picks to pick up Calvin Johnson. He would solidify that WR core and be the 3rd WR stud you need.

Croc

So now the deal is Walker for Clayton/Branch/and a 4th round rookie pick.

How does that sound? Its tempting, but I still like Walker better and dont know that I am getting better by doing it.

Fire away, what are you waiting for?

So now the deal is Walker for Clayton/Branch/and a 4th round rookie pick.

How does that sound? Its tempting, but I still like Walker better and dont know that I am getting better by doing it.

I think that is your answer