[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Virginia Beach Golf, does anyone know...

Skippy

This will be my fourth trip down there and each year my boy and I play at least five rounds of golf. This year will not change. I need a few suggestions for some courses.

We have played;

Honey Bee :D

Hells Point :tup:

Cahoon Plantation :doh::D

Heron Ridge :D and 1/2

Stumpy Lake :D

Of those that I just mentioned Honey Bee, and Cahoon Plantation are the only two that we are making sure that we play this year. We would like some other suggestions on other courses in the area and if you know anything about any of these let me know:

Eaglewood Golf Course

The Signature At Westneck (Pricey but is it worth it?)

Chesapeake Golf Club

Cypress Point Country Club

Riverfront Golf Club

This will be my fourth trip down there and each year my boy and I play at least five rounds of golf. This year will not change. I need a few suggestions for some courses.

We have played;

Honey Bee :D

Hells Point :tup:

Cahoon Plantation :doh::D

Heron Ridge :D and 1/2

Stumpy Lake :D

Of those that I just mentioned Honey Bee, and Cahoon Plantation are the only two that we are making sure that we play this year. We would like some other suggestions on other courses in the area and if you know anything about any of these let me know:

Eaglewood Golf Course

The Signature At Westneck (Pricey but is it worth it?)

Chesapeake Golf Club

Cypress Point Country Club

Riverfront Golf Club

I have played Riverfront and it is pretty nice. Good layout, very friendly staff. It can get a little swampy after a big rain, so check the weather before you book.

Also, if you can get on the bases, the Navy base (Norfolk) and Air Force base (Langley) have decent courses for very, very cheap. Ocean View is also quite cheap and an easy course to play. They have made it a lot nicer recently, and you can also score some crack and hookers while you're there!

Hookers, crack, and golf. What's not to love? :D

I guess you need someone that is current of ex-military to get you out on those base courses. We golfed with two guys a few years ago that were going to get us out on the Navy base but we didn't go.

I've played both Hell's Point and Honey Bee. I thought Hell's Point was a very solid course.

Very solid but full of mosquitos if you get anywhere near the water. I was told that the place was actually below sea level so it is pretty easy to get near the water. Having said that, it is a great course but we will likely pass on a repeat.

Hookers, crack, and golf. What's not to love? :D

I guess you need someone that is current of ex-military to get you out on those base courses. We golfed with two guys a few years ago that were going to get us out on the Navy base but we didn't go.

You can also be regular gob'ment. I can get on all the bases with my badge easier than I can get into work.

you really should drive an hour up to willimsburg and play KINGS MILL the women have an LPGA event there annually and the men USED to have a PGA event there....also there is Golden Horseshoe which just hosted the NCAA tourney or whatever its called

you really should drive an hour up to willimsburg and play KINGS MILL the women have an LPGA event there annually and the men USED to have a PGA event there....also there is Golden Horseshoe which just hosted the NCAA tourney or whatever its called

I pay for me and my boy to play and while I am sure that Kings Mill would be a great day, at 175 for the river course and 115 for the plantation course I just don't want to pay it. Maybe if I had a two for one coupon or something. :D

I pay for me and my boy to play and while I am sure that Kings Mill would be a great day, at 175 for the river course and 115 for the plantation course I just don't want to pay it. Maybe if I had a two for one coupon or something. :D

yeah it is a bit pricey....is it just the 2 of you? if not and you have a 4some i think there is a coupon in the local paper for Golden Horse that is pretty good...

fwiw I still have a gift certificate to KM that my wife bought me over a yr ago...i just havent had the time to get out and i dont want to waste it on my 1st or 2nd trip out for the year....maybe next spring i will finally get to use it :D

Most likely just the two of us. If not the two of us then there will be three of us but that depends on if my brothers knee is ready or not. He is having some work done on it next Tuesday so it will be close.

Ocean View is also quite cheap and an easy course to play. They have made it a lot nicer recently, and you can also score some crack and hookers while you're there!

Not as easy as it you to be. The area has been cleaned up quite a bit. Still have some work to do in the area but it is much nicer than it use to be.

Not as easy as it you to be. The area has been cleaned up quite a bit. Still have some work to do in the area but it is much nicer than it use to be.

I lived on Willoughby Spit until a year ago. It was a sad day when they took away my neighbor for being a pimp :D

My corporate office is in Chesapeake so I get there 4-5 times/yr.

I've played Cahoon Plantation (kinda pricey if ya ask me) and Chesapeake Golf Club. Chesapeake isn't the course Cahoon is, but it's inexpensive. Not a course I'd base my day around, but a decent course for that 2nd rd. of the day, or maybe the first to get you tuned up if that's the way you play. Myself - when I play 36, I usually like to play the better course first as I'm generally buzzed quite nicely the second 18 and don't play nearly as well.

I lived on Willoughby Spit until a year ago. It was a sad day when they took away my neighbor for being a pimp :D

I work out in Ocean View a lot during the week. I work for the NRHA. I hope you are not one of the people that hate us. :tup: There have been many changes over the last 10 years out there. I saw many a houses and businesses get torn down. Where do you live now? We could have gotten together for lunch on day. :D

I work out in Ocean View a lot during the week. I work for the NRHA. I hope you are not one of the people that hate us. :tup: There have been many changes over the last 10 years out there. I saw many a houses and businesses get torn down. Where do you live now? We could have gotten together for lunch on day. :D

I live in Houston now :beat big john to it: :doh:

The NRHA was more of an annoyance on Willoughby. When I lived in EOV across from the Tiny Giant, about 10 yrs ago, you did not go out at night. It was good that the neighborhood was getting cleaned up, but while living there the clean-up did not seem to be a logical progression. You had the $1M houses going in while there where murders and rapes going on one block over. :D It would have been nicer to clean the area up before putting in houses for the rich folk.

The biggest issue I had with the NRHA was that OV is a blue-collar community and with housing prices there now I don't know how people can afford it. I will say this though, when we sold our house last year we made a pretty penny.

Nansemond River Golf Course - Suffolk, VA. Just west of Va. Beach. Big Course laid out on the Nansemond RIver. Affordable and friendly staff.
Nansemond River Golf Club is the region's premier waterfront golf course.

Situated on the Nansemond River, the Club offers more than 3 miles of riverfront and fourteen holes on water, including a natural island green.

Did I mention that I am pretty sure that my balls are highly attracted to water? For real, sounds like a nice course but do you have any real idea time wise how far from the beach it is?