[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cuttin Tree Limbs

nuke'em ttg

sealing cut limbs isn't done anymore....seems it causes more damage than good increasing rot, bug infestation ,etc ...Just cut the limb and let nature do the rest

:D

tis best to cut in winter, late fall or early spring

I hope my neighbor does not read this but I wish I knew of a way to kill a tree. They are letting a locust tree grow that is already hanging over my pool and back porch. There is no talking to these goofballs either. :D

I hope my neighbor does not read this but I wish I knew of a way to kill a tree. They are letting a locust tree grow that is already hanging over my pool and back porch. There is no talking to these goofballs either. :D

2 out of the 8 i did were Locust............great shade........but those branches really do stretch out there......if it's any consolation even though the limbs were green they burned up really fast..........fire up the grill......... :D

Well, my friend once had a similar problem with a tree in his outlawn that was in the way of a bigger driveway approach that he wanted. My friend then dug a bit below the surface soil right by the base of the tree, got the widest and longest spade bit he could find, and drilled a deep and wide hole in the tree just below the dirt line. He then filled the hole in the tree with a solution of copper sulfate a couple of times over the next few days.

Beware, though! This works quickly. If you do it right now, you'll have autumn in July. Those leaves will fall right off. Also beware not to spill copper sulfate on the grass or let it overflow out of the hole in the tree. That stuff will kill the heck out of the grass and arouse suspicion.

Give it a whirl. It worked like a champ for me.. um... I mean him :D

Skippy , leave my tree alone ...we have been neighbors a long time and I expect better from you ..and we are not goofballs

P.S. We never complain when you sunbathe naked covered only in crisco

Lol

Edited by isleseeya

If its hanging over your property can't you just cut it? I remember this being brought up previously on whos responsible for cutting branches hanging over property lines.

Edit: heres the link.

Edited by Def.

Skippy , leave my tree alone ...we have been neighbors a long time and I expect better from you ..and we are not goofballs

Lol

So it wasn't you guys that called the police and also took my picture just to post on the web?

Lol

:D You live in different states.

I'm told a copper nail or two will kill a tree. Haven't tried it personally, but that's what I've heard anyway.