[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do you think?

H8tank

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ahkmed be able to sue you if you tell someone at the airport you saw him kneeling towards mecha, rumaging in a backpack while chanting allah akbar, allah akbar!

• Yes, he should sue your ass, take your home and life savings and marry all your daughters!
    • NO, don't be stupid, due diligence will help thwart the next terrorist attack.

This is what I thought as well...but I'm a renter so what the he11 do I know anyways.

Nothing a good umbrella policy can't fix.

I flew from New Yawk City to Richmond with a Mooslim in full garb on the way back from Vegas. You betcha I was ready to keek his ass if he looked the wrong way to Allah. However, he was a good little terrorist because he was petrified flying into the Confederacy where we don't play around with the political correctness you Commies do and will ask questions later.

I flew from New Yawk City to Richmond with a Mooslim in full garb on the way back from Vegas. You betcha I was ready to keek his ass if he looked the wrong way to Allah. However, he was a good little terrorist because he was petrified flying into the Confederacy where we don't play around with the political correctness you Commies do and will ask questions later.

You sure it was a terrorist in full garb instead of an old Greek lady ?

Baboothcka

Not true. Your homeowner's liability coverage only protects you from lawsuits if somone gets injured on your insured property or if your insured property somehow is the cause of the lawsuit. This would have absolutley nothing to do with your homeowner's insurance.

Very much so not true....educate yourself and then attempt a proper post again. You have liability coverage on your homeowners insurance...it doesn't mean the offense has to happen at your property. Your insurance follows you. I surely hope you do not sell this stuff....your clients surely need a new agent.

Example, one of my clients kids were pushing a shopping cart in a grocery store. The kid was ten and decided to run with the cart....and hit a 3 year olds face point blank at a pretty high rate of speed. The people sued my client for the medical bills and their liability on the homeowners covered them up to 500,000....and the judgment was way less.

So, the moral of this story is that the liability on your homeowners is the same coverage as an umbrella policy....except it doesn't provide extra coverage in car, motorcycle, boat, and etc..accidents. Do you now care to disagree?

This is what I thought as well...but I'm a renter so what the he11 do I know anyways.

You also have liability coverage available on renters policies....starts usually at 100K and usually caps out at 500K some policies go to 1 mil before you have to purchase a seperate umbrella policy.

So, the moral of this story is that the liability on your homeowners is the same coverage as an umbrella policy....except it doesn't provide extra coverage in car, motorcycle, boat, and etc..accidents. Do you now care to disagree?

This is what my financial adviser told me back in March. He said I should think about an umbrella policy because my homeowners liability only went to $300k.

This is what my financial adviser told me back in March. He said I should think about an umbrella policy because my homeowners liability only went to $300k.

Excellent advice. If you have any assets to protect....and folks...don't forget your EARNING POWER is your largest asset.....then I would buy as much as deemed necessary...your advisor should be able to help you with that formulation. An umbrella would also sit above your auto liability limits and help there as well. At a minimum everyone with an income and a home should own 1mil in liability.

Technically doesn't an umbrella policy kick in after your liability runs out? I thought it was "extra" insurance to provide protection above and beyond the limits of your liability protection amount. Also under the umbrella policy can't you extend protection to cover claims such as slander / libel that may not be covered under your laiblity alone? It sounds like you are in the insurance biz, so I was just curious if I understand this correctly or not. I was under the impression they are not the same thing.

Edited by SF409ers

Technically doesn't an umbrella policy kick in after your liability runs out? I thought it was "extra" insurance to provide protection above and beyond the limits of your liability protection amount. Also under the umbrella policy can't you extend protection to cover claims such as slander / libel that may not be covered under your laiblity alone? It sounds like you are in the insurance biz, so I was just curious if I understand this correctly or not. I was under the impression they are not the same thing.

Pegged! However, you would have to check with the carrier, but some umbrella policies will still not cover slander or libel.

Thinking about it, why would insurance cover slander / libel any more than it would cover you being a burglar or mugger? :D

Well cause slander or libel is sometimes tough to know when you are doing it. Also, burglury and mugging are felonies....you can only sue someone for libel or slander and even then it has to pass the Sullivan test. So, I can understand why policies would cover it.

BTW, a mil should only cost something like 180 dollars a year...2mil like 225. It is ultra cheap insurance. Your rep will make at max 12% on the premium so that is not his/her focus for the recommendation.

Edited by TheShiznit