[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is it worht...

Chavez

...to save a few thousand dollars on a car?

I've got a lead on a good deal that is probably $1000 or more below market value; downside is it's either a 300 mile drive or a boat ride across Lake Michigan and a 75 mile drive.

Do you guys think it's worth it? Especially since there's no guarantee I'll like the vehicle when I get there (I've test driven the model and liked it a lot, but who knows what may be wrong with the specific vehicle I'd be looking at).

I've got a lead on a good deal that is probably $1000 or more below market value; downside is it's either a 300 mile drive or a boat ride across Lake Michigan and a 75 mile drive.

Do you guys think it's worth it? Especially since there's no guarantee I'll like the vehicle when I get there (I've test driven the model and liked it a lot, but who knows what may be wrong with the specific vehicle I'd be looking at).

Always look a gift horse in the mouth. Always.

It will get you out of the house... so I would at least go look at it. But that much under market value... hmmmm.... I would be very wary.

Let's see: 300 miles will take, say, 5 hours to drive. To save $1000, means that you are basically earning $200 an hour for those 5 hours--those are probably approaching Furd-like numbers. (even if you are talking about 600 miles round-trip, it still works out to $100 an hour which ain't bad either)

Sure it's worth a look if it's a good lead as you say. The question is whether you think investing one day is worth a chance at $1,000+.

Let's see: 300 miles will take, say, 5 hours to drive. To save $1000, means that you are basically earning $200 an hour for those 5 hours--those are probably approaching Furd-like numbers. (even if you are talking about 600 miles round-trip, it still works out to $100 an hour which ain't bad either)

....and he would be driving in your vicinity.

What kind of car and what is it worth to you to own this car. I find cars around a thousand below market value often based on the owners need to be rid of said car! Do you want to make a road trip?

What kind of car and what is it worth to you to own this car. I find cars around a thousand below market value often based on the owners need to be rid of said car! Do you want to make a road trip?

It's on a lot. I actually found the same model closer to me - same mileage and price, for all intents and purposes - and it was in GREAT shape.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do the roadtrip, essentially - wife can't travel, so I have to get there and possibly get two vehicles back if I purchase.

It's on a lot. I actually found the same model closer to me - same mileage and price, for all intents and purposes - and it was in GREAT shape.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to do the roadtrip, essentially - wife can't travel, so I have to get there and possibly get two vehicles back if I purchase.

ask the sellers by you to come down or your taking the trip.....tell them your buying a car no matter what, it will either be theirs or someone elses.

Where precisely is this thing at? We might be able to work something out if you want to take the ferry across.

There's always the option of a one-way rental or taking the ferry and renting a car, too. Though your ROI starts to diminish at some point, there.