[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favorite movie quotes...

dabuffbills

I was reading through some movie quotes online and I got to thinking, what is everyone's favorite movie quote?

One of my favorites is from Silence of the Lambs:

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

Another favorite of mine is from The Godfather:

"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis."

What about everyone else?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Wayne

"I won't be wronged; I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on, I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them." (The Shootist)

I shouldn't quote this cause it may not be exact but....

"I know what you're thinkin'. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is a 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and can blow your head clean off, you gotta ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

Kinda long but it's my absolute fave. Dirty Harry was an awesome character and they couldn't have found a better actor to play the role.

"Lets go"

"Hang on a second, I want to see if they get this stain out."

"It's a detergent commercial... they're going to get the stain out."

"Yeah... but that's bicycle grease."

(the two watch in silence for 10 seconds)

"Ok. Now lets go."

- Kicking and Screaming (1995)

Noah Baumbach is vastly underrated

love the scene and all the lines Pacino throws out in " Scent of a Woman " when he is the school defending Charlie

and the whole exchange between Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise ( mostly Jack's lines ) in court in "A Few Good men "

You cant handle the truth ..classic

:D

love the scene and all the lines Pacino throws out in " Scent of a Woman " when he is the school defending Charlie

and the whole exchange between Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise ( mostly Jack's lines ) in court in "A Few Good men "

You cant handle the truth ..classic

:D

Pacino's speech at the end of Scnet of a Woman is a great scene, good call there.

Two great lines, IMO, both beginning with the same words:

From Gladiator:

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

And of course, the classic:

My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father - prepare to die.

Two great lines, IMO, both beginning with the same words:

From Gladiator:

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

And of course, the classic:

My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father - prepare to die.

forget about gladiator ...love alot of lines from there ..good catch

and one of my favorites i forgot is :

"what you do in life , echoes for all eternity "

from Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

"It's only a flesh wound."

Frenchman: I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty-headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

[pause]

Galahad: Is there someone else up there we could talk to?

Frenchman: A-no! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time-a!

"And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'"

I agree with EnD. Look at my sig.

Also:

Maximus: I knew a man once who said, "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

Commodus: I wonder, did your friend smile at his own death?

Maximus: You must know. He was your father.

Commodus: You loved my father, I know. But so did I. That makes us brothers, doesn't it? Smile for me now, brother.

[stabs him]

Maximus: At my signal, unleash hell.

Quintus: People should know when they are conquered.

Maximus: Would you, Quintus? Would I?

And my favorite short quote:

Maximus: Strength and honor.

I agree with EnD. Look at my sig.

Also:

Maximus: I knew a man once who said, "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

Commodus: I wonder, did your friend smile at his own death?

Maximus: You must know. He was your father.

Commodus: You loved my father, I know. But so did I. That makes us brothers, doesn't it? Smile for me now, brother.

[stabs him]

Maximus: At my signal, unleash hell.

Quintus: People should know when they are conquered.

Maximus: Would you, Quintus? Would I?

And my favorite short quote:

Maximus: Strength and honor.

If you find yourself alone, riding in the green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead!

D-Day: War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Otter: Germans?

Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.