[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calvin Johnson Signs

Roadiedave

Yeah, like those huge pricks Jerry Rice, Tory Holt and Marvin Harrison. Clearly, you have to act like a punk to be a great NFL WR.

All those guys are primadonnas as well. And if you don't know that, then you don't follow the NFL that closely. Rice was always demanding the ball on the sidelines as a 9er and Raider, from Young, Montana, and Gannon. Harrison is known for sulking and moaping on the bench when he is not getting the ball from Peyton. Holt is a self-proclaimed great WR dating back to his rookie year. Just because they aren't as large in the eyes of the media as Chad, Randy and TO, doesn't make them choir boys. You must demand the ball to be a truly great WR, and 'believe' you are the man...

What? What does this have to do with CJ? I asked why you feel he is another TO and you come back with this? :D

Read through that thread and you will understand. I'm not going to get into it all over again. But, all I can say is: you had better hope that CJ never says anything about any other player from any other team in a positive fashion or people on here will call him out as if he has threatened to assasinate the Pope.

All those guys are primadonnas as well. And if you don't know that, then you don't follow the NFL that closely. Rice was always demanding the ball on the sidelines as a 9er and Raider, from Young, Montana, and Gannon. Harrison is known for sulking and moaping on the bench when he is not getting the ball from Peyton. Holt is a self-proclaimed great WR dating back to his rookie year. Just because they aren't as large in the eyes of the media as Chad, Randy and TO, doesn't make them choir boys. You must demand the ball to be a truly great WR, and 'believe' you are the man...

If you consider guys like Rice, Harrison, and Holt primadonnas, then you may as well say every player in the whole f'n league is a primadonna.

CJ is areldy practiing with the first team. He's big. 6'5" 239 lbs and very fast. Little CB's gonna have problems and compared to him they are all little.

I was at practice recently and Martz throws, throws, and throws some more....

• 2 months later...
So far he has played 4 out 5 games.

2.75 catches per game

48 yards per game

0.5 TDs per game

You mean he's played in two full games, went out early in the third, missed the fourth, and was very limited in the fifth? Yeah. And besides, most of his value right now is as a decoy. He's looked great when thrown the ball, but Martz is bringing him along VERY slowly. As I've been saying, recievers who don't know Martz's system won't make a HUGH impact, period. Martz would rather have hardworking "scrubs" who know his system backwards and forwards (Furrey, McDonald) than unfocussed raw talent. In his system, NOTHING is more important that the receivers running their routes with 100% accuracy and maximum precision.

Peace

policy

So far he has played 4 out 5 games.

2.75 catches per game

48 yards per game

0.5 TDs per game

If your going to post the wager, post the entire wager. I agree he has underperformed and will be hard pressed to hit 70 receptions, but should end up with more than 6 TD's. We will see.

Here's the wager:

1) Doesn't get into trouble off the field

2) No reports of him being lazy, missing practice (non-injury, family emergency related), not working hard

3) Catches say.......70 balls with 6 TD's

Any 2 of the three wins ($10-$20, or a free huddle membership next year)

10 bucks and a 365 day sigline bet seem to be a friendly enough wager to me.

#1 I would say stupid garbage like speeding tickets does not count against you.

#2 Could be quite subjective (in my favor) but, I will be fair.

#3 His ADP is the #22 WR. 2006 final #22 was Hines Ward with 74 rec / 6TDs. Bump the 60 catches to 70

Edited by NAUgrad