[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Channel In HD ?

Menudo

I was curious if anyone knew if the NFL channel was available in HD on DirecTV ???? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I remember with Comcast, they didn't have the NFL channel in HD, but, when games were played there, they simulcasted them on their HD station. Does Directv do this ???

The games are always on in HD. The shows aren't... yet. DirecTV has a bunch of HD channels that will start next month. NFL Network is one of them. According to AVS Forum, here are the channels that are coming:

# September 2007

# A&E

# Animal Planet

# Big Ten Network

# CNN

# Discovery

# Food Network*

# HGTV*

# History Channel

# MHD (MTV brand channel)

# National Geographic

# NFL Network

# The Science Channel

# TBS

# TLC

# Versus

# Weather Channel

# Cinemax-E

# Cinemax-W

# MoreMax

# HBO-W

# HBO2-E

# HBO2-W

# HBO Family-E

# HBO Family-W

# HBO Signature

# The Movie Channel

# SHO-W

# STARZ-E

# STARZ-W

# STARZ-Edge

# STARZ-Comedy

# STARZ-Kids

Fall 2007

# Bravo

# Cartoon Network

# Chiller

# CNBC

# FX

# SciFi Channel

# Sleuth

# Speed

# USA Network

December 2007

# The Tennis Channel

Spring 2008

# ABC Family

# Disney Channel

# ESPN News

# MGM

# Toon Disney

Edit: Make sure you have the new MPEG-4 receivers to get all the new channels and the 5 LNB dish. I called, and they're giving me a new hd dvr to get the channels.

Edited by Egret

I was curious if anyone knew if the NFL channel was available in HD on DirecTV ???? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I remember with Comcast, they didn't have the NFL channel in HD, but, when games were played there, they simulcasted them on their HD station. Does Directv do this ???

Some games they had on 95.

Seems like they showed games last year in HDTV, but all there other programming (on DirectTV) for some reason is a standard feed.

I'm hoping you are right. It isn't listed as being HD in the program guide.

The games are always on in HD. The shows aren't... yet. DirecTV has a bunch of HD channels that will start next month. NFL Network is one of them. According to AVS Forum, here are the channels that are coming:

# September 2007

# A&E

# Animal Planet

# Big Ten Network

# CNN

# Discovery

# Food Network*

# HGTV*

# History Channel

# MHD (MTV brand channel)

# National Geographic

# NFL Network

# The Science Channel

# TBS

# TLC

# Versus

# Weather Channel

# Cinemax-E

# Cinemax-W

# MoreMax

# HBO-W

# HBO2-E

# HBO2-W

# HBO Family-E

# HBO Family-W

# HBO Signature

# The Movie Channel

# SHO-W

# STARZ-E

# STARZ-W

# STARZ-Edge

# STARZ-Comedy

# STARZ-Kids

Fall 2007

# Bravo

# Cartoon Network

# Chiller

# CNBC

# FX

# SciFi Channel

# Sleuth

# Speed

# USA Network

December 2007

# The Tennis Channel

Spring 2008

# ABC Family

# Disney Channel

# ESPN News

# MGM

# Toon Disney

Edit: Make sure you have the new MPEG-4 receivers to get all the new channels and the 5 LNB dish. I called, and they're giving me a new hd dvr to get the channels.

Wow, great info Egret !!! I didn't realize all those channels were coming soon. That is going to be sweet !!!! :D

Cool. Thanks for the info. I just checked the program guide, and it has 'Pre-game' listed on 95 during gametime.

If it says that at the start time it's not in HD. Some pre season games are but it doesn't look like tonight's is.

I don't have DirectTV, I have Comcast. I was a bit disappointed in the NFL Networks HD capabilities. I mean it looked OK, but other channels like ESPN blow them out ot the water. Didn't know if anyone else noticed this w/their Comcast network?

I remember bringing this up last season. I do have an HD TV but I do not get NFL network in HD - others on these boards do. I don't know if it's area-specific but I definitely don't get it. And I have Comcast not directv.

I have a NFL Network HD channel on mine. Reg channel is 180 and the HD channel is 275. But, like I said earlier, it wasn't that good IMO.

I don't have DirectTV, I have Comcast. I was a bit disappointed in the NFL Networks HD capabilities. I mean it looked OK, but other channels like ESPN blow them out ot the water. Didn't know if anyone else noticed this w/their Comcast network?

The Directv HD was fantastic.

dammit! now I gotta call and see if I've got the right box/dish setup...