[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LLWS

darin3

I typically try watching the finals, sometimes even the semi-finals or quarterfinals (or whatever they call the games before the actual championship game). Caught some highlights from tonight's regional (or whatever) featuring a team from Lubbuck, TX. Man, they got this kid that has wicked nasty stuff. Lefty, very tall. Not sure how their offense is, but this kid looks like a dominant force and could propel his team to the WS! Anyone got more info on this team........?

There's a team from Minnesota this year for the first time in a long time...they are from Coon Rapids, a northern suburb of Minneapolis...a few suburbs over from me...

I watched them for a bit the other night. Are they still in it?

I typically try watching the finals, sometimes even the semi-finals or quarterfinals (or whatever they call the games before the actual championship game). Caught some highlights from tonight's regional (or whatever) featuring a team from Lubbuck, TX. Man, they got this kid that has wicked nasty stuff. Lefty, very tall. Not sure how their offense is, but this kid looks like a dominant force and could propel his team to the WS! Anyone got more info on this team........?

I have watched all 7 regional finals. The pitcher you are referring too is the best I have seen this year. He was consistenly throwing in the upper 70's with a wicked curve ball. He will be tough to beat. But, this year they have a 85 pitch limit, then three days rest. This year whoever is the deepest on the mound will have the best chance to make it to the semis.

I have watched all 7 regional finals. The pitcher you are referring too is the best I have seen this year. He was consistenly throwing in the upper 70's with a wicked curve ball. He will be tough to beat. But, this year they have a 85 pitch limit, then three days rest. This year whoever is the deepest on the mound will have the best chance to make it to the semis.

So what you're saying is that they're employing the Chicago Cubs' pitching mantra? :D

Actually you can. If you have hit the 85 pitch limit and your still facing the batter at the plate, you can finish pitching to him or her.

Right. There's that.

Generally speaking, it's no more than 85 pitches in any three day stretch.

Damn Lubbock team beat my hometown team of Chandler. :D

But really, they must be bringing in illegals or something...y'all ever been to Lubbock? There ain't jack out there!

Chandler is tough. 1-3 hitters are unreal. I was suprised that the pitcher today held them in check.

What I learned today is Texas is deep in pitching. The kid they brought in to clean up with one out in the sixth was sick.

They have 3 crazy lefties. They should win the U.S bracket. Lets just hope Garrett Williams is on the mound when they play for the world series if they by chance do make the title game.

He only struck out 17.