[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maroney

RokoMotion

August 14, 2007

Day 15, 1st practice

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

FOXBOROUGH -- Here are five observations from this afternoon's practice:

1) Maroney shifts to higher gear. Although he is still wearing a red, non-contact jersey -- and did not take place in a physical inside running drill -- Laurence Maroney is increasing his workload and absorbing some minor contact. "I’ve been doing a bit more contact and it’s just feeling real good," Maroney said after practice. From a pure speed standpoint, Maroney looks excellent.

Are you on crack? DILLON > Faulk/Morris/Evans. Easily.

PS they've always had Faulk so you are inaccurate...

:D

Even when Dillon went down, Faulk's role didn't change. Faulk is a 3rd down RB and pitches in on special teams.

Before Maroney arrived, the Pats have had Dillon/Evans/Pass as RBs. Check the games that Dillon had to miss or was limited... it was Evans or Pass that benefited. Faulk's role stayed the same.

:D

Even when Dillon went down, Faulk's role didn't change. Faulk is a 3rd down RB and pitches in on special teams.

Before Maroney arrived, the Pats have had Dillon/Evans/Pass as RBs. Check the games that Dillon had to miss or was limited... it was Evans or Pass that benefited. Faulk's role stayed the same.

But he played a part regardless. You can't discount him...

I personally would not to deal with him being so fragile.....he wasnt even a full time starter last year and got banged up. Also......I wish I could pull some posts from last year when people went nuts about Bellichecks antics with the injury report. I know for sure that I would not want to deal with it every week and not knowing wether he will suit up or not !!!!

I personally would not to deal with him being so fragile.....he wasnt even a full time starter last year and got banged up. Also......I wish I could pull some posts from last year when people went nuts about Bellichecks antics with the injury report. I know for sure that I would not want to deal with it every week and not knowing wether he will suit up or not !!!!

Truer words have never been spoken. I had a dinged up Dillon in '05 and Bellichech screwed with me almost weekly. :D Avoid Maroney and watch some other sucker yell at his TV :D

This is exactly why I may be looking to deal him in my keeper league for a back of similar value with less risk. I may be giving up some upside, but I have a feeling I'll be giving up some headaches as well.

I happen to look at other sources besides fanball and rotoworld. And I trust what I have been reading. Haven't been steered wrong yet...

So do I and he has been noted as looking quick, but no one is questioning his ability to run. The question is his ability to take the punishment of a featured NFL back.