[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maroney

RokoMotion

I don't get why so many people have soured on Maroney after just 1 season....

:D

people talk about him like he's fantasy football cancer when he's in one of the strongest offenses in the NFL...if not strongest team...

he should be ranked around 8-12 in RB's...

I don't get why so many people have soured on Maroney after just 1 season....

:D

people talk about him like he's fantasy football cancer when he's in one of the strongest offenses in the NFL...if not strongest team...

he should be ranked around 8-12 in RB's...

IF he stays healthy, I agree with you. The problem is his health, and it is a reasonable concern. Shoulders injuries are different for RBs than they are for other players. RBs are constantly getting pounded across the shoulder pads - almost every play. They take a tremendous amount of upper body punishment. If his shoulder isn't healthy, he simply can not run the ball effectively, and he also will have a tough time protecting Brady on pass plays.

IF he stays healthy, I agree with you. The problem is his health, and it is a reasonable concern. Shoulders injuries are different for RBs than they are for other players. RBs are constantly getting pounded across the shoulder pads - almost every play. They take a tremendous amount of upper body punishment. If his shoulder isn't healthy, he simply can not run the ball effectively, and he also will have a tough time protecting Brady on pass plays.

I just think he's had more than enough time to recover and that Belichick sitting him is just him up to his same old shtuff...

the shoulder shouldn't a problem anymore IMO and the only reason his shoulder would be hurt again is if he just simply got hurt again...

I just think he's had more than enough time to recover and that Belichick sitting him is just him up to his same old shtuff...

the shoulder shouldn't a problem anymore IMO and the only reason his shoulder would be hurt again is if he just simply got hurt again...

I'd feel a whole lot better if you could provide some kind of documentation of your assertions.

What I do know is that he had surgery in late March and when they opened him up they found "significant" damage to the shoulder and much more damage than had been anticipated. I also know he couldn't throw a football a month ago. I also know that he has been held out of heavy contact drills to date thus far this preseason. I also know he didn't take a snap in the first preseason game.

I have not seen any documentation that says the shoulder is 100% and back to full strength.

Frank Gore had surgery on both of his shoulders before last season and then went nuts. How did lowering him on your draft boards work out?

If you're comfortable with taking risks with that kind of injury and expecting huge production, that's cool. Gore was a great risk later in drafts, but I don't recall discussions about Gore being 1st round worthy around this time a year ago.

If you're comfortable with taking risks with that kind of injury and expecting huge production, that's cool. Gore was a great risk later in drafts, but I don't recall discussions about Gore being 1st round worthy around this time a year ago.

Neither do I. I remember thinking he was an intriguing pick, but definitely not a 1st or 2nd rounder... not last year.

IIRC, Maroney also suffered a rib injury during the regular season. He was also not exactly Mr. Duability in college, either.

People look at that and his off-season shoulder surgery and see a pattern. Maybe Maroney will prove us wrong, but I wouldn't want to rely on him to stay healthy enough to justify a high pick.

IIRC, Maroney also suffered a rib injury during the regular season. He was also not exactly Mr. Duability in college, either.

People look at that and his off-season shoulder surgery and see a pattern. Maybe Maroney will prove us wrong, but I wouldn't want to rely on him to stay healthy enough to justify a high pick.

Exactly. If he lasted into the 3rd, I wouldnt mind picking him there, but the 1st pick is way too valuable to use it on someone like that, and the 2nd can be just as valuable. Problem is, he wont last til round 3, so he wont be on any rosters of mine this year.

I don't know...with an OL like NE has and the weapons...he has all the chance in the world...plus he has some ability..

and I wouldn't compare college conditioning to NFL conditioning...

they do way more to protect their assets as they are paying them...

I don't know...with an OL like NE has and the weapons...he has all the chance in the world...plus he has some ability..

and I wouldn't compare college conditioning to NFL conditioning...

they do way more to protect their assets as they are paying them...

How about this: A young, healthy Maroney had a rib injury and a shoulder injury severe enough to require surgery after a whole 206 carries and 23 receptions... and that includes the playoffs. Do you want to spend a first- or second-round pick on a guy like that? I don't.

How about this: A young, healthy Maroney had a rib injury and a shoulder injury severe enough to require surgery after a whole 206 carries and 23 receptions... and that includes the playoffs. Do you want to spend a first- or second-round pick on a guy like that? I don't.

I wouldn't spend a first round pick on him. I learned a long time ago that you can't win with an early round bust.

That said, I would probably spend a second round pick on him, depending on who was available and where I was in the second round. The scoring potential is very good.

I wouldn't spend a first round pick on him. I learned a long time ago that you can't win with an early round bust.

That said, I would probably spend a second round pick on him, depending on who was available and where I was in the second round. The scoring potential is very good.

yep..i mean dillon banged out 13 tds and maroney got 6...and they should be able to move the ball this year with relative ease...im sure that theyll use just enough evans, morris, and faulk to try and keep him safe and fresh...but thats really maroneys appeal, is the td potential

I hate the term "injury prone". It's a violent game. Injuries happen to everybody.

Yes, and some of them are much, much better at avoiding serious injuries and playing through nagging ones. Few people will dispute that there was a massive difference between Brett Favre/Curtis Martin and Kurt Warner/Fred Taylor in their fantasy primes.

I'd probably willing to take a flyer on Maroney as my #2 if he were around in the mid or late 2nd round. But chances are that he won't.

What can't be overlooked is that even if Maroney has only some nagging injuries (nothing career or season ending), Belichik will have you pulling your hair out for 3-5 Sunday mornings hoping for some kind, any kind of update on Maroney's status.

They did that will Dillon a few times. He'd be questionable b/c of a "leg" injury, suit up, participate in pregame, and it seems he's good to go. Gametime, Dillon watches from the sidelines in full pads as Heath Evans or Patrick Pass or the guy that bagged Belichik's groceries earlier in the week runs for 85yds and a TD.

Edited by kingfish247

I'd feel a whole lot better if you could provide some kind of documentation of your assertions.

What I do know is that he had surgery in late March and when they opened him up they found "significant" damage to the shoulder and much more damage than had been anticipated. I also know he couldn't throw a football a month ago. I also know that he has been held out of heavy contact drills to date thus far this preseason. I also know he didn't take a snap in the first preseason game.

I have not seen any documentation that says the shoulder is 100% and back to full strength.

Don't you think they would have addressed this in FA or the draft if they were worried about it? I do. I don't think they would go into the season with the Faulk/Morris/Evans trio to rely on...