[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just found out my Draft Position

msmith379

First time ever playing in a 14 team league we draft on Tuesday. I am the 14th pick. It has some pros and cons. The obvious con is not any top tier RBs to choose from and having to wait 27 picks between but the pro is two picks back to back and being able to watch the trends from a far.

My question is for the first few rounds before I start doing my own research what would be your strategy.

Looking at what I could have. It looks like 1.14 could be a Ronnie Brown or McGahee. Which I don't mind.

2.1 Not sure where to go. I could go after a top tier WR or get my 2nd RB.

3.14 If I took the WR in the second I should go RB here possible Gates

4.1 Gates, Brady, WR or third RB

Thanks for any help.

By the way we start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, DEF, K

1pt/50yds passing

1PPR

1/20yds rushing/receiving

-2 for int

-1 for fumbles

Standard D and K

Yeah, I would also take RBs at both 14 & 15. If you wait until the 42nd pick, the RB selection will be down to the dregs. I would be sure to handcuff both of your starting RBs, by the way, since if they last until 14 & 15, there is some question mark surrounding them, so you will want insurance.

I just did a mock draft for the first 6 rounds what do you think

1.14 - Ronnie Brown - tier 2 Rb

2.1 - Travis Henry - Tier 2 RB

3.14 - Andre Johnson - Tier 2 WR

4.1 - Lee Evens - Tier 2 WR

5.14 - Vernon Davis - Tier 2 TE a little reach

6.1 - Brandon Jackson - Tier 3 RB probably a reach but some value

With the scoring, receptions for RBs are hugh. Each catch is equivalentto twenty yards. I'd focus my early picks on receiving backs if any are there. Henry would be good if you can get him, and, though very doubtful they are there, a Westbrook or Bush.

Obviously one of the two needs to be an RB.

If everyone in front of you goes RB, then you may well be better served going with Steve Smith with your other pick. Going RB/RB, while safe, is just that, safe and it will not give you an opportunity to build a team that could win it all becasue you will be trailing your opponents at every position. 3rd/4th round RBs that may do well in thistype of scoring sytem are DeAngelo WIlliams if he clearly pushes Foster out or even a guy like Ahman Green that is involved in the passing game.

Going RB/RB, while safe, is just that, safe and it will not give you an opportunity to build a team that could win it all becasue you will be trailing your opponents at every position.

(quote]

How would he be trailing his opponents at every position, necessarily, if he drafts his 1st RB after everyone else drafts theirs, but, drafts his 2nd RB before anyone else drafts theirs??

First time ever playing in a 14 team league we draft on Tuesday. I am the 14th pick. It has some pros and cons. The obvious con is not any top tier RBs to choose from and having to wait 27 picks between but the pro is two picks back to back and being able to watch the trends from a far.

My question is for the first few rounds before I start doing my own research what would be your strategy.

Looking at what I could have. It looks like 1.14 could be a Ronnie Brown or McGahee. Which I don't mind.

2.1 Not sure where to go. I could go after a top tier WR or get my 2nd RB.

3.14 If I took the WR in the second I should go RB here possible Gates

4.1 Gates, Brady, WR or third RB

Thanks for any help.

By the way we start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, DEF, K

1pt/50yds passing

1PPR

1/20yds rushing/receiving

-2 for int

-1 for fumbles

Standard D and K

http://www.thehuddle.com/x7/articles/kr-070815-basement.php

Do you get points per reception in your league? I would think about going with a stud WR with your 2nd pick. I think that a Harrison, T.O. Moss, Fitzgerald, C. Johnson will put up more points over the course of a season than T. Henry (who will eventually have to deal with a RB by committee) and McGahee. Just my opinion.

Going RB/RB, while safe, is just that, safe and it will not give you an opportunity to build a team that could win it all becasue you will be trailing your opponents at every position.

(quote]

How would he be trailing his opponents at every position, necessarily, if he drafts his 1st RB after everyone else drafts theirs, but, drafts his 2nd RB before anyone else drafts theirs??

Because what will happen is he'll have no stud WR's, at the cost of an RB2 that (and especially this year) might not be too far off from what he finds for his 3rd pick, but the drop in WRs for that 3rd pick leaves him lost at two positions: no studs at either.

In a league this large and from that spot, you sometimes have top hold your nose and reach for a guy you want if you want him. It's tough and takes balls, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Do you get points per reception in your league? I would think about going with a stud WR with your 2nd pick. I think that a Harrison, T.O. Moss, Fitzgerald, C. Johnson will put up more points over the course of a season than T. Henry (who will eventually have to deal with a RB by committee) and McGahee. Just my opinion.

Why would he have to deal with RB by committee ?

Was Portis in a committee, Was Terrel Davis? Not sure why everyone thinks Shanahan is a "committee" HC. Its only the last couple years because he has had inferior talent.

Edited by G.K.Trey