[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AutoDraft Leagues......

millerx

I've been a FFBaller back before TheHuddle.com was in existence!! (thank god for technology and THEHUDDLE.COM :wacko::D:wacko: ) However, my 11 year-old nephew is really into football (on and off the field) and he has been invited by some of his teammates to join a league on ESPN. This will be his first experience in Fantasy. Anyway, they are using an autodraft format? I gave him my insights to how Fantasy works compared to the real deal (he really wanted to take the Bears defense in the first round :D )., but I'm not that familiar with the autoformat. I have a basic idea of how it works, but only from reading the rules on the ESPN website.

Has anyone ever used the ESPN Autoformat Draft before? If so, what was your experience like? Any suggestions?

Edited by millerx

Eh... If its a free league for kids I don't see anything wrong with it. Just let him know that he'll have very little control over his team unless he sets up a lot of pre-selects.

Unfortunately, there is some money involved. Is it hard or time-consuming to do the pre-selects?

I wouldn't do it an autodraft, money involved league for an 11 year old, but that's just me. What I would probably do is pair up with him and do a team together. A fun activity to spend some time together, and that's what it should be about at that age.

my 11 year-old nephew is really into football (on and off the field) and he has been invited by some of his teammates to join a league on ESPN.

Unfortunately, there is some money involved. Is it hard or time-consuming to do the pre-selects?

And this seems to you like something you ought to be encouraging? Do Mom & Dad know that he's gambling with buddies?

Dont listen to these guys here.

Just crack open a beer with him and sit back and let the auto pickin begin

:D:wacko: That's not until next year....... :D:wacko:

It's just a small entry fee of $10, we're not talking big bucks. His parents are aware of it, and don't see the harm in it. He's a great kid, straight A student since the first grade, very responsible and mature. Unfortunately, he lives a few states away, so I can't be there to help guide him.

BTW, thi wasn't exactly the advice I was looking for, but thanks anyway.

:D:wacko: That's not until next year....... :D:wacko:

It's just a small entry fee of $10, we're not talking big bucks. His parents are aware of it, and don't see the harm in it. He's a great kid, straight A student since the first grade, very responsible and mature. Unfortunately, he lives a few states away, so I can't be there to help guide him.

BTW, thi wasn't exactly the advice I was looking for, but thanks anyway.

Yeah, tons of compulsive gamblers were great kids that made straight-A's in school, too.

Yeah, tons of compulsive gamblers were great kids that made straight-A's in school, too.

What? Huh? First, you know the backrounds of TONS of compulsive gamblers? Nice hook, but I not biting!! Second, a small entry fee does not a gambler make. Third, yeah, I guess you could technically classify Fantasy as gambling, but this not the intention. I know a lot of FFBer's who do this more for bragging rights than winning the money. Same thing here. ...Just kids wanting to show that they know more than the next kid. Growing up, you didn't challenge or bet your friends on all sorts of things?

Edited by millerx