[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who do I take? It's my turn in an untimed draft

Scoring is .5 per reception, 6 points per all TD, 1 pt per 20 yards rushing, 1 pt per 15 yards receiving and 1 pt per 40 yards passing.

So far I have Ronnie Brown and Chad Johnson.

Left on the board is:

RB - Portis, Jacobs, A. Peterson, Barber, Norwood, Jordan, Taylor

WR - R. Moss, A. Johnson, Evans, Driver, Colston, Burress, L. Coles, Housch

QB - Kitna, Romo, Leinart, River, hasselback

Please help, I have 2 ouf of the next 4 picks and I think I need to go RB / WR but which ones will help me most? I don't think I can afford to go WR/WR.

Link me to your post and I'll answer it.

eeuw. I hope this is a large league.

I take Evans and either Jacobs or Portis. I have those two backs in a pretty much dead heat and, frankly hope that someone else takes them. The order depends on what the horn guy has. I'm guessing you are one pick from the end of the 1st round. If dude has two RBs, then take Evans first and the RB second since he's likely going to go WR with these picks.

I'd go with whichever of Evans or Driver you like better - I'd probably take Evans since we haven't gotten any news on Driver's foot injury from last night.

On the comeback, I'd go with Jacobs in the 4th round. If you don't like Jacobs, go with Portis. If both go before your next pick, take Driver in the 4th.

eeuw. I hope this is a large league.

I take Evans and either Jacobs or Portis. I have those two backs in a pretty much dead heat and, frankly hope that someone else takes them. The order depends on what the horn guy has. I'm guessing you are one pick from the end of the 1st round. If dude has two RBs, then take Evans first and the RB second since he's likely going to go WR with these picks.

This is a 14 team league and as you can see, most of the good Rb's are gone. I was thinking of doing A. Johnson and Moss, but most people are even mentioning Johnson as somebody to pick.

Would it be completely insane to take 2 WR's right now? Most of the league has their 2 RB's already and there really isn't anyone out there that I want (granted I need a 2nd RB). But there are quality receivers that will not make it to me for my 5th round pick.

Can you start 3 WRs, either as required or as an option? With 0.5 ppr & a yardage advantage for receiving yds, Evans & Driver are very good values right now. Be prepared to suffer at RB a bit though - but your WR corps of CJ, Evans, & Driver could put up some very strong FF pts for you and would make up for your lacking at #2 RB - probably by a decent margin.

I'd take Portis and Kitna. None of the WRs are that exciting, and since you are not penalized for INTs, Kitna should be productive for you, since he will have Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, and Mike Furrey to throw to. And, if you do take Portis, be sure to grab Betts pretty quick as a handcuff.

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex (wr or te), 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF

So yes, we can start 3 WR.

Driver got hurt last night. I was thinking of going with Andre Johnson and one other WR, like Randy Moss or Laverneus coles. Everyone seems high on Lee Evans this year.

Word on Driver should be coming out this afternoon - in fact, I'd expect to hear something within an hour or so. You could take Evans now and see what is up with Driver when the news breaks, and allow your draft to proceed.

It's way too early to take Coles - he doesn't score enough TDs. The 3rd/early 4th is also way too early to take Kitna. Andre Johnosn is a stud, but he's got a new QB who is unproven as a starting NFL QB, and is learning a new O. Portis is likely caught up in a RBBC, and Moss now plays for an O that spreads the ball all over the place - he's likely to have very roller coaster type production this season.

You best 3 choices are between Evans, Driver, & Jacobs - in that order. And with scoring leaning to WRs, I wouldn't hesitate to go with Evans & Driver in your position.

Edited by Bronco Billy

It's way too early to take Coles - he doesn't score enough TDs. The 3rd/early 4th is also way too early to take Kitna. Andre Johnosn is a stud, but he's got a new QB who is unproven as a starting NFL QB, and is learning a new O. Portis is likely caught up in a RBBC, and Moss now plays for an O that spreads the ball all over the place - he's likely to have very roller coaster type production this season.

You best 3 choices are between Evans, Driver, & Jacobs - in that order. And with scoring leaning to WRs, I wouldn't hesitate to go with Evans & Driver in your position.

:D

i disagree with Evans , the only WR listed I would take Evans before is Coles.

Well, then you know something that a lot of people don't, because his ADP is 14 among WRs right now, one spot ahead of Driver, and both Driver & Evans are being projected as fringe top 10/12 WRs.

I happen to agree with those assessments for both Evans & Driver.

Take Evans and Driver

A Johnson is on the Texans, enough said, Tom Brady throws to 12 different recievers every game, Housh is good but he's the #2 and then theres Colston who I have just behind Driver and Evand in this Lineup. I think Driver will get alot of balls this year because the GB running game looks average at best - IMO

So who would you take? Evans does seem to be the go to guy in Buffalo as Andre Johnson is in Houston.

Oh for godsakes, quit holding your draft hostage and make a pick. It's your freaking team after all. We've told you what we think now decide for yourself.

I am just curious...

Are you the guy in Hell's Kitchen?

:D

Oddly enough, I am about as mellow in the kitchen as you'll find and my staff would vouch for that (or else :D j/k).

I suppose at some point, these threads get tired. I understand being torn between a few players which is why you come to the huddle. Then a bunch of people post their thoughts. At some point, you just have to make the call. In all fairness, at least in this situation, dude has gotten some rather varied responses so he does have some decisions to make.

Nowhere near as bad as when somebody asks a question, then five people all chime in with the exact same answer, the thread dies at the bottom of the page, and the momo bumps it with "anyone else?"