[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need computer help

Scare Tactics

ok so i was in yahoo mail typing an email i had open office running in the backround with it open on a spreadsheat but this was all minimized so like i said i was typing an email in yahoo mail and i went to hit shift to capatalize the start of a sentence and i must have hit something else not sure if i hit ctrl plus the key that i wanted to cpatalize or i hit something totally different and a key but it poped up a little window saying something when i hit it and i didnt pay attention and i thought i just hit cancel in the window it opened well after that everything i type is in caps even though the caps button is not pressed and the green light is not on when i hit the caps button everything is non caps but i still cant type nummbers or symbols cause they are always in the caps form aside from that there is more problems whenever i click on a link or something on the internet in now opens a new window each time instead of just using the page i was on i have four windows open right now just from cliking links to get to this message board and also everything that i click on highlights everthing even on the internet like i was on yahoo home page and if i jus click on an open spot on the page it highlights the whole page blue i cant click on the page and use my scroll mouse cause it just highlights everything and then my scroll mouse is scrolling my urls can some ! please help i am desperate oh and i cant system restore because some how i had it turned off i tried to do that

ok so i was in yahoo mail typing an email i had open office running in the backround with it open on a spreadsheat but this was all minimized so like i said i was typing an email in yahoo mail and i went to hit shift to capatalize the start of a sentence and i must have hit something else not sure if i hit ctrl plus the key that i wanted to cpatalize or i hit something totally different and a key but it poped up a little window saying something when i hit it and i didnt pay attention and i thought i just hit cancel in the window it opened well after that everything i type is in caps even though the caps button is not pressed and the green light is not on when i hit the caps button everything is non caps but i still cant type nummbers or symbols cause they are always in the caps form aside from that there is more problems whenever i click on a link or something on the internet in now opens a new window each time instead of just using the page i was on i have four windows open right now just from cliking links to get to this message board and also everything that i click on highlights everthing even on the internet like i was on yahoo home page and if i jus click on an open spot on the page it highlights the whole page blue i cant click on the page and use my scroll mouse cause it just highlights everything and then my scroll mouse is scrolling my urls can some ! please help i am desperate oh and i cant system restore because some how i had it turned off i tried to do that

reboot?

Sounds like whatever happens when you hold the shift key too long. It turns on some handicap accesible mode.

I can think of no key combo that would cause that. Did you reboot?

That should wipe out temp. command.

Check your mouse/keyboard settings w/ the manufs. s/w and if available restore defaults.

There is a simple test you can do to eliminate one of the worst case scenarios:

1) Go to NFL.com

2) Click on the "Players" button

3) Select "By Name" from the pull-down menu

4) Type in "Freddie Jones" and click on the "Historical Players" button

5) If the image that comes up is a balding, middle-aged white guy, then you have been infected with the dreaded Pony Virus. You will have to replace your hard drive and your operating system.

Hope this helps.

There is a simple test you can do to eliminate one of the worst case scenarios:

1) Go to NFL.com

2) Click on the "Players" button

3) Select "By Name" from the pull-down menu

4) Type in "Freddie Jones" and click on the "Historical Players" button

5) If the image that comes up is a balding, middle-aged white guy, then you have been infected with the dreaded Pony Virus. You will have to replace your hard drive and your operating system.

Hope this helps.

:D Classic Huddle lore.

Edited by rajncajn

No reboot did not fix the problem, but i re enabled sys restore, and it actually let me restore to a point an hour before, even the restore was turned off. That fixed the problem..

:D

I'd really like to know what you did including error message. Not possible, I know. Glad your sys is up.

:D

All i can say is I have no idea what is being said in this long ass run on sentence :D