[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

the new ipods are here!

tonorator

read all the details here.

see all the new products here.

highlights:

iPhone will receive a price drop, moving the 8GB model down to $399 from $599 starting immediately. The 4GB iPhone model is being dropped, due to intense consumer concentration on the 8GB model.

A wifi-accessible version of the iTunes Music Store. The new version allows downloading music from iTunes directly to your iPod touch.

Apple also released the iPod Touch today, featuring full, touchscreen controls like the iPhone. Included apps are Calendar, Clock Contacts, Calc, Settings and a few more. Steve Jobs called it "One of the Seven Wonders of the World."

Plus new iPod classic, iPod nano (now with video!), and new iPod shuffle.

giddyup.

16GB for $400 ??? ROFL

ye of little understanding.

the iPod Touch comes with full internet browsing, same functionality as on the iPhone. if you have ever played with this, it is freakin' amazing. the screen is crisp and the controls are easy, making the thing much like a handheld computer. combine this with the other apps, the full photo and video capability, touch screen design, etc., and you have a truly revolutionary product, plain and simple.

ye of little understanding.

the iPod Touch comes with full internet browsing, same functionality as on the iPhone. if you have ever played with this, it is freakin' amazing. the screen is crisp and the controls are easy, making the thing much like a handheld computer. combine this with the other apps, the full photo and video capability, touch screen design, etc., and you have a truly revolutionary product, plain and simple.

Why not just kick in the extra $100 for the phone?

I have an 80 gig video, but now they have a 160 gig :D

yes, that is what's so revolutionary!

Once they get the memory of the iphone up to where it is for the traditional ipod then we're talking. Not sure how long it will take but it will happen.

I have no idea why anyone would by a touch ipod and not the iphone though. I guess they figure go ahead and get it out there and let the poor 1st gen saps buy them while they work on expanding memory, etc.

Once they get the memory of the iphone up to where it is for the traditional ipod then we're talking. Not sure how long it will take but it will happen.

I have no idea why anyone would by a touch ipod and not the iphone though. I guess they figure go ahead and get it out there and let the poor 1st gen saps buy them while they work on expanding memory, etc.

I would buy an iPod Touch instead of an iPhone because I already have a Blackberry Pearl that is provided to me through work. Also, some people may have a service they are happy with in regards to a cell phone (read: as a past Cingular customer, they suck.). In this way, Apple is not limited to just a cell phone service provider, which makes business sense.

I don't have an iPod but have recently been considering it. This has pushed me to the edge where I'll probably seriously consider it due to the GUI and the WiFi capability.

I would buy an iPod Touch instead of an iPhone because I already have a Blackberry Pearl that is provided to me through work. Also, some people may have a service they are happy with in regards to a cell phone (read: as a past Cingular customer, they suck.). In this way, Apple is not limited to just a cell phone service provider, which makes business sense.

I don't have an iPod but have recently been considering it. This has pushed me to the edge where I'll probably seriously consider it due to the GUI and the WiFi capability.

agree. don't want the phone because i have my work bb, but i'd love to have the internet browsing, photos, music, etc.

to those scoffers, get your azazello down to an apple store and play with one. then come back and talk to me.

So with the iTouch do you still have to sign up for an ISP?

Nah, it would be just like using a laptop with a wifi card. If there is free access it costs nothing but there may be a charge (if you opt to pay it) at some places like airports, etc.

Basically it sounds like people may buy the itouch not to use like traditional ipods with tons of stored music but more for the web browsing capabilites with a smaller music library. That's not all that appealing to me really.