[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone know how to convert a Yearly salary to Hourly

alchico

I'm currently in a salaried position and have been offered a job at an hourly rate. How do i convert an hourly rate to a yearly salary???

Multiply the hourly rate by the number of hours you work in a year. Using a 52 week year and 40 hours a week that would be 2080 hours.

i'm not sure it's quite that simple. How many hours do you work now and how many would you work at the new job (estimate). Hrly you get paid for over 40, salary you do not. Salary pays for holidays and vacations, hourly may not.

Make sure you have all the information to make an informative decision.

i'm not sure it's quite that simple. How many hours do you work now and how many would you work at the new job (estimate). Hrly you get paid for over 40, salary you do not. Salary pays for holidays and vacations, hourly may not.

Make sure you have all the information to make an informative decision.

Thanks everyone

I did take the job, it's and 8-5, 5 days a week, on call 2 weeks a month with a minumum 2hrs if i walk out the door. It was a slight increase in my overall salary assuming i work the entire year. Full bennies is why i took it though. Full medical, dental and vision (low copays) minimal cost to add my wife (i pay over 500 month for her and 240 for me, now only 218 total) 10 days vacation, 6 sick days, all holidays paid. And a 401k with a 4% match. At first i wasn't to keen on the job due to the modest salary increase but when i figured out the benefits i feel like i got about a $500 monthly increase in my take home and some peace of mind. Sometimes big companys are great, but i will miss the freedoms i had at my old job.